• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC in NYC

You guys sure are hostile when it comes to the BBSC.

That's an intelligent thing to say. :confused:

So, if I installed a BBSC from someone who is selling theirs because it killed their engine, don't you think I would be a little concerned?

Yes, and rightfully so. The cause of boo-boo'ed NSX engines with the early version BBSC is the SS box. Upgrades are now available from MB, that prevent mal-timing. You know this and with the new box there will be nothing wrong. So if this answers your question, why are you still asking it?

And before you get all pissed off and name calling andy.....

Careful, I have not called you any name,s so please don't say that I have. Thanks.

So, if MB's policy works on a second install, then I guess there is nothing to worry about.

Why not ask MB what the warranty is, instead of asking us or the person selling it? Straight form the source with no diluted theories.

If however, it does not.. and I am on my own if it kills my engine.. then I will pass and look at a more proven solution. Simple as that.

Respectfully, it is not that simple. Would you consider Comptech proven? I think the jury will return a 100% "yes" vote on that. However, I know of at least one engine repair bill they did not help out with. Proven does not equate to warranty.

But let's ask this acid test question. "Would any FI vendor honor a warranty for the kit that is transfered to a car other than the original purchaser?" I think you know the answer.

AndyVecsey said:

Yes, and rightfully so. The cause of boo-boo'ed NSX engines with the early version BBSC is the SS box. Upgrades are now available from MB, that prevent mal-timing. You know this and with the new box there will be nothing wrong. So if this answers your question, why are you still asking it?
I know upgrades are available Andy... But don't you think it is a little too soon to say that there will be nothing wrong? Why don't we wait a bit and see. I honestly hope that fixes it because then I will buy one. Like I said, I think it is awesome.... And I think everyone here knows I want more power! :D --even though i really dont need it.

No, you have not called me names I suppose. I apologize for that. But you can be a little harsh from time to time.. ;)

I am sure there are also comptech cars that have issues, but you sure don't hear about it happening very often. I do consider the CTSC to be a much more proven product. It has been around a long time. It is still overpriced IMO.

I am also sure that no FI provider would offer a warranty if it was sold from the original party. BUT I do not know the details of MB's policy. It sounds really good.. so maybe it does. I don't know. I guess that is something I will have to call and find out when the time comes.

Personally, I would bet against an MB warranty on a used BBSC. As a matter of fact, if Mark actually *is* doing that for some reason, I'd highly advise him to kill that policy! :p

There are just way too many variables on a used unit. His warranty on the new one is more than generous and pricing is not outrageous. I can't think of many reasons to not just buy right from MB if BBSC is what you want. If you're undecided on the BBSC for power and reliability reasons, that's a whole different story (that's the boat Im basically in).

AndyVecsey said:

Sounds kinda like a broken record. This time it will work. Realistically we won't know this until the daring try it out, then hopefully let the rest of us know with out being scared to share. Hopefully this time everything does go well. I know a few people that are interested but are to scared to be the test mule.

IMO the turbo kits are looking more and more attractive.

nsxxtreme said:
Sounds kinda like a broken record. This time it will work. Realistically we won't know this until the daring try it out, then hopefully let the rest of us know with out being scared to share. Hopefully this time everything does go well. I know a few people that are interested but are to scared to be the test mule.

IMO the turbo kits are looking more and more attractive.

If, for whatever reason, they would prefer to go with an SC, then they need only add an AEM or Motec to their shopping list and all such concerns about the BBSC will be solved. It's only money. I think you'll find that MB can supply a configuration file for the AEM that gets you very close and needs only final tweaking.

Jerry Ferdinand said:

BTW Recently I took the car for NY State inspection, It passed without any problems.
Might be nice if you told everyone outside of your area what your inspection is comprised of. Treadmill emissions? If so, what are the acceptable levels of HC, CO, NOx and CO2? Results of yours?

Back