• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beware Of This Car And Seller Jh4na1152mt002287

Re: NEED HELP !!! Flying to tempe to pick up my NSX

No offense, but just reading the ad description you should have know he was completely Full Of BS. The only thing that is true in the ad is the car is indeed black.

$15,000 suspension?? Tein Flex Coilovers With Edfc $1335 + $360 for the EDFC
$25,000 + stereo???

If you were totally clueless to the above, then "Pimp My Ride could do nothing to this car." should have said it all.

Dude, what were you thinking? :confused:

I've seen that car several times at Acura of Tempe. They call it the "Batmobile".

No offense, but just reading the ad description you should have know he was completely Full Of BS. The only thing that is true in the ad is the car is indeed black.

$15,000 suspension?? Tein Flex Coilovers With Edfc $1335 + $360 for the EDFC
$25,000 + stereo???

If you were totally clueless to the above, then "Pimp My Ride could do nothing to this car." should have said it all.

Dude, what were you thinking? :confused:

I was thinking an NSX Prime member was telling the truth !!!
I have been asked many times on this forum "why havn't I asked a PRIME MEMBER to check out the car ???
Boyd Stephens IS a PRIME MEMBER !!!! Should I now treat every member like they are a BOYD STEPHENS !!!

I guess members are NOT to be trusted!!!!

NOW, I am already kicking myself
2.gif
for trusting this bitch, I don't need anymore cheering up from members blasting my ass with silly comments !!!

Go jack up "NOTHINBUTSEX" BOYD STEPHENS !!!

He is the one giving NSX Prime the black eye and the bad name !!!

S.:cool:

Re: TEMPE AZ WAS A "HUGE WASTE" of TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY !!!

Shaw-
Sorry about your shopping experience. But come on now, look at those pictures. That car is a serious piece of cXXX; how could you expect something else when you flew there?
I would run, not walk from that mess-that owner needs to be driving one of those old civics with the cheap white fiberglass body kits and the fart can exhaust.
I would never have considered offering $25K for that mess. Take the time to get a lot of detailed pictures of cars you are considering and ask the questions that we all have when shopping for a car. Than have a local NSX owner go look at it and take more pictures if needed. Only then should you drop the coin to fly and see yourself. Unless you just like flying around the country. good luck.

HE SENT ME LOTS OF PICS...JUST NOT OF THE CAR THE WAY IT "IS" !!!
WE ALL HAVE BEEN FOOLED BY SOMEONE IN OUR LIVES... THIS WAS MY TIME TO PLAY THE FOOL !!!

And as far as "never offering $25k for that POS"... you NEVER know what you are going to do in certain situations... but I did do the right thing !!!... I didn't get the car ! regardless of my FOOLISH offer !!!

I have been asked many times on this forum "why havn't I asked a PRIME MEMBER to check out the car ???

Boyd Stephens "nothinbutsex" IS a PRIME MEMBER !!!!
Should I now treat every member like they are a BOYD STEPHENS !!!

I guess members really are NOT to be trusted ?!!!?

2.gif
for trusting that bitch, I don't need anymore cheering up from members blasting my ass !!! Not that YOU specificaly are...:biggrin:

But MEMBERS need to Go jack up "NOTHINBUTSEX" BOYD STEPHENS !!!
2.gif

He is the one giving NSX Prime the Black Eye and the Bad Name !!!

Last edited:

well we all live and learn. its just tough luck when you ask all the right questions only to have been sent fake pictures.

Always a bad apple in a barrel. Nsx forum is no different; you got the sour one but the rest of us are very sweet indeed.:smile:

good luck hunting on that nsx you been looking for, btw i sent you a pm.

It would be interesting to see the pics you were sent before the trip...

Here ya go !!! You can also see these pics on "AUDIOPLUS" member page cause that is where member NOTHINBUTSEX - Boyd Stephens stole them from !!!

Think I typed his name enough in the last 20 or so post ???

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=848023&postcount=31

notice the UNPAINTED coolent tank and the lack of BLACK TAPE holding up the airdam !!!

plus one other pic I forgot... Which by the way was there at his house but BROKEN,TORN and UNUSABLE !!!

covr.JPG

Here ya go !!! You can also see these pics on "AUDIOPLUS" member page cause that is where member NOTHINBUTSEX - Boyd Stephens stole them from !!!

Think I typed his name enough in the last 20 or so post ???

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=848023&postcount=31

notice the UNPAINTED coolent tank and the lack of BLACK TAPE holding up the airdam !!!

plus one other pic I forgot... Which by the way was there at his house but BROKEN,TORN and UNUSABLE !!!

