• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein -vs- stock shocks

The shop took measurements before and after from center of the wheel to fender and the rear left didn't drop as much. THey also lined up the springs before install and they were level. So I just said I'd give it a week to see if it settles and it didn't so I'm taking it back in this friday.

After reading several posts and trying to decide what to buy for my NSX, I still cannot find very many photos. Anyone with side pictures of a lowered NSX, please post them so that I can try and view different combinations side by side. Also, if you have your car parked next to an NSX on stock suspension, that would be great for comparisson purposes. Thank you. :)

do springs wear out? im running with 14 year old shocks, time to replace them. can i keep the stock springs or should i replace those too?

So I ordered the Bilsteins from Mark at Dali.. The delivery went smoothly and I got them Thursday.. I had an appt with my NSX tech on Friday to do the install.. It took about 3 hours for the job to be completed including a 4 wheel alignment.. My initial thoughts are how much better the Bilsteins ride over the stock shocks.. Either they are better or my stock ones were really worn.. It is so much smoother than the stock even with the setting on the lower perch..

FYI: I have a 96 with 36K miles..

Anyways, as promised, here are the before and after pics with the finger-meter for comparison.. if you guys want other angles, let me know..

Below is the rear before...

Attachments

• dsc01762.jpg
    dsc01762.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 394
Rear after (w/ Bilstein)

Note, that 3 fingers doesn't really fit in there and that the true measurement should be about 2.5 fingers.. Since I don't have 2.5 fingers, I am just letting you guys know.. You can tell that it's cramped it there for 3 fingers..

Attachments

• dsc01765.jpg
    dsc01765.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 391
Front after..

I can't get two fingers in there, so it's like 1.5 fingers fit.. Much better from 3 fingers in there in the before pic!!!!

BTW: NO rubbing whatsoever and he got the alignment back within OEM specs..

Attachments

• dsc01768.jpg
    dsc01768.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 392
@ spyderman. Thanks for sharing the pics. I want to know what rim/tire combo you run. The gap between oem tire and fender is more than with taller wheels like you have I guess.

Anyone have any experiences with running Tein S-techs and Bilsteins? I'm looking at my options and i'm not sure if i need my car that low, i'm going to be running a 18/19 wheel setup, I'm just looking to remove wheel gap and stiffer shocks.

How driveable is eibachs and bilsteins on upper perch? Would i have lots of trouble with driveways? Ideallly i'm looking for maybe 1-2 finger wheel gap but still be driveable.

I'm considering tein flex also, but doubt i'll be needing all of those options.

Back