• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

back aches

NSXtasy:

That particular trip was from Seattle To Mountain Home, ID, on the way to SLC. The mileage was 32.x mpg. I had ~.75 gallon left. My all time high mileage was 33.59 over a several hundred mile trip. The numbers are impressive considering the car is an automatic. One of the big keys to success is non-ethanol fuel.

Dave

So how are you getting non ethenol gas? My back is fine....:smile:

So how are you getting non ethenol gas? My back is fine....:smile:
The federal Clean Air Act has mandated that only "reformulated" gas (typically oxygenated with ethanol) is available in certain metropolitan areas (those with the highest air pollution). In addition, some states have opted into this requirement, either for specific metro areas or the entire state. You can see a list of these areas here. Gas that is not oxygenated is available in the rest of the country, which means most rural areas as well as those metropolitan areas not mandated or opted in.

Last edited:
The federal Clean Air Act has mandated that only "reformulated" gas (typically oxygenated with ethanol) is available in certain metropolitan areas (those with the highest air pollution). In addition, some states have opted into this requirement, either for specific metro areas or the entire state. You can see a list of these areas here. Gas that is not oxygenated is available in the rest of the country, which means most rural areas as well as those metropolitan areas not mandated or opted in.

So if I went across the country and stayed in rural areas I'd be getting only gasoline? Well except for California I guess. That's good to know - thanks Ken.

Back