• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bit rot

I trimmed the name a bit and was able to see the photo.

4319Stereo_Install_Aug_03_001.jpg

Man that sucks. No idea what happened, my best guess is that some Photopost upgrade changed the file naming convention. Not sure why that would have happened. I'll try manually regenerating them to see if that helps. I'll schedule it for late at night when the server isn't as busy so it doesn't bog everything down.

Man that sucks. No idea what happened, my best guess is that some Photopost upgrade changed the file naming convention. Not sure why that would have happened. I'll try manually regenerating them to see if that helps. I'll schedule it for late at night when the server isn't as busy so it doesn't bog everything down.

That would be great. Thank you.

I regenerated the medium-size images and there were many thousands created. I'm not sure why they were missing to begin with, but anyway there are there now.

However the real problem in this situation is that photopost appears to have changed their storage schema at some point. I have no idea when or why.

But as you can see above, the medium sized versions used to be saved as:

Code:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/4319Stereo_Install_Aug_03_001-med.jpg

Whereas now they are stored as:
Code:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/medium/4319Stereo_Install_Aug_03_001.jpg

So it used to just append a -med onto the end of the file name in the same directory, now it uses a separate /medium/ folder to store the medium sized image with the same filename as the original image.

The same thing happened to thumbnail images, so all the old thumbnail links are broken too.

Pretty frustrating. I'm going to submit a support ticket w/ Photopost and see if there is a way to revert it back to the old storage system so all those old links aren't broken.

Awesome, gotta love technology. /s

Good luck with that query, if it works it will make the old threads that link to photopost images much more useful.

Back