• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beautiful Sunday Drive

:biggrin: This past weekend my wife and I drove from Dallas to Canyon Lake ( Southwest of Austin) to see her Uncle. Hurricane Rita turned it's path towards LA so I knew we would not get any severe weather. Driving out Friday night we had several people slow down and oogle over the car and a couple of people taking pictures. Sunday we left during the day and decided to take a scenic route .We come to this twisty road and I was just in awe :biggrin: I told my wife that this is what the NSX is built for. The road is called Devils Backbone by the locals ( believe it was 2324) and it has a 50 mph speed limit. But you can go over that no problem in the NSX. The views were awesome as we were having fun going through the turns and I just had this smile on my face :) Even on the way home from Austin to Dallas people were still looking at the car like they have never seen one before. It is a normal NSX-T ( red/black lea) chrome wheels with spacers) Thats it! But it is an NSX and I still believe that this is the best car out there. For the reliability, technology and performance it is the best! Plus I got almost 30mpg durning the trip! What other car can do that!!! Just so happy to have an NSX and can't wait till Fall to take that top off :biggrin:

Kenny - I'm glad you enjoyed Devil's Backbone. When I lived in San Antonio, I made it a point to take that route to Austin every other week, just to lose myself in the moment. That road is definitely an adrenaline rush. Plus, I've never seen a single police officer on the prowl out there.

Todd

That road is great plus there is a great old dive bar on that road. I went to school in San Marcos at what used to be Southwest Texas State University. Great area of Texas. I miss it! Thanks for the reminder.

Paul

Back