• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi R8 is a Jeep

what kind of rear bumper is that on the nsx, just in case i missed it.

Custom made diffusor

1174895815NSX12.jpg

1174895464NSX04.jpg

Here's a better pic, of one (driven by Max Biaggi) behind the NSX ;)

They are VERY quick cars out of the box though, on track it would destroy a stock NSX, like night an day.

BJ14.jpg

R83.jpg

Hi

I have read through this thread and looked on the pictures. Here is my humble opinion.

The NSX looks like a car that would attract peoples attention for years to come. It is and has been a old car for many years now. The Audi does not look as good as my Sebring Silver NSX.

The black and red R8 is better, but I still thinks that the design of the NSX whatever it is a Acura or Honda looks so much better and more timeless than that of the R8. The NSX will still look good for many years to come and the R8 would ofcourse be attractive, but not in the same way as the NSX.

So what if the NSX is killed on the track and probably on the street by a R8. It does not matter. I will probably never see a R8, but if I see a NSX I will surely try to locate the owner and praise him for the great choice he made. I do not think that anybody would do the same for R8 owners.

Yes there are people that bought the NSX because it is in the games, but I like to think that people that have a NSX have a NSX after a lot of considerations. Afterall that is why I have a NSX and not something else.

Max would kill me on the track riding a Gold Wing or something and me riding a RSV. But I think I can say that I enjoy life more than him as he is known to be somewhat sad. :wink:

As I am still a bit out of it I took the bus home today and it was fun to look outside the window and think to myself "you don't have a NSX, you don't have a NSX. I have and I will drive it soon". :)

Yeah sure the R8 is great, but not at all the milestone that the NSX was. NSX still looks damn good and it is 17 years old and that will not happen with the R8.

Regards

Last edited:
If the $150,000 Ford GT was not too expensive for Ford to sell - the $110,000 R8 is not too expensive for Audi.

Yesterday I was one of the participants in the "racing against Cancer" trackday on Assen TT circuit in Holland with my NSX.
There were 2 other NSX participating (one supercharged).

This event gives young cancer patients and their family the opportunity to experience goiing (almost) full blast on the track as passenger on either a superbike or in a sports(super)car.

The Highway police were also there with one of their patrol cars, goiing round the track with lights flashing. This was a rare opportunity to pass a Police car full blast without getting a fine:tongue: :biggrin:

There were many special cars attending and among them was an Audi R8.
Must say it was very impressive on the track. Goiing full blast on the straight it sounded great and it was very fast.
Yes, when standing next to an NSX it looks BIG, but looking at the car itself, I like the shape and the 2-tone colour setup.

I think that Audi has put a supercar on the market for a very sharp price, I would choose the R8 over a Porsche 911 without thinking twice.

Jesus!! It looks HUGE!! Go NSX, GO!!! Before that thing runs you over!

When I saw the car in person by itself, it seemed very low and wide...sporty/nimble...but next to our cars, it looks gigantic.

Back