• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

I am going to try taking some step by step pics of the install that I am currently working on , just to give some more insight to the "people watching at home" .

You go Wil!
Don't try, just do it.
Trev
Not sure if I will install my 440cc injectors and Fic before Kelowna, or the Nav DVD either.
Kind of lazy here, like to sit and look at the chopper in the garage instead. lol
I did put on the Prospeed catz and GTLW Tailtec, but will probably sell the GTLW.
Can't wait to see ya.

Last edited:

done but I need bigger wheels it's too low with 91 wheel lol

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 825

Wow doc , that does look low , you will need to be careful on speed bumps , I was thinking that with a bit of customization on the end tanks , it could be mounted up top by the throttle body , PM me and we can talk.

I might be able to pull the watercooler up about 2'', It didn't look that low when the car on the jack stand. I didn't want it too close to the exhaust but now I have to. I need 19'' rear wheels lol

Im glad my intercooler is going in the engine bay, that does look pretty low. Glad to see that one of the kits are completed. Just recieved my FIC yesterday. Frank

That pic looks great doc!

I just got my modified oil pan in over the weekend (its a major job - but I call it therapy) AEM FIC is installed, with fuel injectors and regapped plugs-

Oil pump and meth pump going in tonight

and then I will bolt up the turbo.

Rich

I just got my modified oil pan in over the weekend (its a major job - but I call it therapy) AEM FIC is installed, with fuel injectors and regapped plugs-

Oil pump and meth pump going in tonight

and then I will bolt up the turbo.

Rich

I'm very happy to see people getting their projects together!

It has come to my attention , that there is some question about wether my kit is really a "complete" kit , so for those who prefer it ,

I am offering a 100% COMPLETE KIT , this consists of :

- Tuner kit

- AEM F/IC

- 440cc injectors

- Air to air intercooler setup

- Tial BOV ( this will also include the bov flange welded on )

$6700

getting closer!

Attachments

• oil pump.jpg
    oil pump.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 740
  • oil-takeof.jpg
    oil-takeof.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 655
  • oil take off w hose.jpg
    oil take off w hose.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 625
  • oil pump mount.jpg
    oil pump mount.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 628
  • moded oil pan.jpg
    moded oil pan.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 625

It has come to my attention , that there is some question about wether my kit is really a "complete" kit , so for those who prefer it ,

I am offering a 100% COMPLETE KIT , this consists of :

- Tuner kit

- AEM F/IC

- 440cc injectors

- Air to air intercooler setup

- Tial BOV ( this will also include the bov flange welded on )

$6700

That is a spectacular deal Angus!

That is a spectacular deal Angus!

Thank you Devin , it really is a great deal , and I am hoping a few more will jump on this deal while it lasts!

Hey Angus, I cant say enough about your customer support. I am going to check out a NSX in a week or two. Need to have one in the garage again. I will be ordering your kit asap once I find the right X. How far are you from Nor Cal? Just curious. :biggrin: Have a good one.

Will

P.S. I just noticed in your sig, you said you had a B2200 w/a V8 SC. R u serious. Man back in the day I had a B2200 all shaved up low as it should be, was ready to drop in a 13b but someone offered the right amount so I sold it. Yours must of been a beast. Sorry of topic, it just caught my attention.

Last edited:

Angus is the Bomb, He is installing my Double Din Nav unit and 440cc injectors and FIC on the side of the Road in Kelowna on the May long weekend.
He said he doesn't even use a computer to tune it, he'll use his old slide rule, well maybe the old Texas TI-88 he wears on his hip as well. I've seen him cheat.
Trev

I am wondering about the demand for a y- pipe that fits the 91-94 headers , to date I have only made them for the 95-99 and 00-05 headers since they use the much more reliable ball flanges . I would normally suggest an upgrade to the newer style headers , be it oem (used) or aftermarket , but in light of some recent inquies , I would like to see a show of hands on this topic , I MAY look into producing a y-pipe for these headers if the demand exists.

Thanks people
Wil

Are you doing the work yourself?

YES!

I am doing all the install work myself in my garage at home. I did get some help for the belt change as there are many tricks to do this that are not in the manual.

I have posted a few pictures and will start a thread next week about the full install- with detailed pictures. I have been taking my time and had a little down time because of FED EX loosing a box- they managed to salvage an exhaust pipe but Wil ended up having to make me another Meth tank!- BTW Wil took care of the lost box without question.

I have installed a couple of superchargers in my time and have a good set of tools- but I am a corporate lawyer by profession and far from a professional mechanic. The only part of this project that is not DIY is the final tuning of the computer- although its pretty easy to get it running.

I will be traveling this weekend but should almost be done with the install next week- I will start the thread when I get back.

Wil is a ready resource and gets back to me incredible fast- by phone or email with tips to make the install smoother.

I imagine that by following my install (and a couple of the other guys out there) it will be real easy to follow our footsteps - just takes a little patience.

Rich

Rich

Are you doing the work yourself?

ko-nsx, It's very easy to install will's turbo kit if you know how turbo system work. It should take about two days to install everything unless your car is 91-96 then it'll take a little bit longer cause to need to swap out the header. I'm in san antonio if you need help on the install or wanna check out his turbo kit, let me know

I would like to add that I can weld the newer style ball flanges on to your oem 91-94 exhaust manifolds , this I can do for NO CHARGE with purchase of a kit , OR , I can simply supply the flanges and you can have them welded on .

Back