• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Place to buy a used NSX in NY Area?

Hello Everyone.

Anyone know a good place to buy a used NSX in the NYC area? I'd like to purchase an NSX in good condition, and i'm weary of purchasing one through individuals or e-bay. Anyone know a good dealer in the NY area that has a good reputation and good prices on used NSX's?

Thanks

Victor

Call around to your local acura dealers.....second i would check autotrader ..... lots of dealers list nsx for sale there.Look in the DuPont Registry ..its a magazine that sells high end vehicles. If you need someone to check out the car for you or go with you please make a post.Lastly read the faq on here and check the for sale section frequently.

There is really no "best place" to find an NSX. You must do your homework, and if necessary do some travelling. If you try to limit your georaphic area to much, it could take you a year oor more(which it took me) to find your car. Good Luck!!

I found my NSX on AutoTrader.com. The car was in a garage 6 miles from my house in mint condition. There seems to be a good amount of NSXes in Mass. on AutoTrader.com maybe NYC will be the same.

I bought mine new from Rallye Acura , Roslyn, Long Island.

http://www.acuradealer.com/rallye/
They were great to deal with. I actually bought it over the phone. Delivery took 30 minutes. Very smooth and professional. They are a huge high-line Acura dealership. Very flashy.

Thanks alot everyone!

I'm still hunting, hopefully i'll find one. Although being always away in the military and work doesn't help either. :(

Regards.

Hi Victor
My name is Mitchell Smith from Mechanics Direct Modifiers and we are in MA not to far from you. We sell, inspect and repair NSX's.
Please call me to discuss what you are looking for. (978) 934-9395

Carson18.com Disaster

A kind member gave me a recommendation to deal with a place in NJ called Cars on 18 (www.carson18.com) and what a horrible experience I had.

I first found a 1998 NSX they had there for 49,950 (still pictured) that I wanted to buy. I told them I would be in there Sunday and asked if they wanted a cash deposit down. They said no, its not necessary. This was one of their salesman. I called 2 days later to say I was comming in to see the car, and said it was sold!

I was pretty angered, but figured I would give it one last shot with them. I spoke with their owner "Lee" about getting another one since the 1998 was sold. He said it was still available and that the other salesmen were wrong. :mad: I said fine, i'll be in this Sunday to see the car again!

I called 5 mins ago, and "Lee" said the 1998 was sold! :mad: He then tells me that he has a 2000 in inventory instead for $54,950 with 22,XXX miles. Not a bad deal at all, but I feel so fustrated right now with this dealer that I doubt I ever want to do business with them!

If anyone out there can help me please let me know. I am tired of getting jerked around. :(

Vic,

There is a message here and you are sending it:

"I doubt I ever want to do business with them!" You may want to listen to yourself:)

You will really need to inspect this car carefully. If you want help let me know. Sunday might work for me:). Find out if they have a shop there with a lift.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
Vic,

There is a message here and you are sending it:

"I doubt I ever want to do business with them!" You may want to listen to yourself:)

You will really need to inspect this car carefully. If you want help let me know. Sunday might work for me:). Find out if they have a shop there with a lift.

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks Larry.

I'm not going over there to buy anything, I just can't believe they could do this to me, or anyone out there. It's funny you mention Sunday too, they suggested I go there Sunday to see the 2000 NSX-T car and they said it would be available. Coincidentally, the car is also on e-bay with no reserve and the expiration on Sunday!

They didn't mention that either. :mad:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24171

This car has been totally restored to like new condition mechanically and cosmetically....its got all the upgrades that you would want .....New clutch and tranny has less then 1000 miles on it, neither one of the componets had any problems they were just up graded....Larry B can vouche for the mechanical status of this car i think as he worked on it for many hours installing the clutch and tranny.Please check the post for the rest of the goodies.I have no financial interest or gain in posting this.

used NSX's at Greenwich Acura

I was there on Monday picking up my car (long story on this one, for another time) but they had a couple of used NSX's on the lot. Correction, I just checked their on-line inventory, they have 3, an 01 White coupe 2500miles, an 01 Red-T 4136miles and a 98 Black-T with 31037 miles. The asking prices are high, but negotiable. They are a good and honest shop, and the largest dealer of NSX's in the east. They used to be the largest in the country, but I'm not sure if that's still the case. I live locally, and if you want me to meet with you there, let me know. Of course, I am not representing any of the above cars, and have no interest in them, ............and all the rest of the necessary disclaimers. Good luck in your search, when you do get one, you'll have one of these on your face all the time :D

Thanks alot everyone.

I'd prefer something like a 1997+ NSX-T in immaculate condition. I'm going to give them a call and see what they have in stock. Once again everyone, thanks for your support and I look forward to seeing you at future NSX meets.

Oh my god...how funny. I just sent a PM to some guy that wanted me to check out a car for him at the same place, a yellow one.

