• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beware Of This Car And Seller Jh4na1152mt002287

WHERE CAN I START,,, NIGHTMARE IN TEMPE ARIZONA !!!
Excuse me if this goes astray at times... Still Very Frustrated !

He was a HACK and the car was a HUGE piece of crap !!!

Oil leaks, jimmy rigged wiring, none of the stereo eqpt worked, scratched up, idle was missing horribly, unprofessional wiring,

!!! The list goes on !

I went down to Tempe Az, HOT !!! The first thing he did was just gave me the key, said well go ahead and look and walked back into his A/C house.
From there...The cold shoulder ! As if I was a local just kicking the tires...
I spent $250 (one way) $50 bucks for a rental and I was in front of his house for 2 hours waiting for him to come back out... finally I left to get some water (he never invited me into his home)...

When I came back he left for lunch... As if I lived there and new where to hang out or like I could go to my air conditioned home around the corner !... 116* in the shade !!!
x
It just gets worse !!!

I Finally got him to register the car with a temp so to take to Tempe acura... As soon as I arrived the mechanics, salesmen, service rep and even the secretary said DO NOT BUY THAT CAR !

I was a hard head and knew that if I came all this way for a car... I am getting a damn car !!!

After all the things I found wrong, The mechanic still found a leaking oil sending switch... This was just the start of the NEW bad news at the acura dealership garage, The mechanic that has worked on the car said that even though he put labor into the car it was with the "customers USED parts" and the seller siad nothing about this, And EVEN STILL... (I was hard headed)

After concidering the Faults, parts, what I could fix, damaged body, Shotty work, replacing the bad used parts the dealer installed at the customers demand with factory new parts and time...

I still offered him 25k so I could use the balance to fix the needed work... aprox $4k !
I said it will easily take 4k to get this car back to being drivable including the busted airdam, missing wing, cut wires, Black taped wire ends that lead to no where, scratched paint missing switches, a/c unit was going out, Tune up, coolent service, stuff from prev paragraph...etc...

When I offered him 25 thousand dollars he actually tried cussing me out for offering a lower price.... BIG MISTAKE !!! He went ballistic and TWEAKED !!! if you saw the guy you would understand !

It was like I stole the car and wrecked it or something...
He actually forgot I came 800 miles to see a GREAT condition car (in his own words) !!!..but it was crap that was no where near able to be driven for ANY distance let alone through the desert, up and down mountains, looong flat straits and in the city.... He had no respect nor is he EVER to be trusted selling that car !!! Anyway, A few choice words later and...

I Caught the next flight home.... couldn't wait to get back to sacramento and regroup from This NSX NIGHTMARE !

Thanks for listening to my crazy day.... OH YEA... THIS ALL HAPPENED IN 1 DAY ! From 4am to the minute I posted this Historic event...

Wanna hear the story again from a non bias sourse ???

Todd - Acura of Tempe 480 344 6701
Art (NSX mechanic) - Acura of Tempe 480 344 6701
You Will Be Amazed !

S.:cool:

Last edited:
Re: TEMPE AZ WAS A "HUGE WASTE" of TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY !!!

sorry to hear about your experience here in tempe, why didn't you just have a local NSX Prime member check it out for you?

I'm here in Phoenix and I had yesterday and today off. I also actually saw that car on ebay a while back but didn't know it was in Tempe. I wondered about the overall constructions since the mods were kinda outlandish but I guess it's in piss poor shape.

c.

Sorry to hear it did not work out...I had a very similar experience flying up to a dealer in Portland...you will find something, it just takes a bit of time!

At 25k you are looking for bottom of the barrel cars....you got a bottom of the barrel car. :confused:

How much did you talk to the seller before hand?

Sorry to hear about your NSX nightmare.:frown: You may want to let us know how you found this particular NSX so other Prime members won't waste their time to inquire about this NSX. Seems like the seller has no respect for anyone. I have had people make me ridiculous offers on my previous cars (in excellent condition) before, but I have never cussed at anyone for making a ridiculous offer. I simply say, sorry, I can't sell it at that price (with a smile). I guess some people are not educated in the art of selling (be nice & friendly, and the customer is always right). Good luck on your next inspection.:smile:

At 25k you are looking for bottom of the barrel cars....you got a bottom of the barrel car. :confused:

Did you read the post. He said he offered him $25k knowing that it would need approx $4k to get road worthy. He probably was ready to spend in the area of $30K. Of course he talked to the seller previously. Otherwise why would he waste his time to travel and consider a P.O.S. NSX.

