• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are 02+ NSX's $100K Cars?

I sold my blk/blk 2005 in 2018 with 24k miles for $95k, had engine, suspension, exhaust, and interior mods. I think it was a pretty good price for it considering similar cars have been sitting on the market for months.

got into a nice 993, at a good price, so win win for me.

now back in the market for a white NSX if it ever comes up.

To add another data point, I sold my 2005 Silverstone with 17,xxx miles for $100,000 in May 2017. The buyer, New Milford Motors, has been trying to sell it ever since. Last I checked, I think he was asking $128,000.

Thank you for the sale data! I updated the table in my original post.

New Milford Motors is the dealer I mentioned who claims a sale of the Imola for $136,000. If this is true, it has certainly inspired them to hold out for as much as they can for the remaining stock. Their 4 02+ NSXs are all listed at over $100k.

Thank you for the sale data! I updated the table in my original post.

New Milford Motors is the dealer I mentioned who claims a sale of the Imola for $136,000. If this is true, it has certainly inspired them to hold out for as much as they can for the remaining stock. Their 4 02+ NSXs are all listed at over $100k.

That ‘05 silver has just been relisted for the 20th time in the past 16 months on flea bay at $128K. I still question his claim of 136k for an imola.

Hey guys, I haven’t been watching the NSX price market very long but I was curious what you guys thought a 2002 t-top, manual with 40k miles would go for?

well you go to page 1 and put your little mouse on the graph ....

Thanks docjohn, I did that but it seems higher than what I’m seeing myself. So I’d like some possible real world input from what you guys may be seeing.

racerXwing has used the actual selling price..he also has tracked the ask....

Update

Because of the renewed traffic in this thread, let's take a look at how this data has changed since July 2018. There are 9 new entries, including 1 just 2 days ago. The data suggests that the high end of the 2002+ market has been continuing to expand.

<google-sheets-html-origin style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: medium;">
YearMilesSale PriceColorDateLinksNotes
20059,200$128,800New Formula RedMar 2019https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/am19/amelia-island/lots/r0019-2005-acura-nsx/733245
200523,000$102,500Berlina BlackMar 2019
200332,440$125,000Long Beach BlueMay 2019https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Acura...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Reported "sold" but later relisted by the same dealer, so not included in data
200466,000$100,000Imola OrangeJan 2020https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-acura-nsx-6/Sale mentioned in comments, CT Supercharger
20048,898$162,400SilverstoneMar 2020https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/am20/amelia-island/lots/r0150-2004-acura-nsx-t/853060Current Highest Sale price for an 02+
20041,874$138,000SilverstoneApr 2020https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-acura-nsx-6/
20055,400$151,250Berlina BlackMay 2020https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0120/driving-into-summer/lots/r0155-2005-acura-nsx-t/895273Dealer installed CT supercharger package, the same NSX that sold for $144,100 in Sept 2016
20028800$115,000SilverstoneMay 2020See Post #111
200415,044$139,998Imola OrangeJun 2020https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Acura...ash=item42197e31f3:g:-HMAAOSwryVez2ky&vxp=mtr

<tbody>
</tbody>
</google-sheets-html-origin>

Last edited:
Hey guys, I haven’t been watching the NSX price market very long but I was curious what you guys thought a 2002 t-top, manual with 40k miles would go for?

To answer your question, I would expect a nominal value of about $78k to $82k, based on 18 examples that have sold since the beginning of 2018. Shift the range higher if it is a desirable color like Imola Orange or GPW.

thanks again

[MENTION=32200]RacerXwing[/MENTION] i've already thanked you but i'll thank you again and add my data here...

last month I purchased a 2002 silverstone/onyx manual transmission with 8800 miles for $115k. the car is unmodified and pretty close to perfect with service history and all original vin decals in place.... no evidence of paintwork of any kind. I thought it was a pretty good deal and got no pushback on a declared replacement value of $125k from my insurer. googling the vin I see it was last listed and sold on NSXPrime in 2015 with 7500 miles..... the asking price at that time was $104k.

question: the $162k Sotheby car certainly seems like an outlier on the very high end of the range. any thoughts on that one?

Thanks for the data point [MENTION=36954]CASCADE1[/MENTION]! I've added your sale to my post above as well as to the database. I always appreciate more data, thank you. Congrats on the NSX, many Silverstones have changed hands lately.

The $162k car seems high in the context of the following sale of another Silverstone with only 1800 miles, arguably in better condition, for only $138,000 on BringaTrailer. I can't attribute anything to either sale strength beyond the fluctuating tides of auctions.

don't get me wrong, Im a sucker for the GEN1 NSX as Ive had three of them the last 17 years......But, hell no would I buy one for more money than I can get a low mile GEN2 these days.....I get the nostalgia and all that, but there is no comparison in performance and technology and I hate to say it but looks too

this 11K mile 2017 at $109K is less than many gen1 asking prices on autotrader right now.....btw, there is a red 93 Type R on there right now for $300K

5f1cec5acf3d4d60bf1d19c3b617bc3b.jpg

35f5f8287fd64503aa170f3460e61885.jpg

or this silver one for same price with 36K miles...silver looks amazing on this car

46aadd7888024101abae99f73b0213cf.jpg

Last edited:
RacerXwing

Thanks for putting these numbers together, amazing to see how the NSX market is trending. Are you only tracking prices of 2002-2005.

I’ve been looking for an NA2 cars and am thinking of getting a 2001/2000 because I’m partial to do the pop up headlights. Looking at a 2001 Targa manual with 40k miles. What’s a fair price.

The $162k car seems high in the context of the following sale of another Silverstone with only 1800 miles, arguably in better condition, for only $138,000 on BringaTrailer. I can't attribute anything to either sale strength beyond the fluctuating tides of auctions.

I hadn't thought about this until recently, but I'm super curious as to whether or not you guys have thoughts on the strengths of different platforms. I assume @SterlingSackey has also been paying attention, but have you guys found platforms like Sothesbys / Barrett / eBay / BaT to have significantly stronger sale prices than one another? I've always noted that eBay seems to run weaker than BaT - and I haven't put much thought of either relative to manheim when it comes to specialty cars, although I noticed that specialty vehicles used to slip through the cracks at manheim auctions. Looking at that comparison between the Silverstones, it's pretty wild to see such a large price gap in favor of the higher mileage car. I know wealthy guys who get drunk and bid at the in person auctions, but I have no idea about the online ones, especially given the lack of an auctioneer.

Good question Zaiku, I actually track this in my NSX Valuation Document linked in my signature in section 1e, by comparing the average strength of a sale at different venues as compared to the nominal value. Below is the current results, which includes both the $ paid by buyer, with buyer's fee; and the $ received by seller, without buyer's fee. The venues compared are Private sales, Auction (Barrett, Sotheby's, Mecum, etc), BaT, and eBay. I don't have access to any Manheim data, unfortunately.

PrivateAuctionBaTeBay
$ Paid by Buyer (w/ Buyer's Fee) v Nominal Value+3.7%+2.9%+6.6%~0.0%
$ Received by Seller (w/out Buyer's Fee)+3.7%-7.4%~0.0%~0.0%
# of NSXs Sold1355183163

<tbody>
</tbody>
As you mention, you are right on the money about eBay tending to result in weaker sales than other venues; there is no statistical difference between and eBay sale and the nominal value.

Auctions tend to result in much lower $ received by the seller once the buyer's fee is removed from the sale price.

BaT shows a significant increase in $ paid by buyer when compared to the other venues, but the $ received by the seller is not statistically significantly different than the nominal value.

This NSX here is perhaps the most notable case of "auction drunk bidding", hammering for $99,000 after buyer's fee, 69.2% above its nominal value.
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2001-ACURA-NSX-T-VIN-00001-224618

Last edited:
Good question Zaiku, I actually track this in my NSX Valuation Document linked in my signature in section 1e, by comparing the average strength of a sale at different venues as compared to the nominal value. Below is the current results, which includes both the $ paid by buyer, with buyer's fee; and the $ received by seller, without buyer's fee. The venues compared are Private sales, Auction (Barrett, Sotheby's, Mecum, etc), BaT, and eBay. I don't have access to any Manheim data, unfortunately.

PrivateAuctionBaTeBay
$ Paid by Buyer (w/ Buyer's Fee) v Nominal Value+3.7%+2.9%+6.6%~0.0%
$ Received by Seller (w/out Buyer's Fee)+3.7%-7.4%~0.0%~0.0%
# of NSXs Sold1355183163

<tbody>
</tbody>
As you mention, you are right on the money about eBay tending to result in weaker sales than other venues; there is no statistical difference between and eBay sale and the nominal value.

Auctions tend to result in much lower $ received by the seller once the buyer's fee is removed from the sale price.

BaT shows a significant increase in $ paid by buyer when compared to the other venues, but the $ received by the seller is not statistically significantly different than the nominal value.

This NSX here is perhaps the most notable case of "auction drunk bidding", hammering for $99,000 after buyer's fee, 69.2% above its nominal value.
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2001-ACURA-NSX-T-VIN-00001-224618

Haha, someone took it in the shorts on that one if that actually sold at that price?!!!

But it is suspicious because that car is currently for sale on Autotrader at a Ford dealer with a $65,000 asking price.....and some hideous new wheels. Been sitting there quite some time also...

Too bad it's an automatic or I'd be on a plane to Dallas right now

Like I said , I'm a HUGE fan of the original, but some of these asking prices just don't meet the value of the actual car these days when you look around at what is on the market these days for $60k on up. Unless you are just buying one for a collection with super low miles and just plan on not driving it much, but there is no fun in that for most people.
From a low mile R8 to a new C8 to a F430 to a Cayman GT4....it would be hard to justify a NA2 for that same price range for bang for your buck imo...the ones that are priced right sell....the ones with $60k+ asking prices seem to sit on most sites for quite some time

Last edited:
Back