View attachment 35551

I feel for you bro, I really do. I'm not sure if those are all the pics that you saw but based on those low-res high-distance pics I would never have flown/driven ~1000 miles to buy that car no matter what the guy told me over the phone. Those pics are very ambiguous at best and I know if I was selling a car I'd put "over $100,000 in stuff" into I'd have very detailed pics to show prospective buyers and a stack of receipts. Conversely, as a prospective buyer presumably paying a premium for these aftermarket components I would want to know exactly what they were and documentation to support them.

IOW, I would not be opposed to buying an NSX w/ a CTSC, etc. and paying extra for it. However I would never, ever, buy a CTSC NSX w/o all supporting records of the purchase/install, or at least be able to independently confirm the work done by a brick-&-mortar joint by phone--no matter how sweet the car seemed to be, unless the price were discounted enough for me to hypothetically cover the complete removal/overhaul of the entire CTSC system--meaning I don't pay the premium for the AM parts and the price is discounted even further for labor to remove the AM parts and return the car to stock if they aren't 100% up to snuff.

I'm assuming you spoke at length with this dude--did he ever actually describe where the "$100,000" went? Furnish you with a list and/or any recepits whatsoever? "$15,000 trick suspension"? Even the Moton triple-adjustable suspension doesn't cost that much installed...:rolleyes:

Sorry to say based on the pics/story/time of membership on Prime I would not have touched this car with a ten-mile pole. His description is so exaggerated I'm not surprised at all he turned out to be a liar.

Let's see:

Username: "Nothinbutsex";

Postcount as of today: 24;

Photos of car: crappy;

Description of vehicle: laughably outrageous

I'm sorry my friend, this one was written on the wall. 24 posts make him far from a long-time, known Prime member. Those good, trustworthy members are easy to spot. I'm always leery of anyone joining Prime right around the time of selling their NSX. Remember, anyone can sign up, and they often do, but rarely does anyone stay and contribute for years.

I hate to be another one to pile on and tell you that this NSX smelled rotten from a mile away. Doesn't mean you shouldn't trust people but this is business. Nothing personal and always assume someone is trying to screw you until proven otherwise. Protect yourself and don't settle for anything less than 100% satisfaction, straight answers, independent confirmation, clear pics, etc. Those things are your right as a potential buyer to ask for and obtain.

Keep in mind--smooth, honest transactions never smell fishy. Once you get that whiff, it's always better to move on. That's your hard-earned money and time--don't gamble with it. There are many, many great NSXs out there. And remember, things usually sell for what they're worth unless unusual circumstances arise--circumstances which should make sense. Most bargains between strangers aren't bargains.

EDIT: I did read where you claim he sent more pics than what I see here. If the pics were taken before the car was in the state it was in that is a tough one. I can't imagine, based on the current state of the car, any high-res pics would not have revealed something amiss. Regardless, the rest of the description and his profile would have scared me away.

well we all live and learn. its just tough luck when you ask all the right questions only to have been sent fake pictures.

Well, I'm not conviced the right questions were asked...like "what kind of suspension costs $15,000 and where did you have the work done?" Or do you have receipts for the "$100,000 of stuff" put into the car?

This guy's description of the car is a red flag to end all red flags. I really feel for nsxshaw but he walked right into the lion's den on this one. This seller is obviously a jackass but if you walk alone down a dark alley late at night bad things can happen.

The world is filled with jackasses--that will never change. You've got to be aware enough to do everything you can to reduce your risk or you'll get screwed with. I guess he's lost his innocence now. :frown:

Batmobile ,,,,,,, bwahahahah! That was funny.Flying out to buy that car,,not funny.The seller needs a good beating.

Well, I'm not conviced the right questions were asked...like "what kind of suspension costs $15,000 and where did you have the work done?" Or do you have receipts for the "$100,000 of stuff" put into the car?

This guy's description of the car is a red flag to end all red flags. I really feel for nsxshaw but he walked right into the lion's den on this one. This seller is obviously a jackass but if you walk alone down a dark alley late at night bad things can happen.

The world is filled with jackasses--that will never change. You've got to be aware enough to do everything you can to reduce your risk or you'll get screwed with. I guess he's lost his innocence now. :frown:

Hey NSXGMS

i agree. if someone said 15,000$ suspensions that would set off red flags for me. never seen a set of 15,000$ suspension in my life, they must be dipped in gold. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

im guessing the seller will have a hell of a time selling on prime with this stink. its always scarry to fly some where sight unseen to purchase a car.

