• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Toyo Proxes

Its time for me to order a set of tires for my 1991 and I was thinking Toyo Proxes R1R. Is this a good tire for my car or should I consider something else. The car will a weekend driver with stock rims

Last edited:
Its time for me to order a set of tires for my 1991 and I was thinking Toyo Proxes R1R. Is this a good tire for my car or should I consider something else. The car will a weekend driver with stock rims
The R1R isn't a bad choice but I feel there's better options as that tire is quite an old design. Since it's a weekend driver, a 200 TW tire makes sense so I would consider other options like Falken RT615K or RT660 and the Bridgestone RE-71RS. They're pretty similar in price point and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

For a weekend driver, I like the ultra-high performance summer line of tires for the NSX. They have better tread life and are more compliant over the bumps than the super-high performance tires like the RE-71, RT660, etc. My favorite are the Yokohama Advan Flevas. I drove my 91 on the predecessor to these tires and just loved it. It was all-around great. I even could track on it! Just a great balance of performance for a weekend car.

Back