• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are there any other dudes out there that love cats?

You should get soft paws. They are little covers that go on the nails and they naturally drop off in a month or two. No nail cutting necessary as many cats hate that. I don't have a cat anymore but it used to work great.

Talia wouldn't let me put them on if I got them. She's not one to be picked up or sit still. Thank you for the suggestion, though. :smile:

A few newer photos of my Bengal girl, Talia. She's kneading and sucking on my nighty. Ow!

It's the only time she wants to be on my lap. I put the towel between my leg and the nighty to protect my skin a bit. She's almost one year-old here, taken on 8-29-2014 with her birthday on 9-13-2014.

^Look at those claws!

^She leaves a wet spot from her sucking on the material.

^I've been told that this is the Bengal blissful look.

^All done for now.

good looking cat!

^Thank you for saying so. I agree. I never can get enough looking at her because she's unusual to my eyes. I love all my puddy cats. I'm looking forward to seeing the kittens you got.

Mabel (l) and Mickey are litter mates who rescued us ~3 weeks ago. they are Maine Coon mixes and are 4 1/5 months old.

they came to live with us after our female Maine mix, Cherry, succumbed to an aggressive cancer and we felt our surviving
cat needed feline companionship. (pic of Cherry and I)

047b03782b37b247a163f7baad15eacb.jpg

07f182b373f29512ce4009619e7208e0.jpg

They are SO cute!! I especially like the colors on Mabel. Please post more photos of them in the future.

thx very much, patty :)

we went to meet Mabel but when Joanne saw how close / dependent on Mickey she seemed to be, she said, "we can't separate them, we need to take them both." alrighty then.

Mabel's coat is **beautiful** under her tummy ... a lot like the bengal pics i'm seeing here.

they've been living in our guest suite area for the past 2.5 weeks and exploring through the back half of the house while Calvin looks in through the glass kitchen door. we're hoping they'll meet sometime later this week ... we'd like our house back.

Ive had my Bengal Nikko since Dec of 2004. His littermate Nissa died in 08. Nikko LOVES TO PLAY. I can pick him up but after 10 seconds he fights to get down. I've let Nikko outside a few times will I was with him but he's extremely fast and I dont want to risk him running off. EVO food products and he get wet food on Wednesday ( which we throw him a 10 min party!!), he gets dry the rest of the week. He's not declawed and the breeder asked me not to get them declawed when I got them. I find them to be loving and curious and rather loud! E have regular conversations. He eats when we eat and mostly sleeps when we sleep. He has a perch in one window and loves the sun. In thinking of getting him a playmate but I'm afraid y won't get along. Him and his sister didn't have the rosettes the way the breeder wanted and I got them at a discount. She breeds savannahs but they were too big.

b61a68f594ce5b7cd8ed2e10444c0ef1.jpg

Ive had my Bengal Nikko since Dec of 2004. His littermate Nissa died in 08. Nikko LOVES TO PLAY. I can pick him up but after 10 seconds he fights to get down. I've let Nikko outside a few times will I was with him but he's extremely fast and I dont want to risk him running off. EVO food products and he get wet food on Wednesday ( which we throw him a 10 min party!!), he gets dry the rest of the week. He's not declawed and the breeder asked me not to get them declawed when I got them. I find them to be loving and curious and rather loud! E have regular conversations. He eats when we eat and mostly sleeps when we sleep. He has a perch in one window and loves the sun. In thinking of getting him a playmate but I'm afraid y won't get along. Him and his sister didn't have the rosettes the way the breeder wanted and I got them at a discount. She breeds savannahs but they were too big.

b61a68f594ce5b7cd8ed2e10444c0ef1.jpg

I look forward to getting my bengal soon. I really want a savannah but I kept seeing insane prices for them. I wanted a big cat.

Yeah I wanted one 2 but the breeder said that it might not be happy indoors. I was quoted 5k for one. She had 2 in the car when she delivered my 2.

Nikko's toy of I ochoice,he destroys them monthly!!! View attachment 116396

If that's a mouse on the end I recently bought the same toy at a cat show. Talia loves it! My Siamese was trying to get it out of the package before I had a chance. The Bengal is lightning quick, especially compared to the Siamese.

Kyras, nikko had blooded me as I was trying to pick the thing up to pkay with him!! Lightning fast and will bring it to me if I sit long enough.

Ko-nsx, I realized right away that the wire is way too short to use with a lightning fast Bengal. She will easily nail me if I'm not super careful.

How about we see more Bengal cat photos here and bump this thread! Thinking of getting my guy a playmate sometime here to keep him exercised and on his toes, and I've always wanted a Bengal. Saw a post above about a Bengal not liking to be picked up - anyone know if that's a general trait about Bengals or cat-specific? My little dude is a 16 year old imola cat (orange short hair) and completely digs jumping on me or people when I'm on the couch and parking himself on my stomach and going to sleep, it's pretty cool to have a cat that is so friendly to people. I'd look to gain that similar thing with any new one. I noticed my guy was pretty friendly and approachable as a kitten and I remember reading that a cat's personality is pretty much set at 6-8 weeks, so I plan to use that as a gage before picking any one out...curious to hear whether Bengals have any typical personality traits or not, regarding interaction.

Yea that quote sounds familiar. I'm just waiting on my breeder for my bengal.

Get it yet? Pictures??

How about we see more Bengal cat photos here and bump this thread! Thinking of getting my guy a playmate sometime here to keep him exercised and on his toes, and I've always wanted a Bengal. Saw a post above about a Bengal not liking to be picked up - anyone know if that's a general trait about Bengals or cat-specific? My little dude is a 16 year old imola cat (orange short hair) and completely digs jumping on me or people when I'm on the couch and parking himself on my stomach and going to sleep, it's pretty cool to have a cat that is so friendly to people. I'd look to gain that similar thing with any new one. I noticed my guy was pretty friendly and approachable as a kitten and I remember reading that a cat's personality is pretty much set at 6-8 weeks, so I plan to use that as a gage before picking any one out...curious to hear whether Bengals have any typical personality traits or not, regarding interaction.

Get it yet? Pictures??

You asked for it! :biggrin:

^April 9, 2015. Talia just sitting in her office chair.

Here is a series of ten photos, kinda blurry, that I took over 1 minute on April 10, 2015. Talia feels that new bathroom carpets MUST DIE! Everytime I get a new one from Costco, she has to kill it, over and over, before it's allowed to stay where I put it. The ones I have in my bathroom were killed and dragged into the closet. The one at my kitchen sink was killed and dragged away. The one in these photos was to go under the cat box, but before I was done sweeping up cat litter, she had dragged it off and gave it a proper killing. She's so entertaining! She's also getting more affectionate as she gets older. She was born on Sept. 13, 2013 so she's about a year and a half old. She's starting to sleep on the bed with me sometimes where she never used to.

^It's a dead carpet. I was allowed to take it away.

Back