I purchased my nsx and had to fly to TX from CA. all happened very quicky over 2 days between intro to purchase but good thing it worked out well. Im sure these events are exceptions to the rule.

dont lose hope and happy motoring.

Boyd is strange for sure, but he didnt do this to the car.... he bought it that way from AudioPlus in Indiana.

AudioPlus traded a denalli for the car, when they got it they realized it was beat, so they did that stuff. then Boyd bought it, realized it was crap...and now he is selling it.

shaw...its over now, life too short for you to STILL be pissed..

Boyd is strange for sure, but he didnt do this to the car.... he bought it that way from AudioPlus in Indiana.

AudioPlus traded a denalli for the car, when they got it they realized it was beat, so they did that stuff. then Boyd bought it, realized it was crap...and now he is selling it.

shaw...its over now, life too short for you to STILL be pissed..

YEA, I am over being pissed !!!

Just don't anyone else to get suckered into even going to see the cal let alone putting money down because boyd WILL try to sell the car again online !!!

I know he will use those pics from indiana again to get his next VICTOM !!!

I feel for you bro, I really do. I'm not sure if those are all the pics that you saw but based on those low-res high-distance pics I would never have flown/driven ~1000 miles to buy that car no matter what the guy told me over the phone. Those pics are very ambiguous at best and I know if I was selling a car I'd put "over $100,000 in stuff" into I'd have very detailed pics to show prospective buyers and a stack of receipts. Conversely, as a prospective buyer presumably paying a premium for these aftermarket components I would want to know exactly what they were and documentation to support them.

IOW, I would not be opposed to buying an NSX w/ a CTSC, etc. and paying extra for it. However I would never, ever, buy a CTSC NSX w/o all supporting records of the purchase/install, or at least be able to independently confirm the work done by a brick-&-mortar joint by phone--no matter how sweet the car seemed to be, unless the price were discounted enough for me to hypothetically cover the complete removal/overhaul of the entire CTSC system--meaning I don't pay the premium for the AM parts and the price is discounted even further for labor to remove the AM parts and return the car to stock if they aren't 100% up to snuff.

I'm assuming you spoke at length with this dude--did he ever actually describe where the "$100,000" went? Furnish you with a list and/or any recepits whatsoever? "$15,000 trick suspension"? Even the Moton triple-adjustable suspension doesn't cost that much installed...:rolleyes:

Sorry to say based on the pics/story/time of membership on Prime I would not have touched this car with a ten-mile pole. His description is so exaggerated I'm not surprised at all he turned out to be a liar.

Let's see:

Username: "Nothinbutsex";

Postcount as of today: 24;

Photos of car: crappy;

Description of vehicle: laughably outrageous

I'm sorry my friend, this one was written on the wall. 24 posts make him far from a long-time, known Prime member. Those good, trustworthy members are easy to spot. I'm always leery of anyone joining Prime right around the time of selling their NSX. Remember, anyone can sign up, and they often do, but rarely does anyone stay and contribute for years.

I hate to be another one to pile on and tell you that this NSX smelled rotten from a mile away. Doesn't mean you shouldn't trust people but this is business. Nothing personal and always assume someone is trying to screw you until proven otherwise. Protect yourself and don't settle for anything less than 100% satisfaction, straight answers, independent confirmation, clear pics, etc. Those things are your right as a potential buyer to ask for and obtain.

Keep in mind--smooth, honest transactions never smell fishy. Once you get that whiff, it's always better to move on. That's your hard-earned money and time--don't gamble with it. There are many, many great NSXs out there. And remember, things usually sell for what they're worth unless unusual circumstances arise--circumstances which should make sense. Most bargains between strangers aren't bargains.

EDIT: I did read where you claim he sent more pics than what I see here. If the pics were taken before the car was in the state it was in that is a tough one. I can't imagine, based on the current state of the car, any high-res pics would not have revealed something amiss. Regardless, the rest of the description and his profile would have scared me away.

Yea, After the trip was over and I was home... The true reality of how STUPID I WAS for getting caught up in the hype even surprizes me !!!

I concider myself a business minded person but I SERIOUSLY slipped on this one !

The Momentum of getting the car, driving back, seeing family and getting to know the car through the I-5 grapevine were all factors in my zealousness for the deal...I can't say it enough...

I WAS STUPID FOR GETTING SO WRAPPED UP IN HYPE !!!

BUT NOW..... I am grounded again and have a clear mind for the search and purchase !

