• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TN/NC Mountain Drive - July 13 - 14, 2019 - Official Announcement

OK. Liz Graves has finalized all the details for the first - what we hope to be - annual event for all NSX Owners in the Southeast (and beyond). See below the agenda for the weekend. A list with links to three recommended hotels for out of town participants is now included.

Additionally we'd like to get an idea as to how many plan to attend, so please add your name to the list here. (Actual or Prime ID) Looking forward to a great weekend at the famous mountain roads on the TN/NC border!

Summer SE Regional NSX Event: TN/NC Mountain Drive

Join fellow NSX owners and friends for a full day of scenic driving through the Smokey Mountains of TN and NC, enjoy some good food, and stick around for one of the largest Cars & Coffee events in the South East.

Itinerary:

Meet: 9:30am – 10am …At The Artistic Bean (8027 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Townsend, TN 37882)

This meeting point has food and on-brand gas (Shell/Marathon) available < 1 mile away at Townsend IGA or literally next door. The meeting time allows for regional travel morning-of without a hotel stay from Asheville/Atlanta/Charlotte/Nashville (~4hrs, 6am departure).

Drive: Depart ~10:15-10:45 Starting with the new Section of foothills pkwy old foothills pkwy dragon (~90+ minutes) Lunch

Lunch: Convene for lunch at Topoco Lodge/Grill: ~11:45am (14981 Tapoco Rd, Robbinsville, NC 28771)

Drive More: Re-depart ~12:30 – 1:30pm (flexible)

Official: Cherohala Skyway Tellico Plains hwy 68/411/72/Northshore Dr. Dinner (~2.5 hr drive back to Dinner location)

Optional: More laps of Dragon US129 I140 Dinner

Dinner: ~6pm Lakeside Tavern (10911 Concord Park Dr, Knoxville, TN 37922)

Leaving Tapoco at 2, you could still be to dinner venue by 4:30 on the longer Skyway route, so this allows time for folks to take their time, stop and see the views, or check into a hotel, shower, and change before dinner if so-desired. Lakeside is not a formal restaurant per-se, “business casual” is typical, shorts & t-shirt are totally OK.

Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ny5HPG6NnJjdHzwS8

Sunday Cars & Coffee Harper Cars & Coffee Early Sunday Morning @ West Town Mall

Hotel Recommendations:
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tyskw-springhill-suites-knoxville-at-turkey-creek/
https://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/...ville-west-at-turkey-creek-TYSHWHW/index.html
https://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/h...ille-turkey-creek-farragut-TYSTCHX/index.html

I plan on attending this exciting event:[/I][/B]

1. Liz & Richard Graves
2. John Komar (99NCNSX)
3. Dave Komar (combatdad)
4. cccoltsicehockey
5. chudson1549
6. Chris (SC)
7. Ray (SC)
8. Alberto (SC)
9. WayneB (NC)

TN-NC Mountain Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Sign me up. I'll probably drive down Wednesday and stay at Fontana Village so if anyone wants to show up early and do some driving on Thursday or Friday let me know.

Bob

This looks really fun. Would anyone mind if I were to bring something other than my NSX?

Not a problem...what would that be?

This is going to be an extremely exciting event. Don't miss it.

Hi folks. PSA for those not on the book of Face: - This is probably preaching to the choir here, but as a heads-up for those coming into TN from other states in a couple of weeks, they've just passed a new cellphone law here that they're proud of in Nashville. So....just make sure you have a mount or bluetooth or whatever because invariably they'll be looking to make a point this month. Details of the law on www.handsfreetn.com

Sounds like fun. Count me in.

Hal Gunner

Look forward to seeing you Hal. Right now looks like we may have about 15 -18 attending

We should see you guys there. Staying in Maryville

Charles, If you are staying in Maryville, may I pass along your number to my brother-in-laws? He lives there and purchased my '97 NA2. He plans to join ya'll for the ride and this will be his first gathering with the NSX crowd. He will be at NSXPO as well.

I was really looking forward to this, but have a conflict. Please strike me from the list for this year. :(
Have fun everyone!

Hi folks, if you see this please respond below if you're planning to stick around for Cars & Coffee so I can get the Harper folks a quasi-accurate headcount! Thanks!

I will be attending Harper Cars and Coffee.

Bummer cmc. Was going to try and see if I could get a ride in your new ride. Those have always intrigued me since they came out.

Day-of Breakfast note: Artistic Bean, in addition to coffee, does offer a modest selection of pastries. Plan accordingly if you prefer something more substantial for breakfast. From the coffee shop, it's ~hour and a half / two hours to the lunch stop.

Please pass that info along to anyone who's attending, but may not be regularly on the internet :)

I didnt see Bill and Mary Proffitt on the list. They bought Todd Nunnally 97 NSX. Todd contacted to tell me his brother will be joining us. Bill is not on Prime.

I'm in. Coming from N. Ga. So, I won't make the initial meet-up in Townsend TN. ToD is about 3 hrs from my home. I'll reach that area about ~10am, and rendezvous as the group makes its' way SB on 129, to join the line-up and continue to Robbinsville from there.

Hope everyone has realistic expectations about doing any 'zesty' driving... On a prime-time summer weekend on 129/ToD, it will be a 15-20 mph bumper-to-bumper parade procession, not spirited country driving. Still, it will be nice to convene with other owners. If any participants are up for alternatives, I know the secret stashes of NC mountain byways that escape the attention of the crowds.

Hope everyone has realistic expectations about doing any 'zesty' driving... On a prime-time summer weekend on 129/ToD, it will be a 15-20 mph bumper-to-bumper parade procession, not spirited country driving. Still, it will be nice to convene with other owners. If any participants are up for alternatives, I know the secret stashes of NC mountain byways that escape the attention of the crowds.

Understood - will you be participating? Which NSX will you be driving? Valencia Red is my favorite color. Hope to see you.

Back