• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad wheel experience...

Ok, Summer is coming so I went to put a pair of new shoes for my nsx's perfect condition rear wheels. I didn't feel like driving 30 miles to Direct Tires where they use a Hunters machine or some names like that. So I went to my local BJ's tire dept. and figure it's only mount and balance they shouldn't have any problems.

First of all the guy that worked in the front desk only charged me $8.60. :confused: Anyways, then comes the two wheel guys one in his 30's and the other in his high teens. The older guys looked at the wheels and immediately told the guy in the front desk he would not touch those wheels/tires b/c they are too low profile for the machines they got. They younger kid says "it's not a problem I can do it" So I figured he know what he is doing.

Check this out, It took him more than half an hour to dismount one wheel. So I say to myself maybe he is being really careful not to scratch the wheel. Then he put on the mounting machines and scratched the hell out of the wheel trying to mount the new tires.:mad: Even after all the struggling they have concluded that they can't mount the new tire on the wheel. Spoke to the store manager. The results...the kid got fired on the spot and they agreed to replace a new rim for me.

Ohh it gets better..So I then went to Sears auto dept. which is few miles away. Before they do anything I told them to be really careful about the rims. After what happened at BJ's I just can't help myself but to whatch the wholes process in the waiting room that oversees the whole service area. Sure enough some tech. tip the wheel over and scratched the surface.:mad: And it's the good rim too:mad: :mad: What really pissed me off is they pretend nothing happened:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: After a little commotion with the manger he agreed to repair the rim. It's the blazed silver wheel. Can surface be repaired since it's not paint like the '94-'96 wheels. Also will it have a problem matching the colour of the factory wheel after it's repaired?

BTW I didn't drive the nsx. I just took the two rear wheels to have it mounted and balanced.

Thank you for letting me vent......

Hey Milano, Sorry to hear about your problem But,
do You have a lager pic of you avitar I want if for my nsx pic collection. Thanks

Milnao- sorry to hear of your story. One reason why I go to specific specialty shops that are even a small drive away and charge a bit more to be taken care of. Sears is good though with Batteries!

show1nsx said:
Hey Milano, Sorry to hear about your problem But,
do You have a lager pic of you avitar I want if for my nsx pic collection. Thanks

You beat me to it.....if you wouldnt mind i would like to know if there is a larger pic as well.

You really need to go to one of those bling bling rim shops with the 26 inch rims, they mounting machines that have rubber on every part that touches the tire. It cost about 20 per wheel but if you buy the tires there it can be free...

Back