• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X OBDII resonated test pipes and Hi-Flow cats

Hi Angus,

I am shopping for either a Resonated Test Pipe or High Flow Cats for my 98 NSX..

I have Comptech Headers and GT One 5.1 Exhaust what size piping would you recommend?

Also can you PM with pricing delivered to 91748

The recommended size is 2 1/4" -

Hi Angus,

Can you send me price for RTP's for 97' NA2 on Pride V2 exhaust. I can pick up if you give me location.
thanks,

I have the resonated test pipes you sold me for my 00', and after drivin them for about a thousand miles or so I am not really satisfied with them (odd huffing noises, maybe coming apart inside?) so I will be taking them off, do you have any regular Testpipes ready to go for my 00'?

I have the resonated test pipes you sold me for my 00', and after drivin them for about a thousand miles or so I am not really satisfied with them (odd huffing noises, maybe coming apart inside?) so I will be taking them off, do you have any regular Testpipes ready to go for my 00'?

Uh.... thousand miles?? Don't freak me out here. I don't remember when I put mine in.

Yeah it's quite strange, I put my stock cats back on and the noise and huff goes away.
I verified several times that there were no signs of leaking, bad gaskets, loose connection etc..any ideas angus?

originally I was thinking the noise might be the rtp breaking-in, but as the miles kept rolling the noise only get progressively louder. Keep in mind my nsx has not been tracked, raced, and is NA, so any abusive wear is out of the question.

Last edited:
Yeah it's quite strange, I put my stock cats back on and the noise and huff goes away.
I verified several times that there were no signs of leaking, bad gaskets, loose connection etc..any ideas angus?

originally I was thinking the noise might be the rtp breaking-in, but as the miles kept rolling the noise only get progressively louder. Keep in mind my nsx has not been tracked, raced, and is NA, so any abusive wear is out of the question.

No worries, if you like I can repair or replace for you - I always stand behind my product.

Please call or message me.

I hope you mean 97 and up headers because the 95-96 still had the goofy old collectors.

I am thinking maybe you mean '95-up style aftermarket headers? In any case, the cats you need are the 95-99 style (if you are using 00-05 OEM headers, I have cats for them too)

Resonated test pipes in stock.

Angus,

Your product looks interesting.
I do have a few questions though.

Because of local law, I would probably need the best cleaning cats you have, which seem to be the 300 Cell Hi-Flow cats.
- Sinces these are ceramic instead of metallic, is there a difference in how long these cats will last? I've read on other after-market cats that they usually last only a couple of years compared to OEM cats which last much longer...
- My '98 NSX has Taitec headers, a '94 model Taitec GTLW, stock cats and the needed the adapter pipes to get the GTLW mounted. Do you have a model of cats which is compatabile with the Taitec headers and '94 model GTLW without needing the adapters?
- I also happen to have a Autorotor Comptech Supercharger (CTSC). Are your cats capable of handling the increased exhaust pressures etc. from the CTSC? Perhaps nice to know that I track my car serveral times a year at least and to about 9000 miles/year.
- Last, how much do your cats weigh. Would be nice to loose some weight while at the same time make the exhaust system a bit more free flowing :)

The cores I am using have been really reliable, I have had issues with others and these are doing well.

You will need the cats for 95-99 NSX, yes I make them, no adapters needed.

The cats have held up to other CTSC cars without issue.

They are a lot lighter than stock cats, I have not weighed them though.

I have a set of 95-99 RTP in stock right now!

i got my 100 cell angus hi-flow cats on my '95,and i'm very happy with them.the build quality is excellent,and they give a pleasant small extra roar on acceleration.i wasn't looking for more loudness,or i would have gotten rtp's.they give you a few extra horsepower due to the freer flow of air. they also eliminate one connection which could be a source of leaking air,straighten out a restrictive joint,and save some weight.

angus (wil) knows a lot about nsx's and their exhausts,and i learned a lot by asking the questions that i had. the availability of these products is a great service to the nsx community; you get something that i believe is better than the oem cats,and they're quite a bit less expensive. how many cars have people fabricating catalytic converters for them? (as an aside,a ferrari 360 owner reported on the second gen nsx forum that discounted cats cost over $9000 per side.i bet he wishes someone would start welding up some ferrari cats.)

highly recommended.

Last edited:
95-99 300 cell cats in stock now!

November Sale!

AP-X cats and test pipes are on sale this month - 15% off!

I think I read the RTP's don't cause a CEL. I wanted to verify this. I believe my '95 has o2 sensors pre and post cat. I'd have to imagine removing the cats would throw a code. Yes or no? I would love to make my comptech header/exhaust a bit more loud. Sounds stock cruising..

I think I read the RTP's don't cause a CEL. I wanted to verify this. I believe my '95 has o2 sensors pre and post cat. I'd have to imagine removing the cats would throw a code. Yes or no? I would love to make my comptech header/exhaust a bit more loud. Sounds stock cruising..

Yes you are 100% correct, My test pipes include the necessary J-pipes to ensure NO CEL.

Remember the test pipes are on sale till the end of the month!

Cats and test pipes for 95-99 OBDII cars are in production now!

PM for info!

One set of resonated test pipes ready to go! PM me if interested!

Currently I have one set of 95-99 ready to go! 00-05 are also in stock!

Back