• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bear Mountain Run 10/24 (Fall Foilage...if we didn't miss it already)

Anyone interested in a Bear Mt run next Sunday(10/24)? Rain day 10/31.

Time: 9:30am
Location: Bear Mt (Need to look up the map for that Gas station up there)

Simon

Pencil me in, its been a bit light on the meet front as of late.

if i am not working, i am definitely in.

I am doing another exotics run with about 200 cars in mid november and would like to take a test drive up there anyway.

You can count me in as well Simon now that I won't be traveling the 24th from Knoxville to Nashville on the way to NSXPO.

Have certainly missed our NYC meets and runs lately. :smile:

Nice!! Looks like this will be a good turn out.:smile:

We can organize meeting points and caravan to Bear Mt next week when we are confirmed.

Looking at the list so far, NJ crew can meet at the Palisades Pkwy close to the GW bridge.

Long Island/NYC crew can meet and go up to bear mt together (Another options is to meet the Jersey crew at the Palisades Pkwy over the GW bridge).

Simon

Jan and I are in. We'll be coming from north-central NJ (about 12 miles south of the Rt 287/Rt 80 interchange).

Please send info on the location of the gas station that will be the meeting point.

I couldn't find an exact address for the Gas Station...it is where US-202 W/US-6 W/Bear Mountain Bridge Rd meets.

Direction from Bronx/Westchester:
10. Continue onto Sprain Brook Pkwy 12.5 mi
11. Continue onto New York 987G N/Taconic State Pkwy 2.0 mi
12. Exit onto NY-100 N/New York 9A N/Saw Mill River Rd Continue to follow New York 9A N 5.8 mi
13. Merge onto US-9 N/New York 9A N via the ramp to Peekskill Continue to follow US-9 N 8.8 mi
14. Continue onto US-202 W 0.5 mi
15. Turn left at US-202 W/US-6 W/US-9 N/Jans Peek Branch/Lower S St 0.2 mi
16. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto US-202 W/US-6 W/Bear Mountain Bridge Rd 440 ft

From Englewood Cliffs, NJ:
5. Slight left to merge onto Palisades Interstate Pkwy Entering New York 26.7 mi
6. Exit onto US-6 E/Palisades Interstate Pkwy toward Palisades Pkwy/Bear Mountain/W Point 3.0 mi
7. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto US-202 E/US-6 E Partial toll road 4.2 mi
8. At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto US-202 W/US-6 W/Bear Mountain Bridge Rd 0.1 mi

bearmtgasstation.jpg

Last edited:
I may be able to make it. I have had so many car events this month the wife is getting pissed. She may be playing tennis that AM so I may be good, we'll see. I will know later in the week.

Simon, are you palnning a lunch? Remember Umani in Croton?:biggrin:

Hope to see y'all then.

Tytus

Last edited:
Simon,

What brand is the gas station?
Does your cell phone # still end in xx15? If not, PM me your latest # in case we get lost.

Frank

where are the NYC people meeting up?

We (Honcho, Arista, Kingkong) can meet at BP Gas Station/Dunkin Donuts:
Time: 8:15AM

If you are coming from Queens or Long Island, take the very first exit after the ThrogsNeck Bridge that is about 200 yards on the right. The gas station is right after the stop sign. The cross island may have traffic so you may want to take to LIE to Clearview (Be careful of cops on the clearview), then to the Throgs Neck Bridge.

If you take the Whitestone bridge...please look it up online.

Simon,

What brand is the gas station?
Does your cell phone # still end in xx15? If not, PM me your latest # in case we get lost.

Frank

Hi Frank,
I don't know the brand of the gas station. My cell is the same.

Simon

im coming north nj... where can i meet you people at? :biggrin:

probably bringing a 350z buddy of mine

We'll be going N on 287 in NJ, hitting the Palisades Parkway from 287E/87S in NY. So, any suggested meet points along that route are OK.

so where is the meet spot and time????? i have poor navigation skills so i rely on my garmin haha

Last edited:
Back