• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ark DT-X installation

I'm at Autowave right now. The exhaust is on the car, but the pipes are touching the valance and will definitely melt it. They will need to adjust the hangar brackets. PITA!

I'll post pictures of the upside down logos later.

DaveG

i just wrote a feedback on the DT-X and Version 1.
Here

So DaveG is the exhaust finally installed?

The exhaust is finally installed. Everyone's review of the sound is pretty accurate from what I can tell. I'll get someone to drive the car for me this weekend so I can stand outside and listen to it. From inside the car, it's pretty calm - which is a good thing.

Hangar brackets had to be bent to keep the tips from rubbing against the valance. Did I mention the logo is upside down on the tips?

DaveG

My new DT-X exhaust finally arrvied, to my surprise opened the box and found a few small dents, scuffs, and lines (maybe cracks?) on the cansiter. I bought version 1 and didn't have any problems. Trying to work this out with Ark before I try to install the exhaust. :frown:

Well some good news from Ark, what appears to be cracks are just the cap end welds polished out of the cansiter itself. Don't know why mine has small dents on it, but the shipped box was in good shape no signs of abuse during shipping. I'm pretty sure the 'dents' were done before packaging... now on to the installation... finally... :wink:

DaveG said:
I'm at Autowave right now. The exhaust is on the car, but the pipes are touching the valance and will definitely melt it. They will need to adjust the hangar brackets. PITA!

I'll post pictures of the upside down logos later.

DaveG

I'm having the same problem with mine as well!!!! :mad: My previous exhuast Dali SS and OEM fittment was perfect with my Comptech headers and ext pipes for my 91... going to my local exhaust shop to see if they can get a better fitment? DaveG did you resolve you fit problem? Mine is skewed to drivers side from rear, with the exhaust rubber hangers adjusted as best we can I couldn't even get it to clear the valence, looks like we'll have to bend the rear hangers up... is yours the same? From what I've learned I have the newest version with the ARK logo rasied lettering imprinted on the canister.

I can't believe this is happening to me... first dents, and now this...:frown: I tried calling Ark but Ted wasn't avail to speak to, hopefully he calls back?

DaveG said:
Yes, I originally had fitment issues also. The tips were rubbing against the valance until the guys at Autowave bent them into shape.

DaveG

Dave did they bend the tips or the hangers? Or a combination of both? I took my car into my exhaust shop on Mon and they wound up bending the rear, and one front hanger(s) upwards and out, driverside is good now, but tips still rubbed the valence on the passenger side. I woundn't let them bend the tips or pipes, or touch the canister that would void my waranty.

My exhaust shop rigged the exhaust with an exhaust hanger welded to one front hanger, and bolted to my sway bar bushing bolt to help hold it in place. Amazing the things you think of when you've been working on exhausts for years! So now no rubbing, or melting, or at least temporarily so I can drive the car with an exhaust still on as I have nothing else to put on at the moment. Driving with no exhaust isn't an option. The tips on driverside still stick out 1/2 inch more than the passenger side allthough the exhaust now sits straight under the car.

Ted did call me back after my last post, and I'll have to call them back today with my final findings. I didn't have my camera with me when I went to the exhaust shop otherwise I'd have some photos to share. I'll have to break the camera out tomorrow and get some pics.

Well... I told since your start about your claim issue. Far as dents we already sent amount of money that you ask us pay you reinbursement after 12hrs with your agreement. And second issue about fitting, I told you to return product, so we can replace item for you. but you said you don't wont it because it is hard to shipping back international. And I was expecting some pictures from you today with installation... which I havent got one.

And you're posting thread to share your experience with ARK. which is good. but you also hurting our company reptation which is bad for us. We're trying to support all ARK product purchased members, And also I call you back after I hang out with another phone line ( 5min). NOT after I saw your post.

I have pictures that you sent me before your installation.... and which you did complaints us about.

Dent (?)
canada.JPG

Welding
canada1.JPG

And picture below shown, our own installation with actuall product that we did installation... it went smooth with installation with no fitting issue( NSXPrime member NSX).
Here is pictures...

Picture_057_Custom_.jpg

Picture_055_Custom_.jpg

Picture_053_Custom_.jpg

Picture_054_Custom_.jpg

Sorry - I should have been more specific. The hangar brackets are what were bent into shape to clear the valance, not the tips. My car is a 99' and as such needed the extension pipe rather than the direct bolt-on like yours. Not an issue, just pointing out that our installations are not identical.

And the ARK logos on my tips are still upside down.

DaveG

DaveG said:
Sorry - I should have been more specific. The hangar brackets are what were bent into shape to clear the valance, not the tips. My car is a 99' and as such needed the extension pipe rather than the direct bolt-on like yours. Not an issue, just pointing out that our installations are not identical.

And the ARK logos on my tips are still upside down.

DaveG

Thanks Dave, mine is a 91... with New Comtech headers so I do have the extension pipes as well... so its almost similar bending of the exhaust hangers mine still skewed working with Ted from Ark to resolve issues with mine...
Thanks,

Just got my DT-X for my 00 NSX-T. The guys at SOS and ARK have been great. I installed the exhaust lastnight by myself. The exhaust looks and sounds great. Only issue is the passenger side is rubbing the rear valence. I plan to play around with the hangers like DaveG had to do. The driver side looks perfect. I will post pics and let you guys know how things work out.
Ray

Ok, instead of bending the hangers, I just went out an purchased some longer rubber holders at autozone. The passenger side tips hang perfectly now. The driver side tips seem to stick out a little further but not much. The outside tip on the passenger side IS lower than the inside tip. I have read where some of you have had the same issue. I have pics, I will post them later. I drove the car and I think the sound is great. Not louder, just deeper. Even at idle. The uneven tips on the passenger side is a little upsetting, but I will se what happens. For the money, you should get a level exhaust IMO.

Back