• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Arizona Holiday Party - December 13th

Sandra and I just wanted to say thanks for all the fun. Flying down the freeways and hearing some of you guys, you know who, hitting the throttle under the bridges was bad ass. Sandra now wants me to pick up an exhaust asap. Thanks phoen$x for letting us follow you so we did not get lost. Meeting more NSXr's was great and we look forward to making the trip up the Phoenix for the next get together soon.

Nik

Here's my twin ;) with HID's lighting up our front wheels.

fa483b71.jpg

- Hey Brian, about time you got on Prime!!! I have only been bitchin at you about it for a few months =)

.... This last weekend was such a blast, our group really is a great bunch! We are very lucky that we can get together and have these fun events... I cant wait till we all meet up again!

oh and BTW... I think we should organize a group drive/activity near the Tucson area in the next month or two...That was we can go visit our AWESOME Tucson friends in their neck of the woods!

Take care everyone!
-Seth

Go AZ for NSXPO 05'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I had to jet early, kinda had a family emergency, it was nice talking to people for the short time I was there though. I wish I could have gone to the Pavilions and carting, but maybe next time. (That picture of Kelvin in the racing suit is hilarious :D :D :D)

Lookin forward to the next event, and NSXPO 2005 in Phoenix sounds like a great idea!.

NO TKTS said:
I will have great memories of this night and look forward to seeing all of you again in the near future.
Hi Ron, glad you made it home ok! It was nice having you at our table and talking to you. We'll see you again when you return to town. :)
blackcat said:
just testing
Welcome aboard, Brian! About time you got with the program. ;)
nik3sgte said:
Here's my twin ;) with HID's lighting up our front wheels.
Great pic, Nik! My photos didn't turn out so good, unfortunately. We'll just have to do it again!
Seth@SoS said:
This last weekend was such a blast, our group really is a great bunch! We are very lucky that we can get together and have these fun events... I cant wait till we all meet up again!

oh and BTW... I think we should organize a group drive/activity near the Tucson area in the next month or two...That was we can go visit our AWESOME Tucson friends in their neck of the woods!
I agree, we have an awesome group of NSXers.

I've been wanting to go back to Tucson to visit my alma mater for some time now. We'll have to see if we can make a trip out of it. Can you imagine the college students' reactions to a caravan of NSXs driving through the university!

sounds like fun... I drive by ASU (since I live only a couple of miles away) every now and then... The TUBI sounds even better in a crowd...:D

PHOEN$X said:
I've been wanting to go back to Tucson to visit my alma mater for some time now. We'll have to see if we can make a trip out of it. Can you imagine the college students' reactions to a caravan of NSXs driving through the university!

WhooHoo!!! Go WILDCATS!!! :D

wilbur-wilma.jpg

TucAZNSX said:
For a future drive (Summer Time) I think this drive would be lots of fun!
Quote:
But be warned. For your passengers, it's also one of the best reasons to have a barf bag on board. This road twists. It turns. Actually, there are more than 500 separate curves between Morenci and Springerville, enough to make even the most stolid back-seat passenger moan, "Are we there yet?"

Awesome! Lon, can we bring Cathy(sp)? :D

Quote:
For drivers of sports cars or motorcycles, Coronado Trail's a romp. For drivers of campers or motor homes, somewhat less so. The road may be steep and twisting, but the surface is smooth and well-maintained.

Not sure about the "steep" part, but "twisting" sounds good. :)

Other ideas: I asked Chris to check with the S2k club to see if they're doing anything interesting. Also, perhaps we ought to consider getting cheap FRS radios for our drives, rather than going through the hassle of renting NSX club radios each time. Personally I would like to buy an NSX club radio sometime in the future (when I can pick one up at a good price), but for now I think FRS radios are just more convenient (plus the S2k club uses them). On our previous drives, only Paul Dalton had his own NSX club radio I believe (sorry Paul!). Let me know what you guys think.

The radio idea sounds fine to me, otherwise let me know if you want to rent them because there is a Creative Communications here in Tucson also. We also might be able to sneak some from work depending on how many people we end up with.

I did some thinking on a good drive. I personally have never done this, but maybe I will while my parents are in town. Drive from Tucson to Tubac. Do some shopping in the little shops there. Go from Tubac through Nogales to get to Patagonia. Spend some time in Patagonia and then drive to Sonoita. Eat lunch in Sonoita and then drive back to Tucson. It is about 150 miles total. I have heard that it is very scenic and has some twisties from Sonoita up to I-10. :D

Anyways, let me know if you have any better ideas.

Thanks

TucAZNSX said:
Drive from Tucson to Tubac. Do some shopping in the little shops there. Go from Tubac through Nogales to get to Patagonia. Spend some time in Patagonia and then drive to Sonoita. Eat lunch in Sonoita and then drive back to Tucson. It is about 150 miles total. I have heard that it is very scenic and has some twisties from Sonoita up to I-10. :D
Is that a one-day trip then? That's not too bad, I guess.

Have you been to Benson/Bisbee? I drove there once, a long time ago, and thought there were some interesting roads. But then again, I was a kid back then so my perception might've been really distorted.

Having to make the drive to Nogales 4 days a week for 3 years I know it very well. It is hardly what I would consider a great drive. It is basically a straight shot down I-19 for 60 miles. What always comes to mind as an ideal drive in the Tucson area is the trek over Gates Pass, which in my opinion is the most incredible part of Tucson. The road has a great number of twisties as you ascend the mountain and when you reach the summit the view is breathtaking. Once you get to Kinney Road the Sonoran Desert Museum is just a couple miles away and if you continue on the Picture Rocks area is quite nice as well. Or if you go the other way and head down 86 about 30 miles you can head up to Kitt Peak observatory which is a nice mountain drive that takes you up a good way but doesn't require the lengthy trek that going up Mount Lemmon does. I believe there is another observatory on Mount Whitney if you really want to head south.

Back