• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEST EVER NSX wanted posting!

Ha ha, well my second thought back on Dec 28th (first thought was some happy disbelief) was that I'd miss the fun challenge of thinking up a new idea every 4 weeks and turning it into something real in just a few hours the day before the 1st. It's fun to create something potentially entertaining to others but it was very fun to have a goal like finding an nsx as the motivation. Like I mentioned earlier, the drive to create and share jokey stuff like this hasn't surfaced much since college other than occasional design requests from friends for brochure artwork or CD covers every 2-3 years...just not enough to really scratch the itch. If any marketing/advertising types here have needs that might also help rescue a creative type from engineering cubicle/computer monitor hell, feel free to drop a PM! Or side projects?? Hmmm... Now that I've been scratching the itch every 4 weeks I'm going to have to think of something new to keep the ball rolling. I guess now too I can also finally work on my nsx prime decal ideas. Or maybe an NSXPO-PGH logo one day...

As it turns out though it seems the goofy ads worked out better than I ever expected. They kept the attention of a low-key prime member who initially wasn't ready to be a seller - someone who also happened to be an original owner of a completely unmodified '93 GPW...

Three more days! :)

Good morning, BWI...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368274314.082170.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368274314.082170.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
YINZER'S big day

Has finally arrived :biggrin: :cool: :biggrin:

And it brought a cocktail along!

BWI.....British West Indies?

Oops sorry - BWI was the layover to ISP on Long Island.

Had a lot of fun at Rubio Premier Motors for a quick look on a hoist. If you're on Long Island and need to service, modify, or buy a car - this is an awesome shop to consider.

IMG_2073 copy.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

Then a quick drop in at the seller's "office."

IMG_2097.jpg

I thought it would be fun to post a few pictures in real time today but NY didn't seem to like my Pittsburgh phone so I guess this is enough for today. And now a little nap for me and The Yeti before the Penguins Islanders game tonight and the 9 hour get-to-know-you ride home tomorrow. Thanks for riding along. :)

Last edited:
congratulations in finally getting what you wanted...im sorry i could not part with mine when you reached out to me..but i searched for years as well and still enjoy her as much as i did when i first got her...garage queen she is....enjoy the ride home i am five minutes from coliseum where the islander game....your photos would not open up would love to see photos...

Congrats and it was great talking to you. Hope you enjoy her. And yea the photos arent showing on my iphone either.

Rats. I uploaded the pictures with tapatalk but switched in & out of the app during the last post using a draft message so maybe something happened there. Oh well, I'll re-up them later this week after I finally wake up from a looooong weekend. :) The NSX is sleeping and now in 5 minutes it's my turn... Before anyone asks, no that's not the actual seller license plate, I removed all but the final two letters out of respect for his privacy just in case. Kind of interesting because I officially bought the car on the 11th, I closed my Wanted thread at post #11, I started updating my Wanted posts on the 1st day of the month, I looked at the trip odo today when it said 111.1, Neal started this thread on July the 11th, and tonight I just noticed his license plate. One of my favorite numbers has always been 11. Guess what number I think GPW is? Only "1" guess allowed. Gotta find out if the car was Christened on 5/11/93....

Good night and glad to be officially "allowed" to post in the "Owner's" group!

Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 11.15.39 PM.jpg

Da*n nice looking GPW there :cool:
Sincere congratulations. Very happy for you. :smile:

MORE pics! :welcoming:

I have big thanks to many on Prime who helped a lot along the way or pointed out options like that one above, but I think I owe biggest thanks to sellers who either raised their $$ on my asking-price offer or just changed their mind.

Congrats Andy!

I'm one of those above that changed their mind... and glad I did, but also glad to see you got what you wanted. Enjoy!

Congrats Andy!
I'm going to drive through your neighborhood whenever possible now in hopes of catching a glimpse :D

Ok I fixed the picture links above. :) Thanks everyone - a few quick responses:

Congrats on the purchase!
There is a DC group up in your area today at Tony Lukes if you want to show off your ride to other enthusiasts (http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...y-cheesesteak-run-saturday-may-18-2013-a.html). Sadly, I couldn't make it though.

