• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC and Car Pics

Just a couple pics from the other day. Look closely at the engine bay shot and you will see the only 96 up car in the country (I think) with a throttle cable running on an AEM EMS.

devin4.jpg

devin5.jpg

devin2.jpg

devin1.jpg

I like your stainless steel lines and fittings. ;) I too replaced the black rubber hose with braided. I was at MB's shop when he was putting the finishing touches on your car before delivering it to you. I do not recall the boost valve being chromed. Is it not the same one as comes with the BBSC or did you have the black boost valve plastic-chromed? If a different valve, what brand name is it?

Isn't yours a targa? If so, do you notice any "excessive" body flex, because you do not have the tri-strut bar?

Nice car!

I removed the included valve and put an aftermarket polished one on the I/C. As far as the strut tower bar, I don't think there is any "excessive" flex without the factory engine bay brace...but I haven't track tested that theory yet:) .

I removed the included valve and put an aftermarket polished one on the I/C.

What brand / type is the valve? Is it boost adjustable?

Is there no air filter on your BBSC? Do you have any more pictures of the aftercooler? Did you run the car first without the after cooler and if you did , is there much difference with it?

Armando

Is there no air filter on your BBSC?

The air filter on his and mine is behind the LR plastic wheel well liner.

very nice who made your water/air cooloer...and how many lbs of boost are you running

The aftercooler core is by Spearco. A local machine shop fabricated the air and water inlets-outlets. If he has the same pulley as on my Novi 2000, 8 PSI at redline.

Did you just get the system put on your car? The reason I ask is because how shiny the over flow tank still is. Mine didn't take long at all to get scratched up. :(
Very nice looking car overall though. You should be proud.:D

AndyVecsey said:
Is there no air filter on your BBSC?

The air filter on his and mine is behind the LR plastic wheel well liner.

very nice who made your water/air cooloer...and how many lbs of boost are you running

The aftercooler core is by Spearco. A local machine shop fabricated the air and water inlets-outlets. If he has the same pulley as on my Novi 2000, 8 PSI at redline.

can you take pic of where the air filter is?

isn't it dangerous for the novi charger to accumalate foreign objects intot he turbine?

ever try putting a mesh around the spool area..?

NSXchnk said:
can you take pic of where the air filter is?

isn't it dangerous for the novi charger to accumalate foreign objects intot he turbine?

ever try putting a mesh around the spool area..?

Originally posted by PaynNSX
When I took the engine bay shots at the shop, there wasn't an intake pipe as I am changing mine at the moment.

My piping goes into the plastic fenderwell area just like Andy mentioned before (same area the stock airbox draws cold air from). I just decided to change my original one from 3" to 3.5" diameter piping with a cone filter again in the fenderwell. Unfortunately, 3.5" pipe will not fit through the factory body hole with cutting it out a little :(.

TWO QUESTIONS

Payn,
1) what do you have your the crankcase filter connected to? The pcv valve? And if so, do you have your throttle body port plugged

2) Is your dash valve on the throttle body connected? I see a vac line running down but to what if the stock intake boot is not there.

STELIOS-NSX said:
what are you getting for hp.
405whp (MD Chassis Dyno)

chudson1549 said:
Payn,
1) what do you have your the crankcase filter connected to? The pcv valve? And if so, do you have your throttle body port plugged

2) Is your dash valve on the throttle body connected? I see a vac line running down but to what if the stock intake boot is not there.
1) The filter is connected to the PCV valve. I am now making an aluminum oil breather/catch-can to replace everything.

2) The dash valve rod is no longer connected to the throttle body plate but has a vacuum line attached to it. Why I left it on in the first place...well...I was tired that night and needed a vacuum cap :D.

Thanks, I kept looking at it and was wondering what or how you had that.

I put the 97 covers on mine - with the pcv on the rear now it was easier to run the lines to my catch can back the throttle body. The front has the vent and the filter on it. I saw the filter on your front with the black covers and had to ask.

Charles

If I'm not mistaken I think I've seen this nsx at Cobo hall Import show March or April?. Very nice set up - even took videos of it.

PaynNsx, hope to see your car at Main Street one of this weekends!

:D

jagtiger
Your house is so close to his shop you could hit it with a rock.:D
You shold give him a call and stop by
He is going to install my 9 pd BBSC and a few other goodies this winter.

Did you get a chance to send that check?
Later Brian

Hey Brian,

Where's the shop at? Would love to drop by and check out the shop.

Anyway, it was out 9-17 You should be getting it anyday now.

Thanks

Henry

Looks like wood to me. :D

You should bring it back up so we can have another run. Say, October 5th? That is, if I haven't stripped my car down out of anger.

P.S. Its looking good.

Back