• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS LM's (18/17) or ProDrive White GC06 (17/17)

So right now I'm in a dilemma - it's techincially winter season here in CALI so trying to decide on some new rims for next season.

I've always like the LM's and these are nsx fitment with red centercaps.

Or do you think white ProDrives on a White NSX would be more ideal???

argh, decisions decisions!

help
rick

You can't go wrong with either. I kinda like what you're thinking though... red centercaps on the LM's to match your seats. That would look great!

I have owned the LM's in the finish you're considering, they're great wheels, very strong, and classic. I also like prodrives, but not the style you're considering, I like the GC05 - they fit the nsx perfectly.

The two options you mention, silver 17/18 LM's or white 17/17 prodrive, are pretty different styles, and are geared towards different looks, not just a little different, but completely different (eg classy, high end, quality, compared to racy, track, 1 piece) - with a decision as large as wheels, I hope you're not looking at these two wheels simply becuase there is a set easily available, if this is the case, you will be unhappy with them in 6 months, and go through this hassle all over again.

Pick the wheel you're after, BBS LM's are a great option, I have owned several sets, for several different cars, over the years. The one caveat is the recommended BBS sizing, it is good on the front, but needs a slight rear spacer (approx 10mm) - I use H&R 15mm's on mine, which is slightly too aggressive, but works with aggressive ground effects.

So right now I'm in a dilemma - it's techincially winter season here in CALI so trying to decide on some new rims for next season.

I've always like the LM's and these are nsx fitment with red centercaps.

Or do you think white ProDrives on a White NSX would be more ideal???

argh, decisions decisions!

help
rick

If I had a white 02+ nsx and considering a new wheel there would be no question but to get LM's in gold. There's a picture of a white nsx with gold LM's floating around somewhere's. I'm biased though because I don't think white and white would go to well.

Just my opinions.

Stephen

Need I say more. One of the best looking NSXs on the board because of how simple yet stunning it is.

4055nsxbbs3.jpg

Need I say more. One of the best looking NSXs on the board because of how simple yet stunning it is.

4055nsxbbs3.jpg

Funny- that's probably the same car before Rick bought it! Maybe the previous owner still has his gold wheels hanging around. Gold LMs are sweet on just about any car - so go for it.

Well, this is what i'm going for too 18/19 BBS LM (with red center cap coming soon)
At first, thought of silver BBS LM, but it will be too plain. Gold will just highlighten the car. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 095 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 095 (Medium).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 646
  • Picture 097 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 097 (Medium).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 453
Funny- that's probably the same car before Rick bought it! Maybe the previous owner still has his gold wheels hanging around. Gold LMs are sweet on just about any car - so go for it.

*DROPS JAW - WOW WOW WOW! :)

Are you saying that is my car in it's previous owner's hands?? That is a really nice picture, now I know what wheels I want! damnnnn....

rk

Do it Rick!

I'm sporting gold Advan RS on my berlina black and never looked back. Looks JDM with the red seats too. Nice set of red BBKs to top things off (let me - I can hook you up).

Larry

BBS LM's in 18 and 19's would be my choice :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

4055nsxbbs3.jpg

+1 Never truer words spoken. Some day (I hope) I will own a set of BBS LM's in 18 - 19's.

Mike

that car was an 02 conversion (so not ricks car) but a a very nice conversion at that. when that cars owner bought it it had comptech forgeline chrome wheels on it. i wish someone could post the before picture and then the after pic with the o2 conversion and bbs.

Last edited:
This is what the car used to look like.
63.jpg

IMO, LM's are always a plus, but it depends on what widths and offsets you're getting. When you say "NSX" fitment, I'm guessing they're pretty conservative. To make things easier, just get both. You can never have too many wheels.

Last edited:
Basically, for the front, you're stuck with that 7.5 +38. I would run a small spacer for the front and I would get the 9" rear with +25.

18's all around looks a little off in my opinion. You can get some one to go in with you and buy another set of 17's and then split the two sets between you guys. The 18x8 may be a too narrow for most though. Since you have the an 02+ I would get a set of 18/19 because the 02 with it's updated rocker panels and rear valence the body looks a bit bigger than the flip up models.

The rims look like they are in good condition and is a heck of a deal for the LMs.

I just picked up a set of gold BBS LMs 17/18 from another prime member last week. Good luck with the rims.

Back