• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

b2 crash

I wonder how many bombs were on board? It can hold 80 smart bombs.

Wow...

One question: how does one eject out of a b2? Does the roof come off?:confused:

There is a hatch above each pilot's head and blows off. The ejection seats are on a rail system that guides the seat out the hatch safely. Everything happens in about a second.

Good thing you don't fly on the B-52 and get one of the seats that eject out the bottom of the aircraft.

" part of a continuous U.S. bomber presence in the western Pacific."

since when do we need B2 bombers in the south pacific?? :confused:

So it doesn't take very long to get to where you want to bomb. Anderson Air Base on Guam is much closer to the Asian and Middle East countries that don't like to play nice with the United States than Missouri is. Having those bombers there lets them know it won't take us long to respond to aggressive action. We also have a U.S. Naval base with nuclear powered attack submarines (SSN's) home ported there. Nuclear powered guided missile submarines (SSGN's) are planned to join them in the future.

Having those bombers there lets them know it won't take us long to respond to aggressive action. We also have a U.S. Naval base with nuclear powered attack submarines (SSN's) home ported there. Nuclear powered guided missile submarines (SSGN's) are planned to join them in the future.

good god i love america:cool: :biggrin: big toys for big boys

but at what cost? :rolleyes:
i'd rather have a non-corrupt healthcare system.

while our country is not perfect by any means, i like knowing that if i go out in public there is a very very very very very slim chance of somebody with explosive strapped to their chest standing right next to me, i like being able to freely talk about the country's leaders without the fear of me and my family being tortured and murderd

oh yeah, i also like the citys and landscape of our country not looking like..... IRAQ

while our country is not perfect by any means, i like knowing that if i go out in public there is a very very very very very slim chance of somebody with explosive strapped to their chest standing right next to me, i like being able to freely talk about the country's leaders without the fear of me and my family being tortured and murderd

oh yeah, i also like the citys and landscape of our country not looking like..... IRAQ

you should come to australia then, with added benefit of not getting shot as often.:biggrin:

Your country is awsome, but your gun laws are not. No way I could live in Australia when self defense is not a valid reason to aquire a handgun permit.

true, but america isn't the only place you can be without being shot, and where you can talk smack about leaders. and they have ins :wink:

anyway, just sucks that we're going to be forking over 1.4 BILLION dollars to replace a plane. you know what you could do with 1.4 BILLION dollars??? (other than buy a plane and mess up other countries) :tongue:

but are they replacing it? one of the many many shows on the military/discovery channel i think the b2-s are nearing the end of thier service in the next 10-15 years anyways.

im too busy to make any more useful of a reply, dam mercedes are too dam big and take too long to wash

Your country is awsome, but your gun laws are not. No way I could live in Australia when self defense is not a valid reason to aquire a handgun permit.

Where the hell every one need own gun? Self defence, nice ;) . Ohh god, good thing is, here you cant go shop and buy to your self gun. Much much safer!

Where the hell every one need own gun? Self defence, nice ;) . Ohh god, good thing is, here you cant go shop and buy to your self gun. Much much safer!

What are you trying to say in your broken English? The right to bear arms is much more than a right to defend yourself from just criminals. It's also a right that helps defend you from foreign invaders and domestic governments out of control. If some country decided to invade Australia, you as a citizen could only depend on your military and police. If they weren't able to defend the country, then you would have to become a citizen of the invading country. Let's say there was a military coup and because you are pretty much defenseless against the government, you would just have to obey. Let's hope Hitler doesnt get reincarnated. Oops! Too late! (ie. Sudan, Rawanda, Cambodia, Sierra Leone, China, Chile, etc, etc)

Taking guns away from citizens is a horrendous breach of rights. Although, there are terrible crimes that occur due to guns, its the publicity of these incidents that make them so much more horrific. These incidents are rare and you have a much greater chance of dying in a car crash or from a snake bite.

Officially, here are the crime statistics in Australia and the United States:

http://www.aic.gov.au/stats/crime/violence.html

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/data/table_16.html

As you can see, there is still violent crime in Australia and actually many more per capita than in the US. In fact, you are statistically safer in the US. One should ask, how many less assaults, rapes, robberies, and murders would there be if Australia had a right to bear arms instead of only allowing guns to be owned by privileged groups? Remember, that laws are only followed by law abiding people. I am from Texas and I trust my fellow citizen to be armed and hope that he is, so that when there is some nut job that the law doesnt physically protect me from, I have a fighting chance.

Have a great day.

You don't need a gun in oz, it's a sad state of affairs when you feel you need the need for one. It's a very interesting cultural attitude. an American i met here said exactly the same thing. We do have guns, i know a few here and there, especially farmers. We may be heading down the same path as america and that may not be a good thing. I also understand that because of Americas armed policy this may be the reason why other countries don't need to have a large armament. There is validity to both sides of the argument.

Maybe this is the reason america appears to be so violent. I never felt the need to have a gun.:smile: Having a gun means your likely to use it. Obviously if everyone else has one, you want one to even the odds, then everyone is walking around in a hair(hare?)-trigger mode. I hope it doesn't turn out that way in Oz. How many school shootings have you had recently?

Japan is the same, very relaxing generally peaceful country without guns. Here they just stab each other to death or use arson or just plain kill themselves.:eek:

Back