• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Motoring Supercar Video

Hey, Allan got you guys there. You guys did go straight to the nsx instead of looking at all the other cars. Don't get me wrong I'm a NSX super freak but you guys did do what he said. Also from reading the post from this site for a few years I see that allan is not that bad of a guy so stop giving him a bad time. He just posted his opinion.

But hey allan look at the website. It is called "NSXPRIME" so I believe that the NSX is what these people the members want to know more about. Also it did great against all these cars seeing that it is less powerful than them all.

Just my thoughts I have to interact more with the NSX community. I barely post in this site. I bet most of the people here don't even know who I am.

Allan,
The driver in that comparo between Carrera 4S vs. NSX-R did NOT bog the launch with the Porsche, if you consider zero rear wheelspin is a proof of a bogged launch. Don't forget that he was driving the 4 wheel drive ver. of Carrera. Right?
wink.gif

More to come...... I'll be back !!!

Originally posted by Midnight_Raven:
I bet most of the people here don't even know who I am.

Happy birthday, Midnight_Raven!

And keep practicing at your sketches. Maybe when you graduate high school in a couple of years, you'll consider one of those design schools for college. I was just reading about how the lead designer of one of the hot new cars coming on the market is just five years out of Art Center College of Design (the school in Pasadena I mentioned is the leading source of automotive design graduates).

From what I read, it seemed Allan's original post was flavored with quite a bit of Lambo justification.

And from what I've read in the past, most of Allan's posts have been highly critical (rightly and wrongly) of the NSX. But this is an internet forum, if you can't take the abuse go elsewhere. And if Allen can't take the abuse he gets, I hope he moves on as well.

That being said, he's right about the video. The makers of the BMI video have a conspiracy against Lamborghini as a whole. They'll bog the launch, stop for lunch in the pit area, brake on the straight, and intentionally get the car out of shape mid-turn. I mean everyone knows how easy THEY are to drive! I think during the last Lambo test they even kept the ugly "SV" lettering on the car. BUT the Lambo did pass the NSX on the straight and that was the most important, as everyone knows, aspect of the test. Clearly, the Lambo is the overall winner. Add NAWWWSSS to it and well, reread some of Allan's prior posts.

[This message has been edited by Ponyboy (edited 13 December 2002).]

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
But this is an internet forum, if you can't take the abuse go elsewhere.

This is not merely an Internet forum - this is an Internet forum dedicated to *NSX enthusiasts* courtesy of Lud.

To consistently bash the NSX on such a forum is an exhibit of extreme poor taste.

I don't even know what's going on here. How many here can actually understand japanese? How many here realized that the most telling part of the entire part of the video is the dialogue exchange?

If you've seen other BMI videos, you will realize that they will talk about how they screwed up, how well the car handles compare to other cars they've driven, how the tires are not set-up correctly, and other factors. If they bog on a launch or mis-shift, they will actually say that they mis-shifted or screwed up. I wonder how many of you just press stop on ur VCR after the race or fast forward thru all the dialogue?

The fact is, we have no idea what they are trying to tell us. The one that they test the 911 Turbo vs Modena vs the JDM super sports that was dubbed in english didn't arouse alot of controversy since nothing was assumed. The 911 Turbo and Modena trounced the NSX and the 911 killed their Nismo tuned Skyline. At the end they even talked about the inferior power plants of JDM cars even when modded!. When they were racing the modena they would comment how the tire pressure is not set-up right for the track, that these conditions are not good for an NA or turbo car etc. I bet you they had some comments to say about each car and how the car would have performed better if "x" issues were addressed.

I've seen BMI videos where the exotics came in last. Why? Because the engine overheats or there was something wrong with the tranny. They will tell you why it came in last and why it didn't peform the way it should have performed. You just have to understand Japanese, that's all. Just because the results visually was not pleasing to you, doesn't mean the dialogue said in the end won't. The fact is, when it comes to BMI videos, the dialogue between the drivers is the most important part and we just don't understand it. Lamborghini actually had a representative talking about the car on that video! Best motoring is very respected and I don't think Lamborghini would endorse them and let them test the murcielago if they thought they were biased.

