• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AZ Pre-Summer Heat Drive

Who's up for another drive before the Sonoran Summer greets us? I am tentatively planning to leave early around 0700 hours and take US60 to Superior (eat breakfast at Buckboard Cafe), travel south on SR177 to SR77(through Kearney, Hayden, Winkleman, and Mammoth) to Oracle, then SR79 northwest to Florence and then the backway on SR87 to I-10/Chandler and home.

Leave early to eat and beat some bikers to the cafe.

Total trip about 5 hours.

Proposed dates are Saturday May 6th or 20th. Maybe some Tucson people could reverse the route and meet us along the way. They could use SR79 at Florence Junction to return and bypass the Phoenix area.

Anyway...give your input. There's lots of open pit copper mines and beautiful mountain desert WITHOUT alot of winding road this trip!

Dean

Dean you and your wife are true NSXers!!!

A story for others I want to share.

We are on the drive to Jerome when another NSXer and his girlfriend stopped the run half way because his girlfriend felt a little queasy. (First time through the twisties)

Dean's wife says to NSXMAS and blackcat "that's the difference between a girlfriend and a wife. Queasiness HA, I will be fine until the next stop!!! "

Dean's wife wins the best supporting wife of a NSXer award!!! :smile:

Last edited:
Darn! Neither of those dates work. My brother-in-law is going to be down the first weekend in March and then the 20th we will be in Rocky Point! I'm going to miss another drive! :frown: :eek: :frown:

Alright! Are we ready! If we are going to "Beat the Heat" we had better go this next Saturday May 6th. Who's in and ready to rock and roll? We'll meet at the Target Department store at Power and US60. Target is just north of US60 on the east side of Power Road. A McDonalds is across the street. By meeting that far east those that come from other parts of the Valley can use the Loop 101, Loop 202, or US60 without negotiating too many uneccesary roadways to find a meeting spot. Let's meet at 0700 hours so we can get to the cafe in Superior at about 0815 hours.

Dean
AzNSX98

Heather when do you have to work again or when are you busy so we can plan the next drive so you can't go!!! :tongue: :tongue: just kidding

I am going to the Cal Coastal drive !!!

blackcat said:
Heather when do you have to work again or when are you busy so we can plan the next drive so you can't go!!! :tongue: :tongue: just kidding

I am going to the Cal Coastal drive !!!

:p :p :p I'm not going to tell you! :p :p :p

I want to plan a devil's highway drive sometime this summer. Maybe June?

I'll be in DC May 12-16. That's why I randomly picked the 6th or 20th for choices...let's face it, if we don't go this week we can't "beat the heat". I would like Heather to plan the next drive and we could head down her way. You guys can plan another drive for the 13th that she can go on. That would be cool. Probably any week-end there will be some who can't make it. Either way, I'm driving this Saturday (I'll remember the sun-screen this time), and I'll be the ball of fire disappearing into the sunrise!!!

HEATHER, I really want to meet you (and your car); pick a ride and route and count me in. Except July 9 - 12 as I'll be in Orlando doing the Disney thing. Drive on and drive safe! I am soooo sorry it seems to not work out for you on the last two dates, it's got to take a turn for better. Wouldn't it be great to get all the Arizona NSX'ers out for an event or drive!!!

Dean

NsXMas said:
Ok Dean, this Sat it is. :)

Can a new guy join in on the fun? :)

I'm the guy that bought 01BlackS4's (Marc's) black NSX, and have been thoroughly enjoying it ever since :) Though it won't be entirely up to snuff by Saturday; still needs a lot of things over the next couple of weeks...

J.R.

NsXMas said:
JR - great to meet ya man!!

Ditto, great to meet you Frank, and the rest of you guys :) I had fun on the drive, and look forward to future ones...

I'm hoping to get my iForged wheels on the car this week, as well as new tint. I'll try to get some updated pics then...

Later,
J.R.

It was great! Someone walk me through how to post pictures. I've tried and failed! We did beat the serious heat and saw some beautiful desert. The roads were mostly vacant of other traffic and good condition to drive. Success all around. Next drive?

AZNSX98 said:
It was great! Someone walk me through how to post pictures. I've tried and failed! We did beat the serious heat and saw some beautiful desert. The roads were mostly vacant of other traffic and good condition to drive. Success all around. Next drive?
Dean, click on the Gallery link here, and then click on "My Gallery" up above, and then the next page will have a "Upload Photos" link near the top right.

Click that, and it should walk you through how to upload the photos step by step.

After you upload, let us know and we can look at your gallery.

Call me if you have any questions.
J.R. (phx) said:
Ditto, great to meet you Frank, and the rest of you guys :) I had fun on the drive, and look forward to future ones...

I'm hoping to get my iForged wheels on the car this week, as well as new tint. I'll try to get some updated pics then...

Later,
J.R.
Sweet, looking forward to it!

Back