I told him this dude that in July I went down there to look at an NSX for someone else, and I got completely ignored. I even showed up in my own NSX (not that it should matter). Cars On 18 even knew I was coming!! The place is an hour away, and I sat for 40 minutes before I just got up and walked out. Anyway the car I was looking at was in less then perfect condition, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Re: used NSX's at Greenwich Acura

RPM217 said:
Correction, I just checked their on-line inventory, they have 3, an 01 White coupe 2500miles, an 01 Red-T 4136miles and a 98 Black-T with 31037 miles. The asking prices are high, but negotiable. They are a good and honest shop, and the largest dealer of NSX's in the east. They used to be the largest in the country, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

My girlfriend lives ~1 mile away from there, so I drive by Greenwich Acura all the time. While they used to have a very decent inventory of new and used NSXs in the past (behind the fence), and their claim of #1 NSX dealership in the country, they no longer do. One of the managers that used to work there left a while back (at least 3 years ago?) and went to Paragon Acura in Queens. I stopped by Paragon once and they had a huge inventory of new and used NSXs. At least at Paragon, the NSXs were kept inside on lifts (where all 4 tires sat on ramps and not like a service lift where the arms go under each of the lift points on the car), whereas Greenwich used to keep their NSXs outside, just locked behind the fence. These weren't the same NSXs because at the time I went to Paragon, Greenwich still had their inventory.

I went to Greenwich a long time ago on their "large inventory and #1 NSX dealership" days, but their take it or leave it attitude gave me no choice but to leave, and got mine somewhere else. I'm sure salesman there have come and gone since my visit, but I'm glad I waited and got my NSX somewhere else.

Sorry to say, but Greenwich Acura's dealership appearance is marginal compared to all other dealerships in town, especially with Miller Motorcars (Ferrari dealership) right across the street, and other dealerships that have remodeled/currently remodeling and building new sites (i.e. Masarati, Benz, Porsche, etc.).

RPM217 said:
I was there on Monday picking up my car (long story on this one, for another time)

I'd like to hear your story regarding picking up your car there. We have to get together soon so I can see how your V-1 was installed.

Ciao...
170.gif

Re: Re: used NSX's at Greenwich Acura

I'd like to hear your story regarding picking up your car there. We have to get together soon so I can see how your V-1 was installed.

Ciao...
170.gif
[/B]

I had the same experience there and was turned off by there sales tactics....i also heard the story as he calledn me about three minutes after posting here....all i can say is im glad its not my car.

Re: Re: Re: used NSX's at Greenwich Acura

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I had the same experience there and was turned off by there sales tactics....i also heard the story as he calledn me about three minutes after posting here....all i can say is im glad its not my car.

I don't know what happened but feeling terrible already wondering what did.
139.gif

Wow, I didn't realize how taxing of an endeavor this was going to be to find a decient NSX.

I am looking personally for a 1997+ that is in good condition and is being offered preferably by an Acura Dealer (so I have some assurance the car is in good condition vs. buying from someone else). I also wanted to trade in my 2001 Accord V6 torwards the NSX to offset the cost somewhat.

After doing tons of research, most of the NSX's I found (even through Acura dealers) are aquired through auctions. I get a ton of "leave a desposit and we'll find you a car" lines, but i'd actually like to have the upper hand in picking out my own car instead of setting parameters for someone to do the picking for me. I called Paragon Acura, Rallye Acura, and Greenwich Acura and left messages with a salesman to please find me a car. To date, none have proactively called and told me they were trying, even when I told them I was ready to buy.

As most people on here have said, it took them a long time to find their NSX's, i'm really feeling that now. :(

I found mine at Hunting Ridge Motors in Port Chester, NY. I would deal with them again. They usually have a nice late model NSX in stock. Yes, it takes awhile to find a good one. Be ready to pounce when you find it!

jadkar said:
good luck....not to discourage you but read a little about my experience winning this one on Ebay. Keep looking you'll find the perfect one :D:D

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18111&highlight=JH4NA2160XT000184

Holy cow Jadkar, what an experience! :(

I'm going up to CT this Sunday (if they are open) to see what Greenwich Acura has in their inventory. There is a 1998 NSX-T with 30k miles i'm looking at for 53K. I'm not sure if thats a great deal or not, but it is an Acura Certified car.

BigVic said:
I'm going up to CT this Sunday (if they are open) to see what Greenwich Acura has in their inventory. There is a 1998 NSX-T with 30k miles i'm looking at for 53K. I'm not sure if thats a great deal or not, but it is an Acura Certified car.

With the internet at your disposal why chance going there when they will be closed on sunday.By the way you should call ahead and make an appointment.

Greenwich Acura
http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?...clickedItemURN=http://www.greenwichacura.com/

Sales
Sun Closed

Mon-Thu 9:00 AM-7:00 PM

Fri 9:00 AM-6:00 PM

Sat 9:00 AM-5:00 PM

jadkar said:
good luck....not to discourage you but read a little about my experience winning this one on Ebay. Keep looking you'll find the perfect one :D:D

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18111&highlight=JH4NA2160XT000184

90.gif
YAWZA, John! What a nightmare that turned out to be! I'm glad you stood your ground and walked away to the one you now own.

You may have felt like the walls were closing in around you, but all was not lost. The trick was to notice what was happening in enough time to change it, and you did that by paying attention to what was really going on, instead of trying to ignore it. Standing on your own two feet feels wonderful, especially when you were able to turn a potential disaster into a triumph. Well done...
209.gif

Based on my past experiences with car salesmen, the following quote is very appropriate: "I have learned humility by being humiliated, and honesty by being cheated."

The thought of all this just makes me wanna... UH OH...
30.gif

Acura NsX Pilot said:
With the internet at your disposal why chance going there when they will be closed on sunday.By the way you should call ahead and make an appointment.

The dealer stated no sale could be made on a Sunday, but the cars would be available for showing since he lived only a few blocks away. I thought that was nice of him, so I told him I would try and get down there during the week. I'm crossing my fingers after my last experience. :rolleyes:

Back