I MUST SAY...I was still followed by the angels for not actually being so caught up that I actually gave that freak a penny for the car !!!

So, i'm counting my blessings and talked to a LOT of COOL NSX PRIME members along the way of my crazy journey... Got some cool leads on legit LOCAL nsx's too... so all is not lost !

BY THE WAY... did I tell everyone I got my money back from the plane tickets ???

I offered to give up my seat for a lady and her kid because the plane was one seat short and in return I got the face value of my ticket ($210.40) PLUS $200.00 from the airline for the bump and...A TICKET BACK HOME !!!!
thats $410.40 cash and a free ticket HOME !!!

All good things come to those who wait and who put others before them...

S.:cool: THANKS EVERYONE !!!!!!

Even you ken (chopsjazz) for getting in my s#!t early on in the postings... I guess I deserve a little razzing for my IGNORANCE !!!

Last edited:

About the plane ticket thing, yeah they tend to hook it up pretty good. I've seen them offer $500 before on a ticket from colorado to houston! I would of given mine up, but I was on a strict time schedule and my car's prior owner was already waiting to rock n roll.

Justice will come to those who do wrong and those who do right.

on the other hand if we dont lose control once in a while, then we are not really living life. Once in a while when i see a thing/person of beauty, i still get butterflies in my tummy.

Good luck on finding your NSX. if you need someone to take care of your NSX and loves nsxs as much as you do ( maybe more ) give me a ring. :tongue:

welcome to the community

happy motoring.

Sorry to hear your experience. I can definitely relate.

I once travel from Soc Cal to Frisco. intent to buy a rare Racing Beat RX7 turbo. Lots of Pictures and it looked great. I asked a lot of questions and told the seller I intent to drive it home to So Cal. That is a 7 hr drive. He said "Sure, it got a new engine in it. No problem. " When I got there the car was piece of crap. I specifically ask the seller to leave the engine cold so I can start it cold. The car was nice and warm waiting for me when I got there.
The engine was shaking like the flywheel was off balance. New engine with No power. Clutch was slipping. A/C was gone and I mean A/C was removed. Fresh oil is dripping from the oil sender. Missing interior pieces. Broken spoilers. Dull paint. It was a racing beat demo show car that went to Hell.

I didn't even give an offer. I just walked. Engine would probably self destruct in 2 miles. Wasted $500 for me and a friend to fly up to SF and back. Unless the Car is CPO I would never get a car 100 miles beyond my domain. Never know what you gonna get.

Now I weary about buying a car that is so Modified like that black Lambo doored NSX. because in some way to hack up a car like that it show some disrespect to the car itself. It is majorly intrusive to the car to install such doors and sound system. i am really hesitant in modification that is irreversible.

Glad you didnt buy that nightmare.

You guys need to take advantage of getting out. Don't make it a total loss! Shaw, we could have picked up an eight ball and some hookers and partied all night! You would have forgotten all about that lame car.

Boyd Stephens IS a PRIME MEMBER !!!! Should I now treat every member like they are a BOYD STEPHENS !!!

I guess members are NOT to be trusted!!!!

2.gif
for trusting this bitch, I don't need anymore cheering up from members blasting my ass with silly comments !!!

Go jack up "NOTHINBUTSEX" BOYD STEPHENS !!!

He is the one giving NSX Prime the black eye and the bad name !!!

I'm very sorry of your experience. In general NSX Prime members are upstanding.

But just because someone has joined NSX Prime doesn't vouch for his or her character. This forum has attracted a lot of dubious characters since the NSX attracts a lot of wannabe ricers and whatnot as well as upstanding owners.

We'd have gladly checked out the car for you locally without you having to fly down first.

Like they say - TRUST but VERIFY. Next time you see anything this way allow us to review the car for you first.

Personally - I'd be very leery of someone with a handle nothinbutsex - that is indicative of the immature mindset of the member. Anyway, best of luck to you.

Beware Of This Car And Seller !!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93207

TAKE IT FROM ME, I SAW THIS CAR 1ST HAND AND IT IS "NOTHING" LIKE THE PICTURES THE SELLER IS SHOWING !!!

THOSE PICTURES ARE FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND WHEN THE CAR WAS CUSTOMIZED 2 YEARS AGO... THE CAR IS CRAP NOW !!!

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON THE SELLER... THIS IS A CAUTION TO ALL THE POTENTIAL BUYERS WHO NEED TO KNOW FIRST HAND THAT THE CAR IS CRAP !!!

