• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC

I would like to see some dyno plots for the BBSC with the "new" software. Also has anyone got the AEM stuff working with it correctly? What about the lack of low end is that fixed? Also what about the oil blow by? What about the aftercooler? Also why do some people have the 1000 and some have the 2000 what are the difference?

Thanks
Ryan

Ryan, et al - I think I can answer most of these questions in a positive and qualitative manner. However, it will not be until tomorrow when I have more time to do so.

Until then.....happy VTEC-ing. :cool:

Thanks man, it seems that the FactorX deal is kinda in limbo and now it's Gerry Johnson or the BBSC. I would like the BBSC because I can pass emisions every years and I don't know how to do it with the turbo. This is more involved then I though it would be. :)

Thanks for the help
Ryan

Ryanmcd2 said:
Thanks man, it seems that the FactorX deal is kinda in limbo and now it's Gerry Johnson or the BBSC. I would like the BBSC because I can pass emisions every years and I don't know how to do it with the turbo. This is more involved then I though it would be. :)

Thanks for the help
Ryan

You have really only just begun a serious mind numbing journey into the world of FI. Choose your system very wisely.

Dyno Plots - do a search in this sub-folder from December of last year.....I think the thread's title is something like "BBSC Updates" and I think it was initially posted by sjs. There is a dyno plot of my engine when I first got the car back. Note that the A-F ratio is very rich, which has since been almost all leaned out. I still have a bit (though not as bad) of richness from 68-8000 RPM. At that time, I was at 383 RWHP. I have not yet re-visited the dyno shop.

As far as your comment of dyno plots with the new software, do you mean a tuned fuel map with the Split Second box or with the new AEM box?

Low End Grunt - mine kicks in at 2500 RPM with 0.5 PSI of boost, making 1 PSI at 3000 PSI and peaks with 8 PSI at redline. I have another pulley that will make a theoretical 11.5 PSI at redline. Now *that* will be quite a ride.

Blowby - I have none, even with track events and beating the dog poop out of twin turbo Porsches. :p Then again, I had my engine rebuilt prior to installing the BBSC.

Aftercooler - last weekend, I measured only 20 °F of aftercooling. Previously, I was getting 30 °F of aftercooling. I'm pretty sure that I need to re-route my plumbing to eliminate an air pocket in the water supply line. In my personal (and not so humble at times) opinion, an aftercooler on *any* forced induction engine is a must. If a certain German sports car manufacturer aftercools turbo boost, why shouldn't a similar amount of super boost be aftercooled? Answer - it should be!

The Novi 2000 blows more air than the Novi 1000, and also generates boost sooner.

This is the dyno plot tuned by MB himself before leaving Raleigh. Comptech headers, exhaust, test pipes, stock fuel pump, standard BBSC.....398 rwhp 269 ft/lbs

Attachments

• jasondynobbsc-1.gif
    jasondynobbsc-1.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 641
So it looks like the 2000 is the way to go. Is there anyway to get the torque over 270? Sure would LOVE to see 320 tq and 400 HP. It looks like turbo maybe the way to go to get that unless anyone can think of anyway to get that much low end.

Thanks everyone for the help
Ryan

just curious--excuse in advance my ignorance on this stuff.

bbsc seems to be a favorite option from what i can glean, considering i want something reliable with little to no engine damage/abuse as a result. Turbos are way too difficult to set up and keep dialed in.

how much grief should i expect with bbsc? will it be a constant 'have to tinker' setup?

is Mark recommending aftercoolers and installing as a part of bbsc setup? If not, why not?

How close to plug and play is this setup? The numbers seem pretty good.

Does the stock engine need rebuilding for this option? With a stock engine, how do you think the bbsc will effect engine longevity?

Would appreciate everyone's opinions/comments.

I think that while the Comptech SC might be the closest to "Plug and Play" the BBSC comes very close to "Plug and Play" but with much more options to get more HP

Andy,
You might want to qualify your statements regarding your BBSC setup - if I am not mistaken, you have the Novi 2000 and intercooler (aftercooler) which is NOT part of the "stage 1" BBSC kit (Novi 1000 and NO aftercooler).

Ryanmcd2,
Regarding the emissions test, Kendall Pond has lots of experience with this in CA. You can read about it here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14844
Perhaps this issue has been fixed since his post.

Andy, You might want to qualify your statements regarding your BBSC setup - if I am not mistaken, you have the Novi 2000 and intercooler (aftercooler) which is NOT part of the "stage 1" BBSC kit (Novi 1000 and NO aftercooler).

Good catch, BZ.

To further clarify - 4.2" pulley, 550 injectors vs what I believe are the 440 injectors as standard for the BBSC, OBD-II car (late 1995 year model), Split Second box with my own fuel map vs what was originally programmed vs what some people are running called the "killer" map, same non-adjustable boost divert valve that comes with all the other kits to date.

Although not part of the kit in any way, I also have installed boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge and on-board realtime display of A-F ratio using a wide-band oxygen sensor.

Some people seem to be having a problem interacting maturely so I have deleted a bunch of recent posts.

If you have a legitimate question to ask, ask it. If you have a factual statement to make about a problem with a product, state it.

Loaded questions, innuendo or "name calling" messages will simply be deleted.

BTW if you will use the SEARCH feature, and you will find that some owners have posted here about issues with the BBSC and many of them have been discussed at length. I recommend you start here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14922

Back