• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ATTN: HP EVO Owners

What front tire size are you running? I think 225x35x18 will work,I see some of you are running 215 so they don't rub, they look bad ,rim sticks out too far.thks Brent

It depends on what suspension you are running. I had the 225-35-18 and I was rubbing with H&R springs. I went to the 215-35-18 and now I do not have any problems at all.

thanks, I am considering H&R springs with Konis, Where did it rub? I removed plastic fender liner near the condensor...I heard they rub on full lock only, is that correct? Thanks for any responses guys!!!! Also I already ordered 225's for the front, there is too much rim exposed on the 215's IMO..thks:biggrin:

P.S. Does it require 3mm spacers on front and back wheels? HP in Florida, is claiming only needed for the front installation, thks again:smile:

I had 3mm up front only. When I put the 225s on, I rubbed coming right out of the driveway of the tire shop. I turned right around and had them swapped out to the 215s.

Here are photos with the 215s and they are close. Under full load I rub every once in a while with these.

d9c933ca.jpg

d781df6d.jpg

Texas91Brent said:
P.S. Does it require 3mm spacers on front and back wheels? HP in Florida, is claiming only needed for the front installation, thks again:smile:

BTW the HP guys are great! They have been very helpful and they know there stuff. I will be in there booth at NOPI This year.

Damn, where did the 225's rub? Would they rub with Eibach springs too? I may need to change my order...Did I understand correct, you run no spacers on the rear? no caliper scraping problem? thks Brent:smile:

Eibach are not as an aggressive drop as the H&R but that might be only a quarter of an inch difference. My car is low and I scratch the bottom all of the time. Eibach might offer you better drop.

Yes I am NOT running spacers on the rear. The calipers in the rear are smaller than the front ones so the wheels will clear if you are running a 38 offset (I think, dont remember the exact offset)

Would you do the H&R's again if you had a choice, or maybe Eibach? Coilovers are great, but too much money for a look...

I like the H&Rs because they gave me a nice clean low look. I also put them on my E-Klasse Mercedes and it is a perfect look too. I had Eibach on my first NSX and my Legend coupe and although I liked the lowered look, I sometimes wished it was lower. When I saw NSXDAWG's green NSX with the HREs and H&Rs, i knew that is what I wanted.

Thanks, Will I be screwed, with HR's and 225's? I too really like the low look..Was the rear alignment difficult ? thks for all of your answers...Brent:biggrin:

Rear alignment is a completely different issue. With such an aggressive drop, my camber is off a little. I have had it aligned but with the camber at negative x, I wear on the inside of my tires after 4-6k miles. I am not happy about that at all. I do "spirited" driving but I would like to get at least 10k out of them.

I sometimes think of lifting it a bit but I now have a tire Sponsor so every year I get a new set of tires.

Pardon the interruption guys but....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Damn, ARFNSXTC!! That car is sweet and those shots are flippin amazing!!
(not the first time you've heard either of those things, but had to chime in!)

Nice, nice, nice!!!

Now back to the regularly scheduled postings!

Terry
T-Med

Back