• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B&W Speakers?

I have been a fan of B&W speakers for quite some time, but found something interesting the other day that I wanted to see if anyone has come across it.

I found a pair of B&W 800ASW subs. It says that exactly on the back of the sub next to the electronics. I have never heard of 800ASWs. I have seen ASW 800 as a model #, so I am just assuming that it is the same thing, but with a mistake or something screwy with the model #. Has anyone in here ever come across the 800ASWs? Are they really ASW 800s like I think that they are?

I have been a fan of B&W speakers for quite some time, but found something interesting the other day that I wanted to see if anyone has come across it.

I found a pair of B&W 800ASW subs. It says that exactly on the back of the sub next to the electronics. I have never heard of 800ASWs. I have seen ASW 800 as a model #, so I am just assuming that it is the same thing, but with a mistake or something screwy with the model #. Has anyone in here ever come across the 800ASWs? Are they really ASW 800s like I think that they are?

Like this:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homesubw&1278882460&/b-w-800-asw-matrix-12-inch-sub

A quick search showed me what you already know: They are listed as 800 ASW, not the reverse. If the serial number is different I might be skeptical of their authenticity.

Back