• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best...Wax...Ever

In my opinion, it's all about the prep (like most everything else).
I spent 13 hours last weekend on the paint of my daily driver (1998 Acura CL 3.0), 11 of those with an orbital. In the end, I just used some Griots wax, but the car looks unbelievable. And this is with a White car. I couldn't imagine the pain and suffering of owning a black car.

I am looking into buying the entire Griot's polishing system and buffer. My car is white also, and I want it to look new again. Did you use their entire set-up, or just the Griot's wax?

I am looking into buying the entire Griot's polishing system and buffer. My car is white also, and I want it to look new again. Did you use their entire set-up, or just the Griot's wax?

Zymol Concours applied with the bare hand for my GP White and I'm happy! BTW I have a PC Random Orbit - it's good- but I use it on my MDX only........

GP_White_05_NSX.jpg

Zymol Concours applied with the bare hand for my GP White and I'm happy! BTW I have a PC Random Orbit - it's good- but I use it on my MDX only........

GP_White_05_NSX.jpg

Excellent! What else do you use in team with that wax?

Excellent! What else do you use in team with that wax?

Hi Mitch..I use either Zymol HD Cleanse or P21S Paintwork Cleaner about every 6 months as prep....never clayed it yet. It sits covered in the garage. I wax it every couple months whether it needs it or not & always wash it before I put it away. So far so good!

I watched Chuck Bennent of Zymol do a demo at NSXPO '99 and the transformation of the NSX he was working on was amazing.....I wasn't too sure about putting the wax on the car using my bare hand vs an applicator sponge but it works with the Concours wax. To remove the wax I use Costco microfibre yellow cloths.

1 year on the Zaino and still going strong...

DSC02577.JPG

DSC02572.JPG

I am a believer...

1 year on the Zaino and still going strong...

DSC02577.JPG

I am a believer...

Why is ur inner exhaust tip cleaner than the outer?

This is not one of those "faux" dual tip systems is it?

car needs to be lowered too. It looks like ur about to go off roading. :tongue:

Wow, those text message abbreviations really make your posts hard to read...

This is an R/M exhaust with DTM tips...not faux tips. I believe the inners are cleaner because the flow is mostly forced to the outside tips.

Yeah yeah, I know. I have bilsteins on my list. The car is still at stock height for now. I like the way it rides now but the downside is the looks of the cavernous wheel wells.

So, When are you going to change your avitar to an NSX???

Back