Anyway, hang in there nxshaw. The right car will come along. When you see a car advertised that has some funky mods, be alert beforehand that the car will probably has some serious issues. I could tell you right off the bat that an NSX with Lambo style doors is probably one to stay away from.

Sorry about your experience. Now change the pic in your avatar and get lookin again!

Don't sweat it too much. Take your time and the right car will find you. You'd be surprised to hear how many of us NSX owners found cars near our homes. Hang in there and keep looking.

It sucks to come home empty-handed, but given all the problems you found on the car, I'd say you got the better part of the deal.

Keep looking, the right car will come along someday.

sorry to hear about your experience here in tempe, why didn't you just have a local NSX Prime member check it out for you?

I too am curious why you didn't have a local check it out for you. And why, if you'd been warned by the local dealership and after looking at the car, would you offer $25K? Are you that desperate?

Keep looking, utilize local help, and try using the Used NSX Checklist next time you look at a car.

Good luck.

I too am curious why you didn't have a local check it out for you. And why, if you'd been warned by the local dealership and after looking at the car, would you offer $25K? Are you that desperate?

Keep looking, utilize local help, and try using the Used NSX Checklist next time you look at a car.

Good luck.

Ken,

I am curious to hear the other side of the story as well. it sounds pretty bad but something's missing there. if someone wants to sell a car, he/she can't be THAT arrogant, not to mention a NSX is not a such high demand and has nitch market. The purpose is to sell the car, not to piss ppl off and waste everyone's time.

Oh and Mr. Shaw doesn't like to search for answers, he likes the answers come to him with a silver spoon and some sugar.:wink:

I thought he brought one already, looking at his avartar and all the details in his profile. If that's not his car yet, why put it on?

good luck "searching".:wink:

Ken,

I am curious to hear the other side of the story as well. it sounds pretty bad but something's missing there. if someone wants to sell a car, he/she can't be THAT arrogant, not to mention a NSX is not a such high demand and has nitch market. The purpose is to sell the car, not to piss ppl off and waste everyone's time.

Oh and Mr. Shaw doesn't like to search for answers, he likes the answers come to him with a silver spoon and some sugar.:wink:

Now I am curious. Shaw is looking to purchase an NSX, but claims in his July 11 post that he just purchased one, pictures and all. IS he already looking to buy his sencond NSX?

Sorry to hear about your NSX nightmare.:frown: You may want to let us know how you found this particular NSX so other Prime members won't waste their time to inquire about this NSX. Seems like the seller has no respect for anyone. I have had people make me ridiculous offers on my previous cars (in excellent condition) before, but I have never cussed at anyone for making a ridiculous offer. I simply say, sorry, I can't sell it at that price (with a smile). I guess some people are not educated in the art of selling (be nice & friendly, and the customer is always right). Good luck on your next inspection.:smile:

Yea...25k was a rediculous offer... It was still $10K over what the car was worth !!!

Thanking my lucky stars this morning that I wasn't foolish enough to buy it just because I made a trip so far and was so pumped up for getting my 1st nsx... thanks !

Now I am curious. Shaw is looking to purchase an NSX, but claims in his July 11 post that he just purchased one, pictures and all. IS he already looking to buy his sencond NSX?

Purchased meaning "made a commitment" to buy THAT car but was contingent on the inspection !!!

Don't get to lost in the words... I am not here to FOOL anyone and I am NO FOOL !!!

As the seller made assurances the car was in drivable condition, I was AS SURE it was sold and was mine...

This post was not written to have ANYONE second guess me or my purchases ! It was for the sole purpose of information, clarification and BUYER BEWARE,,,NOT to judge or psychoanalyze my every sentence !!!

I met a few prime members and they obviously view me as a stand up person... you do NOT know me and you reply to my bad experience with that statment ???

come on whoever you are... my experience was bad enough !!!!

Thanks for the wonderful NSX PRIME love....

or am I just reading your statment wrong and you are ASKING if it is my 2nd NSX ???
In that case.... NEVERMIND the last statment !!... I am still looking for my 1st NSX...thanks !

GOT YOU !

Ken,

I thought he brought one already, looking at his avartar and all the details in his profile. If that's not his car yet, why put it on?