Thanks for that and also for the invite - but I was on Long Island eventually this weekend! DC is close enough that I'll hopefully make an event sometime.

congratulations in finally getting what you wanted...im sorry i could not part with mine when you reached out to me..but i searched for years as well and still enjoy her as much as i did when i first got her...garage queen she is....enjoy the ride home i am five minutes from coliseum where the islander game....your photos would not open up would love to see photos...

Doc - love to hear that about your NSX. I'm glad to hear it's still a thrill and am glad you said no to my fishing emails around August of 2012... I'm really glad with the one that I found. :)

Congrats and it was great talking to you. Hope you enjoy her. And yea the photos arent showing on my iphone either.

Raj - really disappointed that I was so discombobulated Sunday morning that I forgot to call en route towards NYC for a quick fly-by. I was juggling a very finicky iPhone/GPS, way more Sunday AM traffic than I expected (likely due to Mother's Day), extreme lack of sleep, and a very new NSX that kind of distracted me. I even forgot to take a picture of me and the seller before I left. That's OK, I'll be heading back in June to pick up the remaining "extras" from him and will hopefully be able to meet up and see yours.

Da*n nice looking GPW there :cool:
Sincere congratulations. Very happy for you. :smile:

Thanks Neal! Will be seeing you in person in P-town soon...

Congrats Andy!

I'm one of those above that changed their mind... and glad I did, but also glad to see you got what you wanted. Enjoy!

David, thanks! Honestly, I'm sure I would have been super happy with your ex-TheDon67's car back in 2011 when we first talked but I'm glad you kept yours and things worked out as they did - I started my search wanting black or silver but I've owned two black cars and I currently own a silver. Later I locked in on that it was time for the white car I'd always wanted but had yet to own. Looking forward to meeting up one day. And just so you know, to this day this picture of your car is one of my favorite NSX pictures ever:

515160713_qN7MR-X3.jpg

Congrats Andy!
I'm going to drive through your neighborhood whenever possible now in hopes of catching a glimpse :biggrin:

We're all going to meet up soon! You likely won't see it parallel parked in South Side anytime soon though...I'll never park a nice car on the city streets overnight again if I can help it!

Well I'm totally exhausted. Got into PGH around 6:30 yesterday but didn't get home till 10:30 after all was said & done. Went into work late today, got home late, but all good. A few quickies and I'll be back sometime later. :)

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

First time it was in the rain in maybe a decade, on Saturday afternoon:
IMG_2072.jpg

First minute with the car solo on Sunday morning, heading home:
IMG_2127.jpg

First bird poop, a minute away from Carla and theDon's house:
IMG_2140.jpg

And first tunnel run in mid-PA:
IMG_2144.jpg

First sighting of my exit thru the NSX windshield:

IMG_2161.jpg

So thanks again Jan!!

Good night everyone and sweet dreams of all your favorite things! :)

Congrats Andy! Looking forward to your formal write-up on this trip. Thanks for keeping me in the loop with all the emails. Your NSX is purty! :)

Haven't had access since May 11th, so I'm catching up with the going's on this past week when I ran across this bit of excitement! Congratulations, Yinzer!

Andy, this is such great news!!! Congrats on the purchase! Your patience has paid off big time, and what a beautiful example.

I'm going to take a stab at the VIN.

jh4na1156pt000011

or

jh4na1157pt001111, which if you round the check digit bumps up to jh4na1158pt001111

How'd I do?

Awesome!! I would personally keep driving through the tunnels at VTEC!! :)

Thanks Mitch! You played a major role in my finding mine and you don't even know it yet. I hope to post something in New Owners later this week. Was out of town 2 weekends in a row with zero free time since picking it up on the 11th. Looking forward very much to the upcoming 3 day wknd.

Separately, you know you picked a good seller when he casually throws this in during a short email exchange about replacing the rear tires.

"...and while you are at it have them spin balance the fronts. I think I got a slight vibration at 130 that I did not have with the original tires."

Back