There was a 50 car test that included the diablo, F355, F40, F50, NSXs, Supra's, Porsches, Vipers, etc. It's Best Motoring Special volume 45.
http://www1.b-cle.com/contents/car/Ncd/best/backnumber/other/vol41_45.asp

They tested each car individually on the track. They drove the car around the track and recorded their fastest lap time. Remember, this is not 0-60 or quarter mile, but lap time. They didn't use the same driver for every car, but the same driver tested the RX-7 Type R, Diablo, MR2 GTS, Lancer Evo II GSR. I don't want to create any more controversy than there is, but the diablo wasn't the fastest among the cars this guy tested. Was the driver biased? Did he screw up? Does he hate the diablo? I don't think so, but I think there will always be owners that will disagree.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Well stated Ryan! Couldn't have said it better meself!
smile.gif

Ryan, I was going to chime in about that tidbit with the Lambo PR guy formally introducing the Mur early in the show, but I was too tired to continue (gotta get up @ 6 in the morning).

Anyway, Ryan's totally right. Why would BM invite Lambo (or vice versa?) to speak on behalf of the Mur, only to intentionally and maliciously rig the race against Murcielago's favor? That just doesn't jive with common sense at all. Heck, if anything, BM is MORE obliged to prove its competence, since Lambo Japan may even (dare I say) "compensate" them to "produce" the result Lambo Japan would like to see? And after watching it a few more times, I'm finally beginning to get what the BM reviewers are saying about each cars tested.

I have to say to begin with, that I only got about halfway through this thread before I had to write this down.

The Diablo is, like all Lamborghinis before it, and for that matter most of the cars made in that wonderful country of Italy, a piece of SH*T. Do they perform?, Yes. Are they georgeous to look at?, its subjective, but Yes. Are they constructed as if someone built them in the back yard?? You bet your Ziti eating ass they are!! Ferraris, and Lamborghinis, have got to be the WORST constructed, slapped together with whatever parts are in the bin, over priced pieces of Junk ever made!!

How do I know this (Allen will surely ask)?
I see them wrecked all of the time (several Ferraris, Maseratis, and Lambos go through my shop each month). When they are torn down, and put back together, in an authentic manner, so as to be less likely to look as though they were once wrecked, my techs, can only shake their heads at what they see has been done at the Factory. "What, we dont have any left side frame rails for the convertible version??? We'll just cut that section out of the coupe version rail (only on this side) and weld in a crude box piece for this side that fits"
It's horrible!!
I'd take the Z8 a hundred times before a Lambo. Fit and finish, quality of construction, not even close to the same league. I dont need a car to get chicks, and I know of few chicks who'd like to Climb into a Lamborghini, much less climb out, looking like a retaded contorsionist.

Allan, you are so unbeleivably byased to what you have aquired. The 348? a nice car??? Either you just dont know much about cars, or you have a serious self esteem problem!!

Sory for the rant, but I've just seen enough of this BS from this guy!!!

Steve

[This message has been edited by SJJ28 (edited 15 December 2002).]

Hey Steve is this your first experience of an Allen thread?They are all like this,and make entertaining reading.I don't even mind the narscistic glee,who can argue with nos on a lambo,which I'm sure runs like clockwork,bottle after bottle
rolleyes.gif
you'd think that car was beat to death,but its not taken out in the rain?Actualy my only confusion with Allen is his statement that he is not a racecar driver,yet he has got to be one of the most competitive guys on here.He just dos'nt want to admit that he is involved in the most dangerous unregulated series in motorsport:street racing.That cracks me up.He does have a strong fan base though.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
Ummm, I thought it was obvious. I was being facetious.
Sorry Ponyboy, that sarcasm you've made about the Mur went right over my head. My bad.
redface.gif

Speaking of Lambo, is Allan still among us? Hello?
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 16 December 2002).]

adding fuel to the fire regarding 1/4 mile time and how they don't relate... and another take on it:

http://www.nexttestdrive.net/p_of_speed.htm
wink.gif

By the way, I agree with Ryan about the BMI video's dialogue being of utmost importance when interprating the results from the battles. For instance, on the latest BMI release there is a battle where an MR-S was just plainly destroying the competition, but did not come in first, but third due to him PURPOSELY slowing. If you were not paying attention to the dialogue you would just assume that the MR-S was inferior to the two Sylvias breathing down it's neck.

anyway...I still don't see how 1/4 mile times and accel #s make it a clear victory for the lambo. I wish Allan could explain that one... Allan?

