• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ark DT-X installation

Hey guys/gals quick question. I'm getting my exhaust on Monday and will probably be looking to get it installed on Tuesday! :biggrin: Any suggestions on a local shop to do the install? I'd like to stay in the Santa Clarita or San Fernando Valleys.

Thanks

What

are you serious:eek: ? that was the most fun i ever had installing my ark exhuast:wink: ...your really going to let some shop have all the fun :confused: :eek: and pay them to do it:frown: ...sheeeessh what is the world coming to:biggrin:

Re: What

btcog82 said:
are you serious:eek: ? that was the most fun i ever had installing my ark exhuast:wink: ...your really going to let some shop have all the fun :confused: :eek: and pay them to do it:frown: ...sheeeessh what is the world coming to:biggrin:

Seriously! I did mine as soon as it got here basically... backed the car up on ramps; 45mins later drove it down with a new exhaust on. Everything bolted up exactly where it was supposed to with NO struggeling or modifying what-so-ever. If you were near me I'd do it for dinner haha (will work for food :redface: ). Something this easy isn't worth taking to a 'mechanic' :wink:

Re: What

btcog82 said:

I'd have to agree with you, sergeant, but I have to admit the first time I tried to remove the stock exhaust, I couldn't do it. Ten years of rust and heat and the friggin' thing was frozen, no matter how much liquid wrench I used. I ended up taking it in, and it took two guys from a racing fabrication shop a bit of time to change out.

Three months later when I had to remove the new exhaust to fix a flange leak, it was a walk in the park... had the thing off in less than 10 minutes, another 3 hours to dremel the relief for the flanges, and 10 minutes to reinstall. Tons of fun when things go right!:biggrin:

Rather you guys convinced me or shamed me into it, my neighbor and I did the exhaust ourselves last night. Took just over two hours (shouldn't have taken that long I know).:rolleyes: Anyway, it's on and looks and sounds great.:smile:

Attachments

• stainless01.JPG
    stainless01.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 193
  • stainless02.JPG
    stainless02.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 156
  • stainless rear.JPG
    stainless rear.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 273
  • stainless04.JPG
    stainless04.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 157
  • stainless05.JPG
    stainless05.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 219
NSXB said:
Rather you guys convinced me or shamed me into it, my neighbor and I did the exhaust ourselves last night. Took just over two hours (shouldn't have taken that long I know).:rolleyes: Anyway, it's on and looks and sounds great.:smile:
The tips on the drivers side look a bit crooked (as if the far driver's side is lower than the inside drivers side). Is that a function of the angle of the pictures?

Da Hapa said:
The tips on the drivers side look a bit crooked (as if the far driver's side is lower than the inside drivers side). Is that a function of the angle of the pictures?

Ya know what, it is a little lower. It's off by such a small amount I had to go back out and look at it. We never noticed it during installation. It's hardly noticeable and well within the level of acceptability as far as I'm concerned...but thanks for mentioning it.

The sound is sweet. It's got a really cool rumble at idle and reduced speeds. I love just cruising the neighborhood before heading into the garage just so that I can hear it at that speed. With the top off you can't hear the exhaust above about 65mph. So I had my neighbor who helped me install it drive past me at speed. I'm happy with the sound. Definitely louder than stock and you'll notice the difference the second you start it for the first time. To give you an idea of what it sounds like. Imagine a trumpet player blowing into a trupmpet and opening and closing all three valves rhythmical really really fast. That's the best I can describe it. I hope that gives you some idea of what to expect. Enjoy the exhaust.

I installed my ARK-X exhaust this past weekend

I sprayed the 6 bolts with WD-40 an hour before I was going to do the install. All I needed was a 6 sided 14 mm socket with a couple of extensions to do this all by hand. Install took a little over an hour doing all of it myself. Since the ARK-DT-X is lighter than the OEM I was removing, it was easy getting it up into place and bolting it on.

The fit and finish and workmanship of this exhaust is just superb. It bolted on exactly as it was supposed to. Having read NSXB's comments on how the tips were not level on his install, I was very carefull to insure that the rubber hangars on both the exhaust and on the car were fully seated. As you can see below my tips came out exactly even. I even took a tape measure to check floor to tips on both right and left and they were the same.

I used to have a RM exhaust that was too loud for my zero lot line neighborhood. This is louder than the stock OEM exhaust but not too loud and perfect as my 92 daily driver.

I would highly recommend this ARK-DT-X to anyone looking for a quad tip exhaust.

6678Exhaust_005_sm-med.jpg

6678Exhaust_006_sm-thumb.jpg

6678Exhaust_009sm-thumb.jpg

6678Exhaust_010sm-thumb.jpg

looks great guys! :smile:

Mine is a 3.2 and I know why you're asking; I've sent you a PM.

got any audio or video?

Besides using WD-40 or Mouse milk prior to removing the old exhaust, I forgot to mention one other more important tip when installing the new exhaust.

I learned this the hard way when I first changed my OEM to my old RM exhaust. DO NOT hang the exhaust from the rubber hangers prior to installing all 6 bolts. Hanging it from the rubber hangars makes it very difficult to start the bolts due to the odd angles. It's ok to put the rubber hangars on the exhaust, then start all the bolts, then attach the other end of the hangars to the car.

I hope this helps the next person who does their exhaust.

GOOD JOB! i think that is perfect!.... :wink: where did u get that FROM?

You can purchase the exhaust from Ark directly, or call Chris at Science of Speed.

YES... We're having limited quantity coming soon end of month( ETA), and it is little more updated modification with ark logo. It have press logo on muffler canister. It does not help on hp, but it does help on appearance. lolz :biggrin: ( Extra $50hp)

You can reserve your system from SOS or ARK . and we both don't negotiate price, but you get what you pay for. :wink: The last unit sold out in 3days, so better hurry ~ We have special free shipping offer...

Thanks

DaveG said:
The ARK logo was tack welded onto the outside of both outer pipes on my DT-X. Upside down. Yes, seriously.

DaveG

??? Are you sure? :eek: do you have picture?

Thanks

Installed mine, will post some pics, but it looks like the others pretty much!
Nice deep sound, 20lb weight saving over the stock exhaust
And my ARK logos/plates are welded in the correct position!!!

Back