• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

The spring bolts are not used, they are replaced with regular bolts which get securely torqued. This is the reason for the flex joints welded into the y-pipe.

The spring bolts are not used, they are replaced with regular bolts which get securely torqued. This is the reason for the flex joints welded into the y-pipe.

Ok, but that doesn't answer my question. If you did have the typical spring bolts in place, would they leak under boost?

Ok, but that doesn't answer my question. If you did have the typical spring bolts in place, would they leak under boost?

Sorry, I have never tried that - I have seen those spring bolts leak even on N/A cars so I would never try it, I'm certain they would leak. Are you thinking of trying it for some reason?

Hi, been lurking here for a few months, a couple of years ago my engine swallowed a VVIS screw so it required a complete rebuild of my 3.0 with 9.5:1 SOS pistons, and a sleeve on the fifth cylinder had to go in with a lot of internal goodies including a port and polish and 3 angle job. Now I had been thinking of getting 100-125 more HP. Can it be done without a intercooler or any need for new injectors and a AEM FIC with your basic kit???.... Here in Puerto Rico roads are just a nightmare so opportunities to go full boost are very rare and only for short distances. Also for somebody with above average mechanical skills and access to a lift how long will it take for DIY install... Finally are there any basemaps for such basic setup with an AEM FIC....

Hi, been lurking here for a few months, a couple of years ago my engine swallowed a VVIS screw so it required a complete rebuild of my 3.0 with 9.5:1 SOS pistons, and a sleeve on the fifth cylinder had to go in with a lot of internal goodies including a port and polish and 3 angle job. Now I had been thinking of getting 100-125 more HP. Can it be done without a intercooler or any need for new injectors and a AEM FIC with your basic kit???.... Here in Puerto Rico roads are just a nightmare so opportunities to go full boost are very rare and only for short distances. Also for somebody with above average mechanical skills and access to a lift how long will it take for DIY install... Finally are there any basemaps for such basic setup with an AEM FIC....

Hey man I tried this kit for my first time and put it all together using two jack stands and various power tools. With some help from angus and me being a compete novice I did it in about 10 hours off and on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you'd like more info, please feel free to pm or email me.

No, you use either your aftermarket or stock manifolds. I believe for 91-94 you need to get either newer or aftermarket manifolds.

What fuel pump do you recommend? Getting ready for my tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many choices depending on your HP level and other factors - for lower boost, the OEM supra MKIV pump is always a good choice.

There is a used kit up for grabs! PM me for info.

There will be one kit ready to go soon, pm if interested!

I've had my APX turbo for over two years and put roughly 5,000 miles on it. The turbo has performed flawlessly over that time and I couldn't be happier with it. My engine runs perfectly and there's been no change in oil consumption, compression tests, or leakdown tests since installation.

With meth, NA2 headers, and VVIS delete, she dynoed at 435 whp @ 9 psi on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. Based on his testing, my tuner said a Dynojet would have shown 475 whp at this power level. I keep the boost at 7 psi which should be roughly 400 whp.

Wil has been great to deal with and I highly recommend this kit to anyone considering FI.

Back