• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Back in an NSX!

NSX Owner Again! Sebring Silver 1991 coming soon!

Okay, I am jumping the gun a bit, but the transaction is almost done and I can no longer contain my excitement.

I am buying Robr's 1991 Sebring Silver NSX, as seen in the NSXPrime Marketplace. Payment is in transit and the car should be in Wisconsin within the next two weeks. I will probably have it shipped via intercity (quoted $1070 MA to WI), but I may fly out and drive it back if the weather stays mild.

I blame Lovefab (that damn dyno testing video) for re-igniting my NSX fever with such fervor that nothing could stop me. Not that I can afford to build my motor and have them install their turbo kit, but someday . . .

Some of you may recall that I lost my 1993 Sebring Silver last year to an incident at Road America. Sebring with a black roof has always been my favorite NSX coupe color and I knew it would only be a matter of time before another one would grace my garage.

The car needs some work, but it is a known commodity and I am blessed to live close to the superior NSX service of John Vasos and Acura of Brookfield.

It has some minor mods (I/H/E). I have a Cantrell AIS, Mugen Harness/Roll Bar, Simpson 5 points, and an HID kit sitting in the garage from my 1993 that will be installed in my 1991.

I would love the ultra-rare Anytime Race Exhaust, but those are long gone (I had one of the five on my 1993 and it was destroyed in the crash). If only I knew someone that could help with that . . .:wink:

Future mods will include Eibach springs, new wheels and tires (currently on beat up OZs and Sumitomos), and the SOS aluminum instrument cluster rings.

Beyond that, I would like to upgrade the brakes and pick up a used Whipple-based CTSC. I may also do the 2002+ rear conversion (not the front).

Believe me, I am a certified go-fast crackhead.

Re: NSX Owner Again! Sebring Silver 1991 coming soon!

Congratulations. I am amazed at the number of people who come back to buy another NSX.

Congratulations. I am amazed at the number of people who come back to buy another NSX.

Congrats Ryan!
Good to see you're back in the fold. Love the color combo. We'll have to meet up next time I'm in town to visit my long lost '92 at the shop. :biggrin: Have you been in there lately? It looks like two 3.0's exploded in the southwest end of the shop and my other one is sitting there... probably ready to explode any day now too. it's love/hate with these things!

Swift said:
congrats on the nsx purchase and hope you still pamper the ol' legend.

;)

The Legend is my beater. It was well worn when it was handed down to me. It will likely be sold soon.

Interesting, you went from a 93 silver to a 91 silver

I went from a 93 black to a 91 black :biggrin:

I just didn't enjoy driving without being in a NSX. I had to come back to the dark side! :tongue:

Welcome back & Enjoy,
- Z

Congrats Ryan! Just couldn't stay away from the Sebring silvers, could you?:wink: Looks like the car already has a lot of goodies. You're still keeping the M3 right?

brahtw8 said:
I blame Lovefab (that damn dyno testing video) for re-igniting my NSX fever with such fervor that nothing could stop me. Not that I can afford to build my motor and have them install their turbo kit, but someday . . .

Just doing my duty! :biggrin:

Boost the stock motor. If it's in good condition there is no reason it cannot reliably support 350-400whp. We have been doing so with several cars all year long, in every driving environment imagineable.

Have the shipper drive east one more state to drop it off for some Go Fast Crack Pipe mods ;)

I am glad you're back in the NSX. It is amazing to me that almost everyone who finds their way out of the NSX eventually finds their way back in.

DV8 said:
Congrats Ryan! Just couldn't stay away from the Sebring silvers, could you?:wink: Looks like the car already has a lot of goodies. You're still keeping the M3 right?

Sebring is really the only color for me. Perhaps a Blue NA2, but I really don't want a targa top.

I am planning on keeping the M3, at least for a while. I am also a BMW diehard and if I did get rid of the M it would probably be for another BMW. The most likely candidate is a 1988 BMW M5, a car I have almost purchased on two prior occasions (6/02 and 7/06, and in both cases I ended up with a Silver NSX within a year).

Tinker219 said:
Just doing my duty! :biggrin:

Boost the stock motor. If it's in good condition there is no reason it cannot reliably support 350-400whp. We have been doing so with several cars all year long, in every driving environment imagineable.

Have the shipper drive east one more state to drop it off for some Go Fast Crack Pipe mods ;)

I am glad you're back in the NSX. It is amazing to me that almost everyone who finds their way out of the NSX eventually finds their way back in.

I thought you might like that.

On a stock motor the old Whipple CTSC is probably my best choice. Having the folks at Acura of Brookfield right next door makes that unit an attractive option given how many they have installed over the years.

If I ever go turbo, you are on the top of my list.

Ryan, I knew you wouldn't be gone for long!:biggrin: I'm really happy for you, hopefully I'll see you soon at one of the next events. Can't wait to see the new ride!

BTW - I didn't know you were a Legend owner too! I bought a '91 5-speed coupe a few months ago as my daily driver.

Sean

Nice! Welcome back, and Congrats!

Nice to see more and more in the Midwest. A friend and I drove back his '95 blk/blk from NC he just bought this last weekend.

While I appreciate everyone welcoming me "back", in reality I never left. :biggrin:

Even without an NSX I was a participant in local gatherings and set up a Midwest NSX brunch this fall that was cancelled at the last minute due to weather, not to mention my presence and moderator efforts on this site . . .

Last edited:
Glad to see that we are bringing another Sebring to the Midwest. Good stuff.
Since you've already been welcomed and because you never really left:biggrin: ...I'll go ahead and welcome your new car to the area!!:biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile:

Paul91 said:
Glad to see that we are bringing another Sebring to the Midwest. Good stuff.
Since you've already been welcomed and because you never really left:biggrin: ...I'll go ahead and welcome your new car to the area!!:biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile:

Actually, the car was originally from Chicago. It was sold and moved to MA in 1998. I guess it was meant to be.

brahtw8 said:
While I appreciate everyone welcoming me "back", in reality I never left. :biggrin:

Even without an NSX I was a participant in local gatherings and set up a Midwest NSX brunch this fall that was cancelled at the last minute due to weather, not to mention my presence and moderator efforts on this site . . .

That's kinda of like that saying...

Person A "Did you miss me?"
Person B "Oh, you were gone?"

brahtw8 said:

OK, welcome back to true happiness.:biggrin:

Congrats! See you in 10 weeks or so...can't wait to see it.

Briank said:
Ryan

Good to hear you have an NSX again, hope to see you at Kopps at this summer.

Brian

I will be there. I may need some of your electrical skills to address the stereo.

Back