• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beware Of This Car And Seller Jh4na1152mt002287

Re: TEMPE AZ WAS A "HUGE WASTE" of TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY !!!

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Sometimes if a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is but in your case, the guy was asking $30K for a 1992 NSX so that sounds like the right price if the car was original or had some nice mods.

I can just imagine how you felt spending money to fly there and rent a car just to find out it is a POS. Like others have said, it is a good thing the seller did not take you up on your offer because you could be stuck with a bigger headache in the end. The right car will show up for you so just be a little patient. Good luck with your search and we will keep our eyes open for you.

Damm Scott....
Last time I spoke to you before leaving for Alabama, yu sounded like it was a go...But I cn see now that you found some deper issues after our converstion....
Bummer Scott.
Hand in here, the right car will come along. Just be patient.

When you meet the members that you PUNK on line and find out you were mistaken for saying the things you say ... THEN WHAT ????

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Mr. Sensitive, but "desperate", in my book, is not an insult.

Lighten up, I was asking a question. You may not have noticed, in your haste to be offended, that I offered future advice to help you in your quest for an NSX.

Good luck in your search. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Why would you make effort to even leave more than 2 hours driving time from home for a nsx when there are several within those 2 hours within your price range? Especially at up to $30k willing to spend.

I'm just about ready to put mine on the market in MUCH better shape within that price range. Keywords, just about. Not quite yet though :biggrin:

It was the sellers SO CALLED honesty and pumping up the cars condition that made me decide to make the trip, plus some of the audio features and 2 tone upholstry that was suppose to be in GREAT shape had me curious too... And the drive was an added bonus for the trip home, I have family in southern california so it was a dual trip...

Plus I needed to just get away for a couple days and to do it with a pure driving machine sounds better then driving back from frisco or stockton etc... !!
NOT THAT THERE IS A N Y T H I N G WRONG WITH THOSE PLACES !!!
DON'T WAN'T ANYONE FROM CITIES MAD AT ME TOO AND START A WHOLE NEW KIND OF POST !!!

thanks ...
S.:cool:

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Mr. Sensitive, but "desperate", in my book, is not an insult.

Lighten up, I was asking a question. You may not have noticed, in your haste to be offended, that I offered future advice to help you in your quest for an NSX.

Good luck in your search. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

KEN... I said if I read it wrong then nevermind !!!

I Got It.... But now I am TOO sensitive, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU.........
WAIT, I am too sensitive !!!! :confused: :confused:

I need this... What else am I ???

Thanks for Clarifying,,,, SEE, We all CAN get along !!!

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Sometimes if a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is but in your case, the guy was asking $30K for a 1992 NSX so that sounds like the right price if the car was original or had some nice mods.

I can just imagine how you felt spending money to fly there and rent a car just to find out it is a POS. Like others have said, it is a good thing the seller did not take you up on your offer because you could be stuck with a bigger headache in the end. The right car will show up for you so just be a little patient. Good luck with your search and we will keep our eyes open for you.

Thanks LITESPEEDs, Talk to your boy KEN-Chopsjazz, he needs to get the idea that this was already a F()CK#D up situation then to jack me for getting ripped in Tempe....WAIT, I already made peace with ken....NEVERMIND !

At 25k you are looking for bottom of the barrel cars....you got a bottom of the barrel car. :confused:

How much did you talk to the seller before hand?

THANKS... I FEEL SOOO MUCH BETTER NOW !!!

BUT SERIOUSLY !!!! 30k is a good amount to spend for a 91-92-93 acura/honda car... am I right or am I missing something ?

What should I be looking to spend on a 91-92-93 NSX ???

and watch your answer cause there are LOTS of prime members selling their So Called "BOTTOM OF THE BARREL" 91's for 25 to 30 grand !!!

I thought and still think that is a good price for an OLDER MODEL NSX... NOT Bottom of the barrel !

Thanks for the Bottom of the Barrel Reply !!!!
Sorry for the Sensitive reply... I am working on that !:confused: :confused:

Just Ask KEN !

Re: NEED HELP !!! Flying to tempe to pick up my NSX

ah, he probably was just "trigger happy".

Hell yea I was Trigger Happy But When You are told the car is in Great condition then I see no reason not to get that trigger ready to fire !!!

Sorry I havn't caught up with the SouthWest Men of NSX Prime but I had my hands full in the NorthWest Forum answering the post...

It is truely comical !!!

You guys (and females ?) should go read the post to catch up on the WHOLE story and not just members guessing !

I do thank the Tempe guys that tried to help out,,, but as I was explaining in the Northwest forum... If you could have seen the car, The Seller (WOW!... Scarry..) seen the cut wires, heard the stumbling idle on the engine, saw the oil leak, saw the cracked up airdam, saw the $9K scratched paint, missing parts, missing advertised parts and options, saw the $20K stereo equipment NOT work then you would NOT have purchased the car either...

aside from the treatment, rudeness, being left outside in your 116* heat 2 hours 1 time and 1 hour another while he goes to lunch and appointments ALL OF A SUDDEN, find out that the parts "acura of tempe" put in the car were are all owner supplied and USED (ie-ABS module) learn the A/c does NOTwork, been cussed at for offering 25 grand for a car that in hien sight wasn't worth 15 to 18k.... aside from all that... I Still left knowing I was coming out of this WAY Ahead !!!

you are starting to get the picture I think !!!