Originally posted by docjohn:
He just dos'nt want to admit that he is involved in the most dangerous unregulated series in motorsport:street racing.That cracks me up.

He's also involved in the most popular unregulated series in motorsport: bench racing.
biggrin.gif

Allan, and everyone else, Here's a quick recap of the video in question from someone who actually speaks Japanese.

#1 ALL of the drivers are international professional drivers. No one was sleeping at the wheel and no one was driving slow. The reason the Lambo driver didn't hit any of the curbing was because he was asked not to by the Lambo owners. The reason they do not launch hard on the drag strip is due to the viscous traction coupling. Apparently excessive power applied to the stock clutch burns it up. Either that or you have to dump the clutch, which the owners did not want them to do.

#2 The NSX-R was commented on by ALL casters to be faster through the corners than even the 911GT2.

#3 Kurosawa Motoharu who drove both the F-50 and Murcielago, did not like the Murcielago. He said it was leaps and bounds better than the Diablo, but still not a track oriented car.

#4 The F-50 was not stock. It had a Tubi exhaust. Thats it. Everything else was stock. They use that same F-50 in about 5 of their video's, and last year it barely managed to finish ahead of an F-40.

#5 The Murcielago is heavy. Very heavy compared to the other cars. That was the biggest complaint everyone had was weight. It also would exhibit some understeer when accelerating, which is why they couldn't get on the throttle earlier.

Kurosawa Takuya (driving the Murcielago) who has competed in CART, said that if the Murcielago came with stiffer suspension and increased suspension stroke in the rear, it might go faster around the track. All of the casters agree that the Lambo was street oriented.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
Ok Nsxtasy, ill get out my other 30 magazines and tell you what they say. Like i said, but you failed to answer my question in the other topic, "How many miles have you driven in either car? " I have driven thousands of miles in Diablos, and atleast a thousand miles in a Z8. Any Diablo, will smoke a Z8.

Personally I like the opinion of a guy who has driven the cars in question, but I would like someone to post a link to the video in question if possible.

[This message has been edited by rickro (edited 10 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Edo:
Allan, and everyone else, Here's a quick recap of the video in question from someone who actually speaks Japanese.

#1 ALL of the drivers are international professional drivers. No one was sleeping at the wheel and no one was driving slow. The reason the Lambo driver didn't hit any of the curbing was because he was asked not to by the Lambo owners. The reason they do not launch hard on the drag strip is due to the viscous traction coupling. Apparently excessive power applied to the stock clutch burns it up. Either that or you have to dump the clutch, which the owners did not want them to do.

#2 The NSX-R was commented on by ALL casters to be faster through the corners than even the 911GT2.

#3 Kurosawa Motoharu who drove both the F-50 and Murcielago, did not like the Murcielago. He said it was leaps and bounds better than the Diablo, but still not a track oriented car.

#4 The F-50 was not stock. It had a Tubi exhaust. Thats it. Everything else was stock. They use that same F-50 in about 5 of their video's, and last year it barely managed to finish ahead of an F-40.

#5 The Murcielago is heavy. Very heavy compared to the other cars. That was the biggest complaint everyone had was weight. It also would exhibit some understeer when accelerating, which is why they couldn't get on the throttle earlier.

Kurosawa Takuya (driving the Murcielago) who has competed in CART, said that if the Murcielago came with stiffer suspension and increased suspension stroke in the rear, it might go faster around the track. All of the casters agree that the Lambo was street oriented.

Nice job!

Originally posted by rickro:
Personally I like the opinion of a guy who has driven the cars in question, but I would like someone to post a link to the video in question if possible.

[This message has been edited by rickro (edited 10 January 2003).]

I picked it up at Super Autobacs in Tokyo. Unfortunately, the japanese DVD format will not work on US players so I had to buy VHS. I am having the video transferred from VHS to mpeg format and should have it back within 2 weeks.
-Tony

[This message has been edited by AutoVation (edited 06 February 2003).]

Back