• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ayrton Senna, The NSX, and The DVD!!!

This is awesome news!

--snip--
The Official Tribute to Senna - two disc DVD

The most comprehensive look at the career and the life of Ayrton Senna. In DVD all region format this DVD features personal recollections from drivers, colleagues, relatives and friends. Also included are insights in to the life of Senna in Brazil, never seen before films of Ayrton at his first F1 test and a film of him driving the Honda NSX which he helped to develop. Disc two features the documentary 'Racing is in my blood' which covers his career from karts to three F1 titles. Total running time 190 minutes.

Extra features include, Senna’s first test, Senna’s Honda NSX test, Statistics and a picture gallery. Total running time is 190 minutes.

--snip--

I just ordered it from GrandPrixLegends.com. I can't wait to check it out!

Direct Link

--Conrad

P.S. It cost me around $65 shipped! :eek:

WARNING: THIS DVD IS SOLD FROM GRANDPRIXLEGENDS.COM IN PAL FORMAT ONLY! (Not compatible with US set-top DVD Players.) senna.tv sells it in NTSC format.

I'm not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned above.

Last edited:
Great find Powered by Honda! Million thanks! :)

Hmmm... I wondered if I can just buy Disc 1 by itself, 'cause I got "Racing Is In My Blood" (Disc 2) in my Senna collection already.....

Thanks Conrad. Great find indeed. Ciao. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Conrad, I'm gonna have to check this out.

Yawnnnnn.....boy I'm beat. Just came back from a decently fun romp in the Malibu cyns. tonight. Stinkin' fog got in the way of my fun.....

Hey Bill, were you actually out in your NSX-Z? I didn't think you drove it any more :p

Picked this up on ebay the other day. They claim it increases NSX HP :).

Armando

6159Suit_Front.JPG
6159Suit_Back.JPG
6159Suit_Name.JPG

Armando, Now you need this. :D

1993-tencel_1.jpg

Zanardi 50 said:
OMG Armando!!! :eek:

Is it the REAL DEAL? You lucky lucky dude!!! :D

So how much you paid for it???

Wel I think the old saying "If you have to ask you cant afford it " holds true. LOL :) But it wasnt me that bought it, it was the bottle of GREY GOOSE THAT i HAD THAT NIGHT. :)

No regrets after it arrived though
ARMANDO

Blackhorse6 said:
The patches (color and size) are not correct.
I have to believe that his driving suit had to have changed from year to year, at least a bit. Second, after I saw Armando's pics I did a little looking back at some pics of Ayrton. I saw one pic of him on a podium in a driving suit exactly as Armando's looks. Does that mean his is authentic? No. But I am thinking that the patches, color, etc., are the same as was worn at one time, or at least for one particular race.

Well...Senna's racesuits were made by OMP. They ALWAYS had the OMP logo on the belt (where his name is). If you look at the Hondas they are not the same patch as was worn by Senna, and the National patch is off color. They were alawys a deep blue. Check out www.sutton-images.com do a search under Ayrton Senna and you will see that this is not an "race worn" or an "original" firesuit. I am not trying to put anyone down on this, I just hope he did not pay a high price for a suit that IS a knock-off.

Speaking of high price suits. Here's a Shuey suit worn in a 2001 F1 race (2nd place finish). Price: $12,700.00 :eek:

366.jpg

Blackhorse6 said:
Well...Senna's racesuits were made by OMP. They ALWAYS had the OMP logo on the belt (where his name is). If you look at the Hondas they are not the same patch as was worn by Senna, and the National patch is off color. They were alawys a deep blue. Check out www.sutton-images.com do a search under Ayrton Senna and you will see that this is not an "race worn" or an "original" firesuit. I am not trying to put anyone down on this, I just hope he did not pay a high price for a suit that IS a knock-off.

Who ever said this suit was worn by Senna? Actually I would rather not have a suit worn by anyone other than myself ( who needs to pay thousands for someone elses BO) :) As for something being high priced, thats relative what might be too much for you might be pocket change for someone else. So what's something worth? Whatever someone is willing to pay for it, If you dont agree watch 20 minutes of any of the Barrett Jackson Auctions. Now where is that bottle of Grey Goose.

JMO

Armando

Last edited:
Again, I am sorry if you got the wrong opinion of my comment, it was not intended to put or bring anyone down. I think it is a great replica suit and I (as a Senna collector) just hope it was not sold as "original". Fly the colors proud and enjoy!:)

Senna Memorabilia

Here's the nosecone from Ayrton's first win, Portugal '85 plus a letter from Team Lotus confirming provenance and a framed issue of Motor Sport showing the entry list with chassis numbers.

Attachments

• roomrt.jpg
    roomrt.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 679
akira3d said:
Hey Bill, were you actually out in your NSX-Z? I didn't think you drove it any more :p

GASP! you have just commited an intolerable act by mentioning the 2 words it ((NSX-Z #50) and drive within the same sentence. Blasphemous! Shame on you! Repent is a must! Now bow down to your Red '01 -T and recite the Holy Mantra of Soichiro so that the NSX-Gods will come down from the heavens to bless you and forgive your sins, Amen! :p :D

EDIT: Atta boi FF Drifter!!! :D :D

Last edited:
Also, thanks for the link. Just ordered one as well. A while back I ran across a Senna website with pics of him and his NSX. I believe he had one in Brazil and one in Europe. I'll try to track it down, unless someone else already has done it.:)

I just received a letter today from the site where we ordered the double DVD. I guess we're oredering to many. They told me they were sorry about not being able to deliver within the normal 28 days, because they can't find the DVD anymore at the moment, but they keep on looking and send it out as soon as they have one...

Back