You have got to understand, I am NOT from AZ and I had no design or map of the city so I was literaly at the mercy of this guy to do the right thing and at least offer me some damn water... I got nothing from the seller but "did I bring the money with me" and Blank non-responsive answers when I questioned him about the faults I saw and acura of tempe found !

I WAS HELLA MISLED !!!! But as I said before it was a learning experience and I hope someone can use my experience to ask LOTS of questions and don't take the word of a METH HEAD !!!

I am out, see more on the northwest forum !

Last edited:

To all those serious sellers I am still looking for a BLACK 91, 92, 93 NSX !
Local please (california).... I am already pre-approved so no contingency sales to get you the money !!!

Are you only interested in a black NSX? Are you contemplating other colors?

Wow I Dont Know About The Current Nsx Market But When I Was Looking I Found Some Here And There....its A Dam Shame You Went All That Way....

Black only at this time...
I would concider silver if the right one came along...

Thanks
S.

Damm Scott....
Last time I spoke to you before leaving for Alabama, yu sounded like it was a go...But I cn see now that you found some deper issues after our converstion....
Bummer Scott.
Hand in here, the right car will come along. Just be patient.

Yea coz...
The Deal went to shit real fast when Boyd was told of the additional damages from Acura... also Boyd was a little pissed at Acura for telling me they used his used old parts for some repairs that were needed !

All in All I was very glad I didn't talk myself into buying the car just because I was jonesing for an nsx and was in unfamiliar territory !

Todd at Acura did me right by going out of his way (along with art) to show me some of the dirty work Boyd put into the car !!

It was because Acura found so much wrong with the car that I felt the most misled by Boyd...

I don't expect a 91 to be mechanically perfect but to know he used old parts for repairs against Acura’s recommendation, it had an oil leak, needed the cooling system re-flushed, the idle was ruff and missing, a/c wasn't working etc... and he knew in advance I needed to drive it back to cali..

That is why you thought it was still ok because I wasn't informed of all this crap when I talked to you first !

I was willing to fix the little stuff like the missing vents for a/c on the doors, fix the upholstery, repair and paint the air dam, buff out the paint etc...

But Boyd had to come off the price at least 5 grand ! When I asked him to lower the price all shit hit the fan...HE LOST IT !!!… Freakin’ basket case…

Anyway it is all in the previous post about his actions and his tweaked out vibe he gives so I will just stop here and say THANK GOD I WAS NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO TALK MYSELF INTO BUYING THAT CAR !!!

Thanks for keeping in contact while I was up there...
For now on I am staying local for my NSX... Lots of friendly help out here...
Except for this ken guy... He is like the forum psychologist, he is helping me with me sensitivity and getting the silver spoon out of my mouth !
(LONG STORY !!!) Some say He is a cool cat from some pm's I got about him !

Thanks again...

Wow I Dont Know About The Current Nsx Market But When I Was Looking I Found Some Here And There....its A Dam Shame You Went All That Way....

Yea.. Live and learn !!!!

I am california local looking now, may even be NORTHERN cali local only...

But if the right one comes along (again) then I will concider southern cali...

I am from there so I know the territory and lots of people down there !!!

Thanks...

This thread is a kick
38 replies....20 of them from nxshaw :eek:

21 now ANYTIME !!!
Should I ignore the questions ??? What can I say.. I like to hear myself type !!! maybe I will just let you answer the post for now ???

NAW... Then it wouldn't be a KICK !!!

But check this,You're right... It is time to get over this bad experience and move on !!!

OK, NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE PER "ANYTIME" !!!!

But I did want to show some pics of the car...if that is ok ???

What is the quote ? "If you have nothing nice to say then "F(( ))CK OFF" BE-AUCH !!!... something like that !!!

I AM OUT, Thanks for ALL Positive feedback from prime members that helped with some questions and gave support ! !!!!

These are pics I TOOK, AS I SAW IT WHEN I GOT TO TEMPE !!!
Not what was advertised !!! The AD pics "nothinbutsex" sent are in nsx prime member -"audioplus" picture galery.

100_3994.jpg 100_3995.jpg 100_4002.jpg 100_4004.jpg 100_4006.jpg 100_3998.jpg 100_4011.jpg 100_3996.jpg 100_3997.jpg

More Pics Of the piece of crap car AS I SAW IT WHEN I GOT TO TEMPE !!!
Before I even purchased my ticket I got pictures from "nothinbutsex" - boyd - that were totally different... they were from "audioplus" site !

And YES...That is BLACK TAPE holding the airdam on the car and holding the center tail light in place !!!

