• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC and BOV

Besides the "stock MB setup" what are the BBSC options?
Does this require you to retune your fuel and timing maps?
Steve

anything you change on the setup would require re tuning and new maps. I would think even header or cold air intake changes should be retuned to maximize the benefit and ensure safety.

The two main options that I know of are (a) an aftercooler and (b) alternative engine management controllers. There are two basic aftercooler configurations; however, neither of which are really easy to work on.

Glenn - don't take this as an "arguement" but I think that minor changes such as headers or cold intake, can be compensated for with the factory ECU. This of course is predicated on the assumption that there has not been an AEM or Haltec or Motec that replaces the factory ECU.

Steve - if you would like to discuss further in detail, call me at 713-215-8016.

If I had to do it all over again, I like "sampson's" aftercooled CTSC.....very clean installation.

Tial 50 mm BOV installed with an aftercooler. Definite retune required.

Armando

Attachments

• Aftercooler2 019 (Small).jpg
    Aftercooler2 019 (Small).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 323
Yellow Rose said:
If I had to do it all over again, I like "sampson's" aftercooled CTSC.....very clean installation.

agreed on the "clean" part yet would still require a retune if any changes where made and still presents its own set of problems

If I had to do it all over again, I like "sampson's" aftercooled CTSC.....very clean installation.[/QUOTE]

any pics of that setup?

i bought a used Forge BOV here on the forums, and it works fine.. literal plug n play, no retune needed..

Back