• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ballpark figure for a timing belt change

Depending on where you get it serviced anywhere from 1,000 to as much as 1,500 bucks. I paid $1100 and some change w/NSXCA dicount of 10%. Check the FAQ to get more facts before the NAZI finds this post. This has been posted many times before.

No soup for you !!!:D

$1700 for 90k tune up and timing belt and all that stuff from the dealer.

it comes with 1 year warranty.

I guess we all have to do that eventually. Do 120,000 miles need another?

Basch Acura Service charged about $1100.00 for the job. I wouldn't take my NSX anywhere else for service. They are reasonable, and have the most experience with this type of service. 602-244-8010

Cheers,
-- Chris

Yup, 120k coming up in 2005. A friend of mine claimed his cost was $2500! YIKES! I have a certified ACURA mechanic "trustworthy" friend who said he would moonlight to do it for $500 if I bought the parts. He said he's done it before at the dealership by dropping the engine and he has a lift. Sounds good cuz I want my tenants to enjoy level rents.

I see what you mean, but I hope Nazi realizes it's a 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' for owner's costs. I looked at the other forums but none are germane to my NSX friends' cost. New Owner..no, Car history..no, Technical..no, Detailing..no & so on. Hmmm :confused:

This is well documented in the FAQ. I agree with Tom:

Tom Larkins said:
Depending on where you get it serviced anywhere from 1,000 to as much as 1,500 bucks.
Keep in mind that this figure is ONLY for replacing the timing belt and water pump. There are other services that are also normally done at the same interval (90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first, on the '91-96*), including air filter, valve adjustment, oil/filter, transmission fluid, brake fluid, etc. Those other services typically cost $800-1000 when performed separately. Those who claim quotes of $2500, and those who are referring to a "90K service", should make sure that they are comparing apples with apples, by specifying whether or not all those other services are included in the cost.

*On the '97+, the timing belt interval is 105K or 7, which is an interval for replacing the coolant.

chiludo67 said:
Yup, 120k coming up in 2005.
The 120K service interval recommendation is the same as the 60K service, and does not include replacing the timing belt and water pump.

chiludo67 said:
A friend of mine claimed his cost was $2500! YIKES!
For a full 90K service, including the timing belt and water pump, that's a fairly typical cost. Remember, you only have to do this every 90K miles.

chiludo67 said:
Just wondering from everyone what you all paid for your last timing belt change/new water pump.

An NSX is the best car in the world. You only need a metric 12 and a metric 17 to take the whole car apart... (Don't know the US-sizes). I mean the mechanical part of it is straight forward. I do all those things myself. That can save you a lot of monney, because timing belts aren't that expensive, but the hours are !!

Re: Re: Ballpark figure for a timing belt change

Bart Geerts said:
You only need a metric 12 and a metric 17 to take the whole car apart...

How many tools does it take to put it back together? ;)

Back