• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS LM's (18/17) or ProDrive White GC06 (17/17)

Rick,

Love that wheel on your car. I know your thinking about 19s vs 18s on the rear, but regardless. FWIW that is one great choice of wheel for your car. :cool:

Larry

I agree with socalx, the car looks too dumped. Its fine on other cars but not on the NSX. I really see it in the rear. Play with the perches and get the back end up maybe 1/2". The tires will look less plump. Fronts not too bad, maybe 1/4" more up.

Otherwise, sick choice in wheels and colour. LMs always ftw.

BTW whats up with you guys and Volk GTVs, everyone's buying and selling them off asap. :rolleyes:

I actually agree on this... and I am an NSX owner and every vehicle owner who LOVES dumped vehicles. All of mine are usually as low as I can get them.
WELL... except when my nsx was on 18/18 setup :biggrin:

oldnsx.jpg

And then of course... my car a few years later DUMPED on my 18/19 setup

NSX4thofjuly016.jpg

Last edited:
Rick you will be doing the right thing when you put the 18 - 18's on the S2000 and you order the only size for the NSX... 18 - 19's BBS LM's ftw :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Gotta fill the rear wheel well !!!

The count down begins now....

Mike

Ride height looks fine to me. If it was me I'd go even lower. Wheel gap = no no.

BTW, I thought you had BBS lug nuts. Still looks good though.

thanks to everyone on this thread for their contribution!

I'm still on the fence if I need a 18" rear or 19" rear - take a look at these pictures and please voice your opinion!

Sneak peek from this past weekend's festivities....

This is an 18/18 setup - what do you guys think? :)

Does the rear look too small as I was thinking about doing a 19x10" rear stagger with the current 18" fronts....

My co-pilot "hanging" around:
IMG_1733.jpg

A bit further back:
IMG_1755.jpg

Wheel profile shot:
IMG_1729.jpg

Looks better than I expected!

If it were me though I would still be searching for a 19" rear because it would always be in the back of my mind.

I agree, it looks great and may be fine initially, but if you truly want to go 19's you most likely won't be satisfied with the 18/18 setup, although I think it looks great.:rolleyes:

Did you paint the spokes if so what paint code is it. They look like the BBS Diamond Black, I have been wanting to paint my LM's that same color for a while but can't get the paint to match BBS's DBK.

Your car looks really good.

Looks better than I expected!

If it were me though I would still be searching for a 19" rear because it would always be in the back of my mind.

I have to agree it looks better than I expected !~ I think a lot has to do with the color plus the red caps/lugs. If you remember I tried a set of 18/18 in gold earlier in this post saga and it looked really bad.

I'm going to keep shopping for some 19's but in the meantime I can live with this setup. Going to try a 235/40 tire which should give it a small stretch and might "thin up" the profile of the rear a bit.

The offset is really aggressive at +17 right now but not a single rub even on hard driving with the 255/35 tire so a 235/40 should be no issues.

Again I'm going to keep looking for a 19x9.5 or 19x10 so if you guys see anything let me know, color is not that important just offset/sizing!

rick

here's one more rear profile shot, not bad....but definitely not "Perfect" haha

IMG_1745.jpg

It "seems" my Japan contact says I can have a choice of either rim.

Should I just sell my 18/18 LM setup and just get the LM-R'S? :biggrin:

lm350-dbk-left_200.jpg

Or just buy a pair of 19" LM rears and call it a day

lm_dbk200.jpg

I'm waiting on his price quote confirm back so that will decide it for me I guess....

It "seems" my Japan contact says I can have a choice of either rim.

Should I just sell my 18/18 LM setup and just get the LM-R'S? :biggrin:

lm350-dbk-left_200.jpg

Or just buy a pair of 19" LM rears and call it a day

lm_dbk200.jpg

I'm waiting on his price quote confirm back so that will decide it for me I guess....

Buy both :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: because we wll know you will want to change your wheel set up, no matter what you decide today. Just as long as you buy 18/19's :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

Quick recap - it will be 8 weeks of waiting come this Sunday 8/23/09 for my 19" rear LM's and so far still nothing....grrr :mad:

I even bought the 19" tires already and sitting in my garage!

Stay tuned but here's some recent pics with the current 18/18 combo. My rear (18x9's will be up for sale once my 19's get here)

rick

1DII8484_.jpg

1DII8501_.jpg

1DII8434_.jpg

1DII8522_.jpg

1DII8441_.jpg

Quick recap - it will be 8 weeks of waiting come this Sunday 8/23/09 for my 19" rear LM's and so far still nothing....grrr :mad:

I even bought the 19" tires already and sitting in my garage!

Stay tuned but here's some recent pics with the current 18/18 combo. My rear (18x9's will be up for sale once my 19's get here)

rick

1DII8484_.jpg

1DII8501_.jpg

1DII8434_.jpg

1DII8522_.jpg

1DII8441_.jpg

/\ /\ /\ ... I want to be like Rick... no... I want to be Rick when I grow up :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I know you were hoping... but did you really think the 19's would arrive in 8 weeks? In my experience, its always been at least 10 or 12 weeks.

Mike

Last edited:
/\ /\ /\ ... I want to be like Rick... no... I want to be Rick when I grow up :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I know you were hoping... but did you really think the 19's would arrive in 8 weeks? In my experience, its always been at least 10 or 12 weeks.

Mike

OMG who's the one with the shiny supercharger in his engine bay! :tongue:

synth19: Chicago may not have great weather 365 days but you guys do get a river taxi in downtown plus Navy Pier!

Where can you get a good set of LM's these days? I know there was a place in CA that sold used BBS wheels but I dont see them updating their webpage recently..

Love the LM's

OMG who's the one with the shiny supercharger in his engine bay! :tongue:

ok... I will trade my Comptech Supercharger for the ISF... deal??? :biggrin:

Forgot when I started this thread but wanted to give a conclusion to this saga.....

I ordered the wheels 6/23/09 and just received my beautiful new rims right before Xmas 2009! :eek:

The fitment was perfect and I'm currently running 275/30 tires on the rear on my 19x10" LM's out back...............sorry no pictures as of yet since haven't found the time but after all this work and thanks to everyone for chiming in on offsets, I've gotten my NSX perfect now!!!!

Back