• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"As seen on TV": Tornado fuel saver??

Re: Tornado Fuel Saver KI-65 4Runner Tested!

Don't waste your money.

http://www.wcpo.com/external/dwym/c3b519.html

TORNADO FUEL SAVER
Reported and Web Produced by: John Matarese
Updated: 05/08/03 11:09:12

MANY OF US THESE DAYS ARE DRIVING PICKUPS AND SUV'S THAT GET ONLY 15 OR 17 MILES A GALLON.

SO YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN A LITTLE GADGET THAT COULD BUMP UP YOUR GAS MILEAGE BY 20 PERCENT OR MORE.

"Presenting the amazing Tornado Fuel Saver, designed for better gas mileage..."

ITS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR INFORMERCIALS: THIS AD FOR THE TORNADO FUEL SAVER.

THIS 69 DOLLAR GADGET IS ONE OF SEVERAL DEVICES THAT PROMISE TO BOOST YOUR CAR'S GAS MILEAGE.

ERIC BERENS COULDN'T RESIST.

"I was skeptical...but I thought if I can get 10% plus a few miles more, it'll be worth the price."

THE FUEL SAVER CLAIMS IT CAN BOOST MILEAGE UP TO 24 PERCENT --- SAVING 40 TO 60 DOLLARS A MONTH.

HOW? BY SWIRLING THE AIR, JUST LIKE A JET ENGINE ON AN AIRPLANE.

SO ERIC AGREED TO TEST THE FUEL SAVER IN HIS CHEVY TAHOE.

"All you have to do is unscrew 2 air intake hoses...Just squeeze the tornado a little ...rotate a little bit.

ERIC TESTED IT ON A 400 MILE CAMPING TRIP HE ROUTINELY MAKES, CAREFULLY TRACKING FUEL USED AND MILES DRIVEN.

--THE FIRST LEG, WITHOUT THE FUEL SAVER: OVERALL GAS MILEAGE 18.05 MILES PER GALLON.

--THE RETURN TRIP: FUEL SAVER INSTALLED: 19.96 MPG.

--AN INCREASE OF 9 POINT 5 PERCENT!

"I'm happy with it!"

BUT A FUNNY THING HAPPENED 2 WEEKS LATER, WHEN ERIC MADE THE SAME TRIP.

--WITHOUT THE DEVICE, HE AVERAGED 17.81 MPG...WITH IT INSTALLED FOR THE RETURN, JUST 17.96 MPG.

--THIS TIME, IT BOOSTED HIS MILEAGE LESS THAN ONE PERCENT!

THAT'S NOT WHAT THE INFORMERCIAL PROMISED!

WHAT WENT WRONG?

"If these things really worked, theyd come out of the factory with them on."

AUTO SHOP OWNER PEG JESSE SAYS IF THESE DEVICES WORKED AS PROMISED, GM, FORD AND CHRYSLER WOULD BUY MILLIONS OF THEM!

"The companies are trying to meet mileage standards set by the government, if they could fix something with a very inexpensive part, it would come out of with it on."

THE UNITED STATES EPA HAS NOT TESTED THE TORNADO FUEL SAVER.

BUT AFTER TESTING MORE THAN 100 SIMILAR PRODUCTS --INCLUDING THE CYCLONE AND THE DYNAMIX...

--THE EPA SAYS IT "HAS NOT FOUND ANY PRODUCT THAT SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVES GAS MILEAGE."

--JOHNS FINAL GRADE: "D."

IF YOU WANT TO TRY PRODUCTS LIKE THESE, THAT'S FINE...BUT BE CAREFUL DOING IT BEFORE YOUR WARRANTY EXPIRES.

MANUFACTURES CAN USE AN ENGINE ADD-ON AS A REASON NOT TO HONOR YOUR WARRANTY.

SO BE CAREFUL, AND DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

I'M JOHN MATARESE.

Re: Tornado Fuel Saver KI-65 4Runner Tested!

working or not, it's an smart innovation, gear heads disapprove it, but the company had been around for more than 10 years and they keep selling and be able to afford those lengthy commercials. and Yes, the experience like ss5153 had is exactly drives people to have it... and I also agreed that since people's attitude change to saving gas mode after they put that thing in, thus, getting more mpg.

I wished I can make some useless thing but earning money off it for 10 years!!! ;)

Re: "As seen on TV": Tornado fuel saver??

I took this off of my Viper and added a Tornado in each intake tube and it was like being on the NAWZ all the time. Not as much a kick in the pants as the 3 stage 300 hp shot, but feels like the same amount of power, just smoother.

Attachments

• NAWZ.JPG
    NAWZ.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 341

isellpower said:
I took this off of my Viper and added a Tornado in each intake tube and it was like being on the NAWZ all the time. Not as much a kick in the pants as the 3 stage 300 hp shot, but feels like the same amount of power, just smoother.

:rolleyes: ...and my sister's best friend's fiance has one on his viper too, and he gets great mileage! :rolleyes:

ChopsJazz said:
:rolleyes: ...and my sister's best friend's fiance has one on his viper too, and he gets great mileage! :rolleyes:

Mileage still sucks. One of the few pics not taken at a gas station.

Attachments

• Viper rear resize.jpg
    Viper rear resize.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 301

you see guys i already have the tham thing, took it of my dad, you see he wasted the money so money is not the issue. the issue is will it work on a smaller v6 vtec or will it screw things up. oh ya i like that viper

I removed the KA24 non-turbo 2.4L out of my NISSAN S13 and replaced it with a SR20DET 2.0L turbo and wow, my mileage went from 15-17mpg to about 25-28mpg! Whats even better, is that my power went from 140HP to almost 220HP!

It only cost me $3000 for a 180SX front clip and only took 5 days of labor to install. I highly recommend adding a turbo (prefereably ball bearing) to your vehicle.

Mike
Los Angeles, CA

saint2709 said:
you see guys i already have the tham thing, took it of my dad, you see he wasted the money so money is not the issue. the issue is will it work on a smaller v6 vtec or will it screw things up. oh ya i like that viper
Umm...., what? :confused:

took it of my dad
Well, did your dad get better gas mileage before you took it off of him? :smile:

isellpower said:
Mileage still sucks. One of the few pics not taken at a gas station.

So does your Viper get about 6 MPG now :tongue: Just kidding :biggrin: Nitrous on a Viper. Talk about need for speed :eek:

I am blessed with the worlds greatest medium pimpin collection. 6MPG when you baby it.

94 NSX
99 GTS Viper
03 H2

Bought all used and in excellent condition. I think that I'll take the Tornado's off of the Viper and put one one the NSX and run it on the dyno.

Question:
Once the tornado is installed on the NSX, will a Mustang dyno read over 1,000hp?

^ Better not try it, I am almost positive that would put you across the line into full pimpin'.

Back