• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blew a coolant hose today need advice on how to proceed....

Hmm.. Ok, well I'm still trying to decide whether or not to do just the 6 main hoses and leave the other 17 for another day?

When you had your issue at the track and subsequent fix at the dealership did they replace all 23 hoses?

No they just replaced the 3 main engine bay hoses (we cut them to get the engine out- one of Kaz's tricks) plus the oil cooler hoses and thermostat. All of my other hoses were replaced by LarryB in 2009, so they are still ok. I will do all 23 again at the next TB job in 2019.

Do you have a parts list on the bill? Sounds like they did replace them, and an item list will 100% confirm.

Here are the part numbers listed:

1. 91318-PY3-000 Figure 8 Oring oil cooler
2. 19423-PR7-A00 Oil Cooler Hose NSX
3. 19422-PR7-A01 Oil Cooler Hose NSX

- - - Updated - - -

No they just replaced the 3 main engine bay hoses (we cut them to get the engine out- one of Kaz's tricks) plus the oil cooler hoses and thermostat. All of my other hoses were replaced by LarryB in 2009, so they are still ok. I will do all 23 again at the next TB job in 2019.

I think I might just bite the bullet and have all 23 replaced minus the oil cooler hoses since they were just replaced about 10k miles ago (I'll have him look at the condition of those when he's replacing the other hoses) with the 6 main being the reinforced silicone that SOS sells.

Are you saying that you have to drop the engine to replace all of the hoses?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I might just bite the bullet and have all 23 replaced minus the oil cooler hoses since they were just replaced about 10k miles ago (I'll have him look at the condition of those when he's replacing the other hoses) with the 6 main being the reinforced silicone that SOS sells.

No, it can all be done with the engine in (this is how LarryB does it IIRC). In my case, we had to drop the engine to do the head gasket service.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are the oil cooler hoses, so they have been replaced, just check for any oil spill on the ones installed. I see this alot with leaky VC gaskets. No requirement to drop the motor for that hose service.

HTH,
LarryB

Back