• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

received my kit anyone have the tread to the build? this is my first install. I got the big parts all down just need to know some of the little ones and electrical.

I'll be sending you some instructions for the oil pan tapping and the oil pump wiring. Sorry it's been pretty crazy around here building lots of turbo kits and exhausts!

I messeged wil already just wondering if anyone has vids or diagrams of their install. I was about to install the turbo when I noticed I could put s baffle in the oil pan to help with oil issues so I had to tear everything apart again. Lol. Sucka move I know. This week tapping the oil pan and baffle then I'll be back at it. I need a little guidance any assistance will be appreciated

Have any of you thought about going with an oil-less turbo? That way you don't have to worry about scavenge pump, tapping the pump, etc.

Have any of you thought about going with an oil-less turbo? That way you don't have to worry about scavenge pump, tapping the pump, etc.

I haven't seen one on an NSX but it certainly is an option if someone wants an AP-X kit with one.

Finishing up when Will I think noticed my oil line was too low damn gotta buy a new pan so I don't have an ugly repaired one on. Thanks for answering my dumb ass questions.

Real rookie here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Finishing up when Will I think noticed my oil line was too low damn gotta buy a new pan so I don't have an ugly repaired one on. Thanks for answering my dumb ass questions.

Real rookie here

Also be sure that your donut gaskets are correct and installed in there. Why is there a mis-matched bolt there as well?

Also be sure that your donut gaskets are correct and installed in there. Why is there a mis-matched bolt there as well?
I was just placing them to see if it matched up. I'm ordering bolts with springs now and new oil pan. Haha.
Melts just say I'm a pro at replacing headers now. Smh

I was just placing them to see if it matched up. I'm ordering bolts with springs now and new oil pan. Haha.
Melts just say I'm a pro at replacing headers now. Smh

The bolts that you need are supplied with the kit. You cannot use spring bolts in that location, that is why the Y-pipe has flex pipes in it.

The bolts that you need are supplied with the kit. You cannot use spring bolts in that location, that is why the Y-pipe has flex pipes in it.
Are those the 2 silver 1 1/2 inch bolts? There wasn't 4 so I didn't know if they were for the exhaust.

Last edited:
The bolts were installed in the holes of the y-pipe when I shipped it. Please check the packaging.

Intercooler

Does anyone know if I'm supposed to remove this bracket or not. Maybe I'm missing something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 370

I tested an in house made system using a Comp Oiless Turbo for a year and a half on my NSX. It was a great turbo with zero issues. The only downside, which Comp has apparently fixed with a new design is the exhaust wheel was of an old P-Trim design with sub par responsiveness. To be fair the car had a 6262 with a 0.83AR housing, which is not the most responsive of turbo even in dual ball bearing format. [MENTION=16509]angus[/MENTION] - I would certainly entertain these turbo's. Very simple install given you don't have to worry about orientation or placement at all, they are however quite expensive.

Congrats! Would you mind letting us know what setup you went with and what you dyno at once its done? It looks great!
Will do. Wil told me to start it up and lightly drive it before tuning. But soon as I do I will get on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I use stock oil? Or mobil1 5w30

any advice is appreciated.

Yes, the car should be driven for some time without going into boost to test it out before you waste your time on the dyno.

After you drive it and the system goes through several heat cycles, go back and tighten any of the charge pipe connections and also at about 1000 miles.

I've had my APX turbo going on 5 years! Only issue was a bad maf sensor in the FIC which AEM diagnosed and replaced for free. The rest has been some
real glorious fun and head turning looks each and every time I go for a drive. Oh and that turbo whine..............

For anybody running the kit, make sure your tuner knows wft he is doing! At full boost between 7-8psi, your afr should absolutely be below 12 and above 11. Mines at 11.6.

After you drive it and the system goes through several heat cycles, go back and tighten any of the charge pipe connections and also at about 1000 miles.

I've had my APX turbo going on 5 years! Only issue was a bad maf sensor in the FIC which AEM diagnosed and replaced for free. The rest has been some
real glorious fun and head turning looks each and every time I go for a drive. Oh and that turbo whine..............

For anybody running the kit, make sure your tuner knows wft he is doing! At full boost between 7-8psi, your afr should absolutely be below 12 and above 11. Mines at 11.6.

Thanks for posting the kind words and good advice Brian!

Great to see you're still around and your car is working well!

For anyone interested in a kit, I am currently working on having kits in stock - ready to go!

Do the spring bolts leak boost? I've always wondered how they can possibly hold 1.5x back pressure to boost which is completely possible with a turbo car.

Back