• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AT select lever

Jin1976 said:
On lever position 3 and 2 look like switches.

looks like a reflection:wink:

Hal_396 said:
Looks good to me.

as good as an automatic can be:biggrin:

Just a thought, but for something a little different and presuming that you can see your gear selector position on the dash display you could add a custom shift boot to your new shift knob.

I've seen this done with a number of other AT cars (not NSXs) and it looks quite nice. Detach the dash trim panel and the shift knob. Drop a boot over the AT selector shaft and reinstall the dash trim sandwitching the boot between the dash trim and the AT shifter panel. Reinstall the shift knob and thats it!

It wouldn't be too difficult and would make for a manual transmission appearance.

I was thinking of that too with the lever that MadFinc has in his NSX. Btw I like the this new lever. Custom made? Also how to you put it to parking position since that one would require you to push the button on the original A/T lever to lock it in place?
Motegi said:
Just a thought, but for something a little different and presuming that you can see your gear selector position on the dash display you could add a custom shift boot to your new shift knob.

I've seen this done with a number of other AT cars (not NSXs) and it looks quite nice. Detach the dash trim panel and the shift knob. Drop a boot over the AT selector shaft and reinstall the dash trim sandwitching the boot between the dash trim and the AT shifter panel. Reinstall the shift knob and thats it!

It wouldn't be too difficult and would make for a manual transmission appearance.

Hi Jin1976

Yes, it is custom made.
I made a new knob , locking rod and small tube that surround the stock
tube of the lever.
I also chopped the select lever 35mm.

The select lever will be unlocked by pushing down the knob.

This is the first version of that mod.
I will try an other knob, less in diameter and other material and an other tube.

Back