• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AVOID Dali Racing

I ordered an NSX-R trim ring, as well as some other parts, from Mark Johnson (Dali Racing) on May 18th, 2007 - this trim ring was shown as "in stock" on Mark Johnson's website. After a few days (May 25th) my order showed up, but the trim ring was not in the package. I immediately fired off an email to Mark Johnson, inquiring as to the status of my trim ring, which was still "in stock" on daliracing.com, and received a simple response: "they are out of stock."

After this email I waited over two weeks, before once again sending out an email, asking when Mark expected to receive the new batch of trim rings, which were still "in stock" on his website. Two days later, on June 11th he responded via email, with the promise the trim rings were shipping to him "this week". I again waited patiently for the item I had ordered on May 18th.

With no trim ring in sight on July 7th, FIFTY (50) days after I had placed my order for this item, and a month after Mark said the item was shipping to him, I again sent an email, asking what the status of this part was. This email was ignored. I resent the email on July 15th, over a week later, and was again ignored.

On July 17th I decided to place another order with Daliracing, in the hope that Mark would throw this "in stock" trim ring into the box with my new order, and I would get both parts. After I sent payment I waited for more than a week, before again inquiring as to the status of my now 'two orders' which were missing. Again, my emails went into a black hole. Prior to this transaction, because of my location about an hour North of Mark Johnson's home-based business, I would receive my orders in a day or two. A week with no shipping confirmation on the second order, and nearly 3 months since the first order, and I decided I would get nowhere hoping for this item to magically arrive at my doorstep.

At this point I had ordered an "in stock" item on May 18th, I had been waiting on this "in stock" item for SIXTY SEVEN (67) days, and was now being ignored. I tried to file a dispute with paypal over this transaction, but the dispute was denied, as I had waited too long, trusting Mark Johnson would ship my order. I filed another dispute over the week-old second order, and was immediately refunded this amount, within a matter of minutes, from Mark Johnson himself (who was still unable to respond to my emails).

I have placed dozens of orders, totaling thousands of dollars, with Mark Johnson. I have personally met with him, I went to his shop, I have been to his garage and condo, but this is how I was treated, over a $25 trim ring. There are no two sides to this story, these are the events, as they transpired - I am more incredulous at the situation than anything else, I am done doing business with Mark Johnson, I re-tell this seemingly incomprehensible story whenever I meet a new nsx owner, who is considering placing an order with Mark Johnson. It may have been an "in stock" $25 trim ring, but it has cost Dali Racing several hundred dollars of my money, and will hopefully warn other nsx owners about Mark Johnson's business practices.

:mad:

Back