• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best lease deal so far?

Isn't there a finance charge somewhere that's close to $400/month?

Yes, the monthly finance charge (also known as the monthly lease fee, which is directly affected by the MF) is $459.65 to be exact, while the monthly depreciation fee (which is directly affected by the residual value percent) is $684.44. These two total $1144.09. On top of this, you pay your sales tax.

Here is a sample calculation of the buyer's lease (tax rate 7.25%):

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 10.30.05 PM.png

Yes, the monthly finance charge (also known as the monthly lease fee, which is directly affected by the MF) is $459.65 to be exact, while the monthly depreciation fee (which is directly affected by the residual value percent) is $684.44. These two total $1144.09. On top of this, you pay your sales tax.

View attachment 149425

Cal is absolutely correct, the formula for calculating a lease is

(Capitalized Cost - Residual Value) / Lease term = Monthly Depreciation
(Capitalized Cost + Residual Value) x Money Factor = Monthly Lease Charge

Monthly Depreciation + Monthly Lease Charge = Total Monthly payment (not including Tax, Title, License fees).

The tricky thing with the NSX leases comes when calculating the tax because the money from Acura is a down payment assistance program and not a discount off of MSRP.

View attachment 149425

thanks for posting that up - if we can find a deal for a $206k like that above we will buy one now. Otherwise with rumors about the Type-R coming out we may just sit this out till the new car arrives.

What "rumors"...

There is no plan for a Type R as of now but potential discussions are to be had shortly.

thanks for posting that up - if we can find a deal for a $206k like that above we will buy one now. Otherwise with rumors about the Type-R coming out we may just sit this out till the new car arrives.

I do not believe we will see a Type R before 2021. Plenty of time to drive and enjoy a '17.

Cal is absolutely correct, the formula for calculating a lease is

(Capitalized Cost - Residual Value) / Lease term = Monthly Depreciation
(Capitalized Cost + Residual Value) x Money Factor = Monthly Lease Charge

Monthly Depreciation + Monthly Lease Charge = Total Monthly payment (not including Tax, Title, License fees).

The tricky thing with the NSX leases comes when calculating the tax because the money from Acura is a down payment assistance program and not a discount off of MSRP.

Anyone know of a new Nsx I could pick up for these numbers? Working a few deals but it seems they want to make more money on me on the money factor and possibly price. Anyone have a hook up??

Anyone know of a new Nsx I could pick up for these numbers? Working a few deals but it seems they want to make more money on me on the money factor and possibly price. Anyone have a hook up??

I am a dealer, but if I sold for the numbers some guys are posting here I would be $15k to $25k back of my cost on the car. Not sure which dealers would be willing to do that, and the ones that are I can’t understand why. I’m willing to sell and break even and give someone a solid deal, but can’t fathom why cars are being sold at such a huge loss...

Last edited:
I am a dealer, but if I sold for the numbers some guys are posting here I would be $15k to $25k back of my cost on the car. Not sure which dealers would be willing to do that, and the ones that are I can’t understand why. I’m willing to sell and break even and give someone a solid deal, but can’t fathom why cars are being sold at such a huge loss...

His lips are moving.....

My friend has a curva red with 3k miles and his Acura dealer would only give $105k for it. He then tried at the Porsche dealer and they would do $110k. Interesting how Acura has lost faith on resale value. Anyone who does a lease for more than $1300 a month with zero down is paying too much (my opinion only).
Acura dealerships are getting tons of calls now on people looking for deals and they are no longer doing killer discounts.

Wait a year and get used for under $100k. Trust me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deals are still out there. My friend got a 88 mile exposure car 199 MSRP for 132k just last week (purchase not lease). They are still sending 17's to the dealerships.
Two weeks ago there were under 90 brand new cars for sale now as of today it's 107. I wonder how many new builds are sitting at the factory. They will have to offer bigger than 55k discounts to move these 200-205 msrp cars IMO
18'S are just around the corner. Soft market for such a spectacular car!

Last edited:
Is this a good deal or should I wait for a better deal.
MSRP of $199300 you can be $1337.63 with $5500 down.The $1337.63 includes the [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Florida state tax 6%.[/FONT]

Deals are still out there. My friend got a 88 mile exposure car 199 MSRP for 132k just last week (purchase not lease). They are still sending 17's to the dealerships.
Two weeks ago there were under 90 brand new cars for sale now as of today it's 107. I wonder how many new builds are sitting at the factory. They will have to offer bigger than 55k discounts to move these 200-205 msrp cars IMO
18'S are just around the corner. Soft market for such a spectacular car!
nothing sits at the factory for an extended amount of time. once its complete, a week later its shipped. its not like other cars that sit at the port for distribution.

MSRP of $199300 you can be $1337.63 with $5500 down.The $1337.63 includes the Florida state tax 6%.

Is that $5500 drive-off or just cap cost reduction? If that is the total drive-off, that looks like a very good deal.

It’s drive drive off. Also not a expousure car.

Assuming the $5500 is total drive off (1st payment, tax on $30k incentive, acquisition fee, TTL, etc) and no additional cap cost reduction from your part, then $1337.63/month tax included is an insane deal for a non-exposure car. In order to get that payment, you need a discount of almost 14.5%, the full $30k incentive, base MF, and only $5k miles/yr for a 3 year lease. Are you sure this is not an exposure car? ~14.5% off MSRP is well below invoice (and holdback FWIW). Take that deal and run before someone else does or they change their mind.

I think most of these deals are for exposure cars with additional money from Acura...

Assuming the $5500 is total drive off (1st payment, tax on $30k incentive, acquisition fee, TTL, etc) and no additional cap cost reduction from your part, then $1337.63/month tax included is an insane deal for a non-exposure car. In order to get that payment, you need a discount of almost 14.5%, the full $30k incentive, base MF, and only $5k miles/yr for a 3 year lease. Are you sure this is not an exposure car? ~14.5% off MSRP is well below invoice (and holdback FWIW). Take that deal and run before someone else does or they change their mind.

You are absolutly correct Cal. Invoice on a $199k car is $184ish, and that dealer is absolutely losing money on that. If they offered you that deal you better take it while it is still on the table!

I think most of these deals are for exposure cars with additional money from Acura...

That would be my guess as well. I did a little market study on Friday and called around to 20 different dealerships across the country posing as a customer. After negotiating price with each most were giving the $30k from Acura and initially hesitant to discount anything more than that. Once I started hammering them on questions about invoice price, money factor, exposure cars, they realized I was educated on the situation. On the $200k MSRP cars I was typically getting $30k down payment assistance plus a $7k-$10k discount from the dealers.

If you can get the dealer to give you anything over $10k on a low miles or non exposure car plus the $30k from Acura I would say consider it. If you can get a $15k plus the $30k from Acura you should take that deal immediately before someone else does.

As of right now $30k from Acura goes away after January but may get extended if there are still a good number of 17's available.

MSRP of $199300 you can be $1337.63 with $5500 down.The $1337.63 includes the [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Florida state tax 6%.[/FONT]

That is a SMOKING deal assuming colors work for you!!!!

Last edited:

If you don’t buy it, please share...

If ac360 doesn't go for his, maybe you can ask him for the details.

[/COLOR]
+1...Ac360, if you don't decide on that one, help out your fellow nsx members.
I paid the deposit down today and waiting on approval. It was $5500 down $1261 plus tax $1337 drive off on $199,300 car. Not an exposure car.

Back