• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Billet Valve Covers (Feeler)

Oh Lord, help somebody...somewhere, make a reasonably priced dry sump system for the NSX.

Yes, significantly and also without the inconsistency of cast parts. The only issue I can see with the A arms is cost. The material will be quite large. Material alone could be close to $1000.

I need to find you a billet aluminum hook up. A brick of crack the size of a control arm might cost $1,000.00 but aluminum? It's the most abundant metal our lovely little planet has gifted to us. What spec aluminum and in what size do you need to spit out a control arm for example. I'll make a few phone calls. Maybe I am absolutely wrong about this but I need to find out for myself. :)

I need to find you a billet aluminum hook up. A brick of crack the size of a control arm might cost $1,000.00 but aluminum? It's the most abundant metal our lovely little planet has gifted to us. What spec aluminum and in what size do you need to spit out a control arm for example. I'll make a few phone calls. Maybe I am absolutely wrong about this but I need to find out for myself. :)

My initial thought is 40"x14"x4" is pretty close to a single upper or lower set, that's just a guess... I can say with certainty that the material is not as cheap as you think it is. Check it out online anywhere you want...

Here is an online metals vendor as an indicator of actual market: http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=12672&step=4&showunits=inches&id=76&top_cat=60

Check it out for yourself - 40"x14"x4" to account for the curvature and so forth.

Hi,

i think you can bring the cost down if you buy a little bigger block and fit 2 arms in there...as they are
almost like a triangle, you can fit 2 into a rectangular block.... you will end using less material than
one block per arm ;)

Thanks,
Nuno

Hi,

i think you can bring the cost down if you buy a little bigger block and fit 2 arms in there...as they are
almost like a triangle, you can fit 2 into a rectangular block.... you will end using less material than
one block per arm ;)

Thanks,
Nuno

Thanks Nuno, I was trying to communicate the cost of aluminum, yes cost goes down when you buy more as with most things but there is a limit to this, and of course we would optimize the process to use as little aluminum as possible. If we made the arms we would need to measure and model them, at which point it would be straight forward to estimate actual cost per set. The figures I've used are rough estimates in conjunction with approximated dimensions.

Back