A LITTLE WORK IS NEEDED IS A H U G E UNDERSTATMENT !!! JUST CALL ACURA OF TEMPE AZ.

I just had to add my story that was eerily similar. I drove all the way to Dallas to look at a rare hard top mr2 in "great condition". I had pictures, spoke with the seller twice, etc.

This guy's last name was Phan too! I have a lot of vietnamese friends, two of them with the last name "Pham" (my girlfriend has the last name Pham for what it's worth), and I've noticed a trend and but I'll keep it to myself.

The car's front bumper wasn't even painted. The rear deck was using gravity as its sole instrument to stay on the car. The car had more exhaust leaks than not, the interior was missing panels, the engine was extremely dirty and the car felt like it had about 75 horsepower, not exaggerating. The clutch had no feel, the shifter DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A SHIFT KNOB.

I was still determined to offer the guy a couple grand but quickly came to my senses. I was extremely dissapointed, luckily at that time I have an awesome girlfriend who drove me all the way to dallas and back and didn't even complain about it. My current girlfriend would probably push me off a cliff after that ordeal.. ah hind sight is 20/20.

Re: Beware Of This Car And Seller !!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93207

TAKE IT FROM ME, I SAW THIS CAR 1ST HAND AND IT IS "NOTHING" LIKE THE PICTURES THE SELLER IS SHOWING !!!

THOSE PICTURES ARE FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND WHEN THE CAR WAS CUSTOMIZED 2 YEARS AGO... THE CAR IS CRAP NOW !!!

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON THE SELLER... THIS IS A CAUTION TO ALL THE POTENTIAL BUYERS WHO NEED TO KNOW FIRST HAND THAT THE CAR IS CRAP !!!

A LITTLE WORK IS NEEDED IS A H U G E UNDERSTATMENT !!! JUST CALL ACURA OF TEMPE AZ.

Hey there alll!

nxshaw .... I can back you up on this 100% I saw the car myself about a month ago. Boyd Stephens sent me the exact pictures you got and I was dead set on buying that car. Boyd was asking 32K for the car and he went down to $25K and even offered to pay for shipping it.

Unlike you ... I was flying thourgh Pheonix and had a 4 hour layover. Boyd picked me up at Sky Harbor and we took the car for a ride etc. Yes ... I agree there was a very misrepresented. The pictures sent looked awesome, then you see that car and it was in horrble shape. I can understand why you were excited ... as the original pictures looked great and for the price you felt you were getting a great buy!

Then you see the car and yep .... pissed. Hear is a list of things that I found when I saw it;
1.All the glass shockes did not work
2. rear deck lid was held up by a pole when opened
3. broken passenger mirror covered with black duct tape
4. front spoiler beat to hell
5. weather sripping hanging all over the place and some held by tape
6. driver door vent and window control smashed and unworking
7. passenger door vent missing parts
8. glove box door broken
9. coolent tank painted silver and taped
9. rear passeneger tires worn and mismatched with others
10. carpet & appolstry stained and dirty
11. center console dash had hole hole in it (the dash carpet cover hide it)
12. Paint was beat, passenger side had white paint streak from a BBQ tank
13. leather shift boot torn and not fastened
14. battery connection rigged up.
15. no spare tire due to extra battery for stereo system
16. engine had bad hesiattion and skip on acceleration
17. missing wings west rear spoiler (but side fins there)
18. failed emission in AZ
19. no CATs installed on the car, but claimed he had them
20. no engine compartment cover
I am sure I could go on ... but it's been a month

I did not take it to ACURA so I did not know the mechanical shape of the car ... however ... after my test drive etc. there was an exhaust / emissions smell that just would not leave me. I could smell this distict oder during my entire next flight through the next morning even after a shower. It got to the point it almost made me sick. I was seriouly considering buying this car ... but there was just way too much worng and the distict smell ... just totally turned me off. I am a hobby wrench head ... so tinkering on cars is not big deal with me ... but for the money this car had way too much worng.

To all out there ... nxshaw is totally correct on what he is syaing. The original pictures sent (from Indiana) were awesome and the car was perfect. I can underdstand his excitment then the disapoitnment. I was in this exact same path a month ago! I found the car on autotrader.com and his add was much different then what was posted previously.

I was pissed as well. As much of a part of me wanted to buy the car for the sake of buying an NSX ... I did the right thing and walked away. Yes it was crushing. I took a while to get over. Since I have found an NSX. I currently have it all torn a part but as soon as I have it back together ... I will post pictures.

cheers,
xory72

Back