• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBK Which offset do i need

Ok guys, i'm kinda new here but i've tried using the search feature to figure this one out and i can't seem to find the answer...

so does anyone know the correct offset and wheel size to fit the brembo bbk?

i currently have 18/19 setup and i wouldn't mind goin to 17/18 if that helps.

thanks in advance

nick

First, going to 17/18 will give you better performance (given you're comparing the same model of wheels but different sizes.)

The offset is not what you should be looking for... it's the clearance of the spokes that you need to be concerned with. Different wheels of the same size and offset can have much different caliper clearances. (Plus, changing the offset can negatively effect handling.)

The Brembo BBK (Lotus and Indy Calipers) will clear a lot more wheels than, say, a Stopteck BBK, because of the width of the caliper.

Your best bet is to first pick a wheel you like, and then check with the vendor to see if it will clear the Brembos. Science of Speed and Dali racing are a good place to start looking for wheels because they usually list BBK specific wheels. (I was told by Science of Speed that the CE28's, in particular, will clear the Brembos... along with many others.)

Back