Ok shaw who was the seller( i may have missed that)? Even though you wasted a couple bucks, at least you didnt wire any money an got the car shipped. Keep looking, you can always get what you at your price. use the members here to help with your purchase, i've met a lot of great people her that i've never seen in person. Try to stay positive, plus you will get a lot form this website.

wow you sound pissed. Hell I would be too.

BTW, I didn't go through all the posts but is the seller a prime member?

Pardon my French, but that NSX is a piece of super doo-doo crap.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Just keep looking, don't rush. You'll know it, when the right NSX comes along. Hopefully it won't take you 5 years of searching to get your NSX like me.:smile:

Shaw-
Sorry about your shopping experience. But come on now, look at those pictures. That car is a serious piece of cXXX; how could you expect something else when you flew there?
I would run, not walk from that mess-that owner needs to be driving one of those old civics with the cheap white fiberglass body kits and the fart can exhaust.
I would never have considered offering $25K for that mess. Take the time to get a lot of detailed pictures of cars you are considering and ask the questions that we all have when shopping for a car. Than have a local NSX owner go look at it and take more pictures if needed. Only then should you drop the coin to fly and see yourself. Unless you just like flying around the country. good luck.

Hey Shaw,

First, good luck searching for the right car and be patient. You see some decent examples locally through craigslist that I think would fit your price range every once in awhile. A buddy of mine got one nicer than that one for $12.5K! When I was given tight time constraints, I also purchased my car blind but did take a few precautions before. If you can't make the trip or can't get a knowledgeable prime member to see it, get the dealer to PPI the thing and see it from there. $95-$300 (depending on the dealer) and when the car arrived it was very close to what was expected. Keep your head up. =)

Shaw-
Sorry about your shopping experience. But come on now, look at those pictures. That car is a serious piece of cXXX; how could you expect something else when you flew there?
I would run, not walk from that mess-that owner needs to be driving one of those old civics with the cheap white fiberglass body kits and the fart can exhaust.
I would never have considered offering $25K for that mess. Take the time to get a lot of detailed pictures of cars you are considering and ask the questions that we all have when shopping for a car. Than have a local NSX owner go look at it and take more pictures if needed. Only then should you drop the coin to fly and see yourself. Unless you just like flying around the country. good luck.

I TOOK THOSE PICTURES WHEN I GOT THERE !!!!!!

THE PICTURES I SAW OF THE CAR "BEFORE I LEFT" WERE FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER "AUDIOPLUS" WHEN HE 1ST FINISHED THE CAR BUT I DIDNIT KNOW THIS TILL I GOT TO TEMPE !!!

I JUST WANTED TO SHOW WHAT I WALKED INTO WHEN THE SELLER "NOTHINGBUTSEX" SAID "GREAT CONDITION" IN ALL THE EMAIL HE SENT ME AND ON THE PHONE.

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT... THE CAR IS A PIECE OF SHIT !!!! BUYER BEWARE OF THIS CAR AND BOYD STEPHENS - NOTHINGBUTSEX - OTHER MEMBERS CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THIS GUY...
S T R A N G E !!!!

PLEASE.... Call acura of tempe and talk to todd... I am not making this up !!!
The dude is a con, liar, meth hype and a destroyer of beautiful cars ! > (his worst fault of all !)

THANKS

Last edited:

QUOTE=KooLaid;847458]ah, he probably was just "trigger happy".[/QUOTE]

Here is what was sent to me as represented by "NOTHINBUTSEX" - BOYD STEPHENS...

N3.JPG

580a_1.jpg

NSX2.JPG

07f9_1.jpg

Attachments

• 5799_0.jpg
    5799_0.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,140
Last edited:

ah, he probably was just "trigger happy".

HERE IS WHAT I WALKED INTO WHEN I GOT TO TEMPE !!!

TANK.jpg

DAM.jpg

DOOR.jpg

DAM2.jpg

DASH.jpg

AND YES.... THAT IS BLACK TAPE HOLDING THE AIRDAM ONTO THE CAR !!!
NOW DO YOU SEE WHY I WAS MAD... NOT TO SAY I WASN'T A LITTLE EAGER OR TRIGGER HAPPY BUT I WAS TOTALLY MISLED !!!

THANKS TO "NOTHINBUTSEX" - BOYD STEPHENS... WHO HAPPENS TO STILL HAVE THE PICTURES UP ON HIS MEMBER PROFILE !!!

PRIME MEMBERS CAN CHECK IT OUT FOR THEMSELVES !!!

HERE IS HIS AD ALSO !!!

'91 Black modified. You CAN'T find a finer NSX. Over $100,000 in stuff, sacrifice for $40,000. This car has actually caused a wreck so many people were gawking at it. Took it to my High School reunion and was voted most obvious millionaire. Gotta talk via phone, It'd take 2 hours to type all the goodies this car has including $15,000 trick suspension, $25,000+ in audio visual (6 Alpine TV/DVD/NAV/SONY PS2/INTERNET/IPOD/CAMERAS/1200 WATT DIAMOND/ALPINE) Wide Body, Lambo doors, etc.) Immaculate cond. Pimp My Ride could do nothing to this car.
Boyd
480-277-5446
Phoenix, AZ.

Back