Come on now... YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!
Silver Spoon, Don't like to look for answers ???

I am really feeling you don't back up your statments with a lot of SEARCHING YOURSELF !!! I have put tons of time in searching out answers to questions, parts, sales, club meetings, local groups etc...

DO NOT TAKE ONE POST AND TRY TO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT !!!

That was one of my 1st post and have made significant progress learning this forum...AND THE PEOPLE IN IT WHO LIKE TO POP S#!T ON THE NEW GUY !!!

Gimme a break.. I might be someone you need 1 day !!!

Last edited:

I spoke to the seller 2 WEEKS before I even thought of buying a ticket to see the car.

I asked him on several occasions if there was ANY ISSUES that would make the car not drive worthy to northern cali 750+ miles... He said the car was ready to roll except for a coolnnt leak in the tank...Which I bought one (from a NSX prime member) a dali racing aluminum one to take with me on the trip...unfortunatly it didn't come with a cap so I got another one (from a NSX prime member) a stock one in perfect condition... I was making all the necessary accomodations to what he said was wrong.... He didn't say bring another engine and electronics...Because that is what it needed... Anyway, A good learning experience and if you ALL will be patient you will see some post from reputable prime members from tempe who tried to help (COS) is one that could verify my delima as well as atleast 3 more members that kept in contact with me through the process...

But to end a short qstn with a LOOONG answer... I asked the seller more then 6 times through the setting up of the inspection if there was ANYTHING that I should know about the car that would need to be fixed and he said NO ! (his truck that he went to get from out of state blew up and caught fire... that is what took the 1st week of waiting) and I advised him that I would rather not waste a plane ticket and told him to be honest about the cars condition then for me to get all the way up there and have me find out a whole bunch of faults and be misled into getting the car. (as well as have the same experience ha was having getting the truck home !)...

ALL OF THIS WILL COME OUT SOON ENOUGH !!!

There are people that know the seller and the car and are well respected in this forum that can verify the sellers bad doings and his knowledge of the cars faults !!!

Time to move on !

Good luck.

I must admit I was pretty pumped up on driving back to cali !!!

But if you ever meet me you will see and become very aware that I am NOT a desperate man !!!!

Come on PRIME MEMBERS... Be careful what you say !!!!

When you meet the members that you PUNK on line and find out you were mistaken for saying the things you say ... THEN WHAT ????

I have posted nothing but positive feedback to questions, pictures etc...

Try to Refrain from the insults ("Desperate" would be a little over the top !)
I would say more excited, eager, Zealous etc... not Desperate !

Not directed directly at you / just look at the post and see how many are negative then helpful !!!

Did you read the post. He said he offered him $25k knowing that it would need approx $4k to get road worthy. He probably was ready to spend in the area of $30K. Of course he talked to the seller previously. Otherwise why would he waste his time to travel and consider a P.O.S. NSX.

Anyway, hang in there nxshaw. The right car will come along. When you see a car advertised that has some funky mods, be alert beforehand that the car will probably has some serious issues. I could tell you right off the bat that an NSX with Lambo style doors is probably one to stay away from.

DOCL.... YOUR GETTING IT !!!!

I don't see why anyone could see an opportunity to post doubt or question just based on my experience !!!

This will hopefully help someone in the future from making the same mistake I COULD HAVE and DID...

I have posted nothing but positive replys to questions but these cats have me defending a bad experience instead of getting the point I was trying to make....

BUYER BEWARE !!!

Thanks..

Live And Learn... I am starting to meet more NSX owners and I have nothing but positive things to say about them !

Thanks...

S.

Gimme a break.. I might be someone you need 1 day !!!S.:cool:

You are so correct on this. I have experienced this at least a dozen times in my professional career. Luckily, I'm the one that they need. On the road of life, be nice to people on your way up, because those are the same people watching when you are coming back down. Make it a good day.:smile:

You are so correct on this. I have experienced this at least a dozen times in my professional career. Luckily, I'm the one that they need. On the road of life, be nice to people on your way up, because those are the same people watching when you are coming back down. Make it a good day.:smile:

very well said... if I see anything I will let you know shaw :biggrin:

Why would you make effort to even leave more than 2 hours driving time from home for a nsx when there are several within those 2 hours within your price range? Especially at up to $30k willing to spend.

I'm just about ready to put mine on the market in MUCH better shape within that price range. Keywords, just about. Not quite yet though :biggrin:

Back