• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are my seats stock?

Seats are stock, but the color combo is not. Someone probably had the lateral bolsters reuphosltered the lighter color.

mbartlett4 said:
With at least one exception. The 2003 blue has 2-tone seats.

I don't think so. 2002-2003 blue can have either all blue, all camel, or all onyx seats. The all blue seats are just like the all yellow seats you have in your 2003.

JIMSBLACK92 said:
Thanks
I meant to ask: are they stock or optional colors
The gray is not a factory color... although I haven't seen the silver interior that became available in 2002 on the Silverstone Silver cars, and it might be similar in color. Or not.

The interior colors that have been available are various shades of black/onyx (all years), of tan/camel ('94-03), ivory ('91-93), and beginning in '02, various interior colors (red, blue, silver, orange, yellow, white) to match the exterior.

nsxtasy said:
The gray is not a factory color... although I haven't seen the silver interior that became available in 2002 on the Silverstone Silver cars, and it might be similar in color. Or not.

The Silver interior looks fairly dark compared to the ones shown above. It looks REALLY, REALLY, REALLY nice. :cool: I think they should offer it in other colored cars... like they do with Black and Camel colored interiors.

Nimbus said:
I don't think so. 2002-2003 blue can have either all blue, all camel, or all onyx seats. The all blue seats are just like the all yellow seats you have in your 2003.
The door panels are two-toned but not the seats. The middle part of the seats are perforated.

My intent all along has been to reverse all of the sloppy, poor workanship, lack of proper maintenance, etc. that this car has suffered prior to my ownership.
I thought I cured my indecisiveness on correcting the seats back to black, but now I'm not so sure.
Thanks all for the input!
Jim

Jim,

Another way you may want to approach this color issue is to wait a few years until the grey portion of the leather wears out. I can assure you those sections of the seat are the sections that wear out the fastest.

When the leather begins to look shabby, just have those pieces replaced with black ones.

Hi Jim - off topic, but I work just down the way from you, in Scotts Valley - I drive a red/black top. (Maybe you've seen it?)
Did we exchange e-mails maybe a long while back?
(Whisper! - the Ben Lomond in your id appears to be mis-spelled!)

For those of us that have a worn driver's side bolster and don't want to get the whole seats recovered, how difficult is it to get just the bolsters reupholstered? How can you do it without creating a mismatch in color? Where can you buy the factory leather? Thanks.

I also think you should keep the two-tone...kinda sets yours apart a little...just my opinion:cool:

nsxtasy said:
You can buy the individual pieces from your dealer, according to previous posts.
do you get the leather and the sponge/lining or is it just the leather.the top of my seats are out of shape due to past owners getting out of the car incorrectly,so i could do with some new lining.

NoSeX4U said:
I also think you should keep the two-tone...kinda sets yours apart a little...
Painting big pink polka dots all over your car's body would set it apart a little, too, but that doesn't mean it's tasteful...

Hey Ken go easy on the two tone guys!:D

Back