• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bay Area Meet Saturday?

How about we have a showing at Santana Row and then grab lunch. :biggrin:

Otto

tk...

I think that's a great idea. Thanks for putting it out on the table:biggrin:

I'll try to reschedule a prior commitment.

Charles

Maybe I can make it back in time for lunch. I have prior commitment early in the morning. Keep us posted on the lunch location.

Phong

Anybody have any thoughts about where to meet up this Saturday? Maybe we should do Macaroni Grill for old time's sake.

tk

Hi Tom,

A little short notice for me... I'm out of town right now. Next weekend (Feb 10th) works better me?

Would that work for everyone else?

As far as location goes... Santana row is a great location. As long as we all make the effort to get together as a group sometime during or after the meet.

It would be a geat opportuity to talk about the upcoming year.

My car is in the shop right now but for those that may want to go for a spin beware that the roads in the area tend to crowd as the day grows.
I would recomend going for an early drive and bring your club radios.

Carlos

I just checked my schedule and I need to be back home by noon. :frown:

I've never been to Santana Row and was hoping that I'd see other NSXers there.

I can't do lunch, but maybe brunch? :biggrin:

Otto

Re: Saturday at Santana Row?

I'm new to the site and i live in San Jose, so Santana Row would be a great opportunity for me to meet you all. I will be available late morning to early afternoon. I look forward to attending regular events soon!

while i enjoy macaroni grill, santana row is more convenient for me this weekend, so i'll be there @ 9 w/my ride. my wife says i can play 'til noon.

hal

If I can get the wife out of bed in the morning, I will be down around 9:00am. Of course if she comes along that means I will have to go to Penang Village or Banana Leaf for lunch unless someone knows of a better Singaporean or Malay restuarant.

tk

If I can get the wife out of bed in the morning, I will be down around 9:00am. Of course if she comes along that means I will have to go to Penang Village or Banana Leaf for lunch unless someone knows of a better Singaporean or Malay restuarant.

tk

Straits Restaurant located in Santana Row is really good!

http://www.straitsrestaurants.com/

I've posted photos taken by my daughter and I here:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=459484

Too bad I could join in on the drive. My daughter really wanted me to follow the caravan.

Otto

thx for posting the pics. here's what i know of the (some) of the cars in the photos:

the '67 912 porsche was brought by its original owner, whom i met ~3 months ago and told about the gathering. it was his third time attending. nice fella.

the 55 chevy was purchased by the owner just 5 days ago, the car has a vette engine in it.

the mondial convertible is a '91, one of five black made for import to the US, original owner. stock and in original condition, save for the wheels, highly polished engine and the ferrari emblem license place holder attaching bolt.

the yellow murci's are '04 and '06 and according to the owner (dealer?) there are a few differences (slight hp, exterior components), the BIG difference (that he talked about, anyway) is the motor that raises / lowers the front end 4" for driveway / speed bump clearance, etc.

my favorites of the day were the vt, pantera, '67 f330 (i think that's what it was, anyway - sorry...), the gt3, the... well, you get the picture. nice group of cars.

thx again for the pics.

Back