• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Motoring International FUJIFAST Comments - Spoiler Warning*

Re: Re: BMI NSX-R vs. Murcielago

MAKO said:
Did you miss the part where I clearly talked about the translation?

Read my post again, this time take off your rose colored NSX glasses. The translation came from a buddy of mine who SPEAKS JAPANESE, so I'm not sure what universe you're living in to debate it in such a rediculous way.
I'm wearing glasses, but they're not tinted. Maybe you are color blind?

As I said above, I appreciate your original post and your translation of the announcer's comments on the Lambo. But if you re-read my post you will see that I based my opinion on the simple facts of the race, not on the announcer's comments. If a skilled driver looses control of their car in a race, nearly spins out, ends up on the dirt, and allows another car to pass then I would have to say that the car is being driven hard, wouldn't you?

Re: Re: Re: BMI NSX-R vs. Murcielago

hatchback said:

As I said above, I appreciate your original post and your translation of the announcer's comments on the Lambo. But if you re-read my post you will see that I based my opinion on the simple facts of the race, not on the announcer's comments. If a skilled driver looses control of their car in a race, nearly spins out, ends up on the dirt, and allows another car to pass then I would have to say that the car is being driven hard, wouldn't you?

I personally have NEVER seen or heard any video with a translation. The only people that seem to have heard it are MAKO and ALLAN. Both like LAMBO's far more than any NSX. If a video with translation is out there, please post the link.

I agree with hatchback. While the NSX was driven harder, the lambo was driven pretty hard also.

That's because there is no translation video Viper, you have to get someone in the room, or send them your copy, to translate it for you.

And I do NOT like Lamborghinis "far more" than the NSX, do NOT put me in the same breath as Allan.

I DO like the 360CS and the Gallardo a $hitload more than my NSX 3.2L, because I focus on MODELS, not MANUFACTURERS. The Gallardo to me is the next NSX, because Audi has delivered everything I wanted Honda to: 500HP, a V-10 with a high redline, a compact body that's close to F355 dimensions, and an E-gear system that works properly.

Put a Honda badge on it and this forum goes crazy, annointing it as revolutionary to the market as the first NSX was. The same goes for the 360CS. Put a Honda badge on it, and this forum proclaims it king of all sportscars. I would agree with both feelings by the way, the 360CS and Gallardo are that far above the bar right now, and that's why both of them are dominating comparison tests in Euro and American mags against all other competition.

I also would never own a Murcielago, it's too big for me, I lean towards the Elise side of the sportscar spectrum. I would even own an NSX-R over a Murci, as crazy as that sounds, because the R is approximately 1,000lbs. lighter, and weight for me is always the enemy.

So there's nothing for me to gain by disparaging the R versus the Murci in that Motoring video, but the truth is the truth. When BestMotoring editors themselves are telling you that they weren't allowed to run a car as hard as they could in several areas, I pretty much take that to mean that it's true.

Why would they lie?

I don't think we all have rose coloured NSX glasses on, though some do. I know that a wealth of evidence and common knowledge suggest many cars that exceed ours in many ways, but I love my NSX for it's own virtues. It's the perfect car for me. Even though it's not perfect. On another note, I loved Mako's face-qualified response. I laughed my a$$ off!:D :D :D

Back