• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Attempt at the Top Speed...

Re: Re: My Friends.....

John McCain Racing said:
LOL...I'm fine!

Don't you hate it when people tell you to calm down and to chill out... not to over react, when in fact you're at home calm and content?

Then 475498759043 people tell you otherwise and THAT gets you relied up? haha. The internet relays no emotion or sarcasim... it sucks :)

Oh and BTW calm down man hahahah ;)

When I said "Son" that is what the cop said to me. I was trying to be funny...guess I failed...story of my life. FWIW, I am probably OLD enough to be your father.

John McCain Racing said:
NO CHIP! I just seems that not everyone takes the time to read the entire post! I was just joking about the son thing:) I'm sure I could be JPS's son. I hear the same stuff from my dad all the time, but he also knows I'm safe while being not so safe...

My bad, it is hard to read tone in an e mail without the :D :D :D . Sometimes I speed read and I miss some of the details. ;)

"Do you know how fast you were going"?
"It depends on how long you've been following me officer"

honestly, to say we've never chosen a safe time/location to stretch our legs on the open road once in our life would be a lie. we've all done it at some point

paladin said:
"Do you know how fast you were going"?
"It depends on how long you've been following me officer"

honestly, to say we've never chosen a safe time/location to stretch our legs on the open road once in our life would be a lie. we've all done it at some point

amen :D

Re: My Friends.....

AndyVecsey said:
.....let's cool off with a community shower of Mobil 1. :D

But not synthetic, right Andy?
You don't believe in synthetic! :D

Last edited:
The "Autobahn" was to short to reach topspeed....:D

Attachments

• 4741snelweg1-med.jpeg
    4741snelweg1-med.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,246
I have to say the NSX is a beast!!! Just wanted to try acheiving the top speed, but only a humble 168 km/ph which is 104m/ph. Probably could have acheived more, if I had about another 1 or 2 kilometres.

Attachments

• dscn0217111.jpg
    dscn0217111.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,517
How did it (NSX) feel going that fast? Out of control or stable. I have seen 136 in my old GS-R and it was exhilarating. I did feel the car was not designed for that though.

nilest said:
How did it (NSX) feel going that fast? Out of control or stable. I have seen 136 in my old GS-R and it was exhilarating. I did feel the car was not designed for that though.

I don't think it could have felt better! There was no "float" or a feeling that the car was unstable. The car felt like I was doing 60mph, but with lots of wind noise!

scNSXgirl said:
Here's my attempt in the Element :D
Took the pic right before I hit 110mph

*this was done for my thesis project

What car did you do this in? The dash doesn't look like a Acura or Honda to me...

John McCain Racing said:
What car did you do this in? The dash doesn't look like a Acura or Honda to me...

She mentioned Element, which is the shoebox like thing that Honda produces with all of the plastic side cladding.

Before I saw everyone elses post's I noticed the gas needle too and how it dropped a good amount between pictures. Classic !

My dad has had several S2000's so I have had many a chance to drive them. Fastest I ever went in one of them was 146 on a huge straightaway with the top down. Quite an experience. That was with the top down and it was so windy my glasses felt like they were going to fly off !

Modernceo said:
She mentioned Element, which is the shoebox like thing that Honda produces with all of the plastic side cladding.

Ahh, I think that is the record for fastest shoebox in the world! I forgot about the Honda Element, or maybe I'm not into driving shoeboxes:)

top speed of my '95RX-7FD on german "autobahn" last year, legally...:)
the RX-7 is quicker than my '92NSX NA1.

andy l.

Attachments

• rx71speed03a.jpg
    rx71speed03a.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,114
152 in my 01 ITR going across NV on US HWY 50

145 in the nsx.....have yet to find a place (enough road) to stay in it.......

163 playing around in my old 98 against a friend of mine in a c5

Back