• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ATTN: Houston NSX --> TWS Cruise

:( CANCELLED!! :( Details posted on a thread below....

Hey everyone, so far here are the plans on where and when we meet before heading out to Texas World Speedway...

DATE: November 16th
TIME: departing at 9:00 SHARP

Please let me know if this is ok with everyone and if not, I will edit.
Thanks
Z

Also, please please post here or email me if you plan to meet with us for departure from Houston. This way I can know who to wait for at the Starbucks and who not to wait for. Thanks.

Last edited:
YES paul I will be joining ya'll ofcourse. Hey stupid question if I take 6 all the way to 290 do I go past 290 or is it right there? hey z you never told me what my surprise was?

TWS

I will try to join you guys, but I am not sure I will be back in time From Austin to leave at 9.
I'm sorry I missed the party last Sunday, I was already over committed.
I wanted to tell you guys about the handheld radios I bought.
They are the FSR radios you see advertised everywhere, but these supposedly have a range of 7 miles. The regular "Family Service Radio" frequencies are good for only a couple of miles.
The "extended" frequencies are for the higher range actually require an FCC license - if you choose to be legit.
Anyway, I bought a pair of these at radio shack for $40 a piece.
They work great for the multiple car "convoys" to Austin for UT games. They have multiple channels with multiple quiet codes that vitually eliminate all the static. They make the drive a lot of fun. Anyway just wanted to share.

I agree..radios are a must on convoys to have fun. I know Paul has a set, although i do not know if they are 2 mile or 5 mile but they are Motorola..and I was thinking about picking up a pair of 5 mile motorola from Sam's wholesale for $40.

Joe, good hearing from you. Do you know if the motorola's and your radio will be able to pick each other up or do you have to have the same brand radio?

I am hammering on these d#$n Bio labs..hopefully with a little help from Jeremy (the Wiz), i will be able to attend the cruise this weekend.;)

I'll bring my NSXCA radio. Offhand, I don't recall the frequency so I don't know if it will match with yours.

Hey guys I have set of Motorola radios too. I have one my brother has the other. I am not sure if I will be able to get his b/f this Sunday though. My radio is one of the 7 mile ones that Joe is talking about……..It has 24 channels and each channel has many different codes. Most standard radios have only 12 channels. As far as I know you don’t need to have the same brand for them to work…….the radios just have to be set to the same channel.

Z – I am still waiting on my tires but they should be here by this weekend. I plan to meet you guys at Starbucks around 9:00 (assuming I can find it). I will also have my video camera with me……now if only I can talk my wife into going so that she can film. We could film you trying to squeeze under the tollbooth arm at 30 mph with your antenna up……we’ll send Jeremy right behind you. I hear he’s also good at that trick. :D :D

Paul

Alright!!!! Looks like plans are starting to work themselves out.

About the Radios, awesome idea. I've been contemplating buying one for some time now. RICK, if you go shopping for one, let me know, I would like to purchase one also. We could go shopping together...yay! :) Plus, we are getting together more often, these will come in handy!

Rick, also, where exactly is the Starbucks? I'll be coming down Hwy 6 of course and Paul will be coming down 290 from 610. Let us know more specifically what corner of Hwy 6/1960 and 290? ;)
Regards
Z

PS - I feel like we are going to have a good turn out. I hope the Austin and Dallas NSXer's can pull together and make it out also. :p

And no disappearing antena tricks this time.... :D

Paul said:
We could film you trying to squeeze under the tollbooth arm at 30 mph with your antenna up……we’ll send Jeremy right behind you. I hear he’s also good at that trick. :D :D

Last edited:
Hey guys, should I get this? I'm thinking about stopping off on the way home and picking one of these up....

7-Mile** 2-Watt GMRS/FRS 2-Way Radio with Extended Battery Life

$39.99

l21-1905.jpg

PRODUCT FEATURES
• Splash/Shock-resistant to withstand light water and spray
• Vibrate Alert discreetly indicates you have a call
• Panic Alert button, a RadioShack exclusive, activates a super-loud siren
• Direct Call with five distinctive ringers, a RadioShack exclusive, allows you to discreetly talk to someone with a compatible radio without others in your group over hearing
• 22 channels, 38 Quiet Codes, virtually interference free, even in high-use areas
• VOX (voice activation) lets you talk hands free, with or without a headset
• Missed Call indicator, a RadioShack exclusive, shows who called from compatible radios
• Single-pin, hands-free headset jack
• Keypad lock prevents accidental channel change
• Backlit display is easy to read indoors or outdoors
• Hi/low power—use low to conserve battery life, high to increase range
• Courtesy “Roger” tone signals other users when you are through talking
• Key-beep confirms key entry
• Channel and quiet-code scan—search for other users, find a clear channel or users on the same quiet code
• Includes rugged belt clip
• 90-day Limited Warranty

Re: Radios

Joe Salazar said:
Those are the exact radios I have. They work great. I would recommend.

Thanks Joe, I'll be picking one up then! Now you know you have to go.... so I can have someone to talk to!!! ;) :D

I think I'm going with Ricky to Sam's on Saturday to buy some rechargable ones. If you stop disappearing, you can come too. ;)

Guttiensx said:
by the way what is going to happen if its tends to rain? curious?

If it's raining, we might as well cancel. :( But hopefully it'll be bright and sunny. I heard there's a 40% chance of rain.

Ok, so who's going?

Me
Jeremy?
Paul? tires in yet?
Rick... how those bio labs going?
Tommy, gotta show off the AIS and Swaybars!?

Anyone else?

Yes I am in! My tires are in too!

I suspect we will encounter some rain along the way but not the entire way so I am still up for the drive, unless it looks like rain all day all over Houston and College Station. If that's the case, I suppose Z could make a post Sunday morning and cancel the drive?

By the way I am still confused as to where the Starbucks is located? I assume I will see it when I approach the intersection otherwise look for a silver NSX parked at the Chevron on the corner of SH 290 and Hwy 6.

Paul

Ok, so who's going?

Pit Lizard and I will be going.

PS#1 - they are not "sway" bars, they are "anti-roll" bars.

PS#2 - we are coming from a different direction. Approximately one-eighth of a mile north of Hwy 6, along the 290 feeder, there is a small side street on your right. I do not know the name of this street; however, if we are not at SB, we will be at that stop sign. No need to slow down, I'll catch up to you. :cool: Paul knows how / why. :cool:

He Is Wrong

Well, according to Dali's website from where the item was purchased, they are referred to as "Sway bars."

"anti sway" means to prevent lateral motion.

"anti roll" means to prevent rotary motion.

Re: He Is Wrong

AndyVecsey said:

"anti sway" means to prevent lateral motion.

"anti roll" means to prevent rotary motion.

I was pulling you leg Andy, but point made. I was just going by Dali's website. ;)

:( CANCELLED!! :(

Sorry guys, but I think we are going to cancel the cruise! It looks like it's going to rain on our parade. Actually, I hear there is a 75% chance of rain in College Station where the TWS event is being held.
HOUSTON guys, since most likely we won't be having rain here in Houston, we will still have a little get together and cruise. :)
Regards
Z

rain?!? what rain?

It's too bad you guys did not make it. The weather was great. In fact, it was so nice, I could not resist snapping a few pictures along the way from Austin to College Station. Here's what you missed.

BTW: Since this cruise did not work out, I'd like to remind everyone that the Austin NSX Meet is this coming weekend. We already have 10 cars (4 are from out-of-town). Austin is an easy drive - Y'all should come (at least for the Saturday activities) and join the fun